LIBYA COACH: Nigeria Uses Juju BUT.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
LIBYA COACH: Nigeria Uses Juju BUT.......

Post by Enugu II »

AFCON 2019: Nigeria weak, rely only on juju, says Libya coach
By Ayo Olu Ibidapo - September 8, 2018 602 0
SHARE Facebook Twitter
http://aoifootball.com/2018/09/08/afcon ... bya-coach/

Ahead of next month’s double header 2019 AFCON qualifiers against the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Libya coach, Adel Amorouche believes the 3-time African champions are a far weaker team compared to South Africa and rely only on voodoo, AOIFootball.com reports.

Amorouche was speaking after Libya earned an impressive goalless draw away to South Africa, adding that his boys will roll over the Super Eagles, even if both legs are played in Nigeria.

“Believe me I prefer to play Nigeria than South Africa because I have the experience to play against them. South Africa is a fantastic team and have fantastic players and it’s not easy to play against them.

“For me, I’m ready for Nigeria; if they want we can play both games in Nigeria; they believe in juju and we believe in God,” Amrouche said.

Nigeria will next face Libya on October 10 with the return leg four days later, with the fixture likely to decide on who picks the ticket for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIBYA COACH: Nigeria Uses Juju BUT.......

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Rohr should stop trying to get our players angry and pumped up by sponsoring articles like this. If this does not make Nigeria beat them silly in both games, I don't know what will.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote:Rohr should stop trying to get our players angry and pumped up by sponsoring articles like this. If this does not make Nigeria beat them silly in both games, I don't know what will.
How is Rohr sponsoring the articles?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:Rohr should stop trying to get our players angry and pumped up by sponsoring articles like this. If this does not make Nigeria beat them silly in both games, I don't know what will.
How is Rohr sponsoring the articles?
I naira needs to get a job :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

The same underwhelming Rohr that disappointingly hopes to get 4 points from the Libya matches? How did we get so low that our coach cannot guarantee 6 points from Libya?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

With that Buffoon that calls himself Rohr the man surely knows what he is talking about.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bros 1Naija, what do you mean? How is our coach responsible for this - one way or the other?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Obong wrote:The same underwhelming Rohr that disappointingly hopes to get 4 points from the Libya matches? How did we get so low that our coach cannot guarantee 6 points from Libya?
Chief Obong, I agree with you! Why is our coach not talking of winning Libya both both home and away; thereby, collecting the entire six points? Anyway, it's one game at a time. Win the first game first and plan for the second one.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

As usual crooks are still ranting because their fraudulent players weren’t selected by rohr. Anyway, a coach that qualifies in a group consisted of Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia should be a able to stand their ground against any African team. Also, no matter how confident ROhR is of beating Libya he dare not become arrogant by publicly saying it
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Obong wrote:The same underwhelming Rohr that disappointingly hopes to get 4 points from the Libya matches? How did we get so low that our coach cannot guarantee 6 points from Libya?
But bros, we’re still “learning”.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Chief Obong, I agree with you! Why is our coach not talking of winning Libya both both home and away; thereby, collecting the entire six points? Anyway, it's one game at a time. Win the first game first and plan for the second one.
Sorry, I must have missed it.
What did Rohr say about Libya again?
No vex. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Lamenting about Juju versus God in 2018. Where was his god when his country was turned into rubbles by bunch of so-called Infidels. What a wasted mind!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ekorian wrote:Lamenting about Juju versus God in 2018. Where was his god when his country was turned into rubbles by bunch of so-called Infidels. What a wasted mind!
That is simply what they tell themselves to justify taking black slaves.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

[/video]
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

How many points did Rohr get from Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia? Common Obong don't allow your dislike of Rohr becloud your ability to see the bigger picture
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
How many points did Rohr get from Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia? Common Obong don't allow your dislike of Rohr becloud your ability to see the bigger picture
I'm surprised at Obong tbh.
How feelings change! :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tbite wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Lamenting about Juju versus God in 2018. Where was his god when his country was turned into rubbles by bunch of so-called Infidels. What a wasted mind!
That is simply what they tell themselves to justify taking black slaves.
That sums it up!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:

You have excess time. Some comments,...you just shake your head, say a prayer for the persons family and move on.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Need to give them 7 kondo like the days of Finidi and Yekini.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

kalani JR wrote:Need to give them 7 kondo like the days of Finidi and Yekini.
Yes the good old days, when we lost 1-0 away to Ethiopia or drew away 0-0 to Uganda...I hear you! :dream:
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The coach is actually Egyptian.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

This man na real wa oooo!
Adel Amrouche: I was only joking about Nigeria and juju
Calvin Emeka OnwukaSeptember 9, 2018
https://www.aclsports.com/adel-amrouche ... -and-juju/

Libya coach Adel Amrouche caused quite the stir during the post match press conference following his side’s 0-0 draw with South Africa in Durban. Amrouche had accused Nigeria of believing only in Juju.

However the former Kenya coach who has experienced playing against the Nigeria Super Eagles many times says that he was only joking. In an exclusive interview with http://www.ACLSports.com he says “I was only joking, my brother. How can I say (believe) Nigeria relies on juju? Please tell me does Ahmed Musa need juju to play football?”

The comment has not gone down well in the hierarchy of Nigeria football clearly and it has surprised Amrouche. “The Nigerian federation president has called my federation president over this and I am genuinely surprised. It was nothing serious at all. I respect Nigeria’s football a lot and Stephen Keshi, God Bless his soul, was a brother and best friend to me.”

Libya sit top of Group E ahead of South Africa and Nigeria are in 3rd place but only a point separates the three countries. In October is a double header between Nigeria and Libya so perhaps this was a mind games from Amrouche.

Libya team that got a point in Durban, South Africa
Libya have still not been allowed by CAF/FIFA to play matches at home. “As a football person I would rather be playing matches in Nigeria because of the passion of the crowd and the fact that the stadium will be full” Amrouche says with regards to his comment about not minding playing both legs of the double header in Nigeria. He starts to hum the typical Nigeria Football Supporters Club song over the phone line to buttress his point. “We know and love the tunes of the Nigeria football fans, in Durban the stadium was empty and I know it would not be so when we play Nigeria.”

How have his players responded to not playing matches at home. “I tell them that football is simple everywhere with 11 players on each side and the same playing field for all on it at the time. Only thing changed now is that we don’t have VAR yet” Amrouche says. “It is what it is and we have to just concentrate on playing football wherever we have to play. I am happy with the commitment of the players to the cause”.

Intent on proving that he respects Nigeria Amrouche says “I like to have fun and I make jokes a lot but I am genuinely sorry for any offence I have caused with the comments. I like Wizkid and Davido a lot and please how can anyone even think Kanu (Nwankwo) and Jay Jay (Okocha) relied on juju for football? I certainly don’t think so.”

Adel Amrouche is clearly a man who likes to joke. He is also very widely travelled across Africa he seems genuinely surprised that this joke has not gone down well. He is also genuinely sorry.

Only problem is Nigerians have long memories. Only six points over Amrouche’s Libya might make Nigerians forgive and forget this.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics