LIBYA COACH: Nigeria Uses Juju BUT.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: LIBYA COACH: Nigeria Uses Juju BUT.......

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote:The coach is actually Egyptian.

Not Egyptian but Algerian. Former Algeria international who has both played and coached against Nigeria in the past. He was in charge of Kenya when a late Nnamdi Oduamadi goal saved us from embarrassment on home soil in 2013. But we had beaten them in the reverse tie courtesy of Ahmed Musa.

His team is on top of the group so he can say whatever he likes now. But come October the talk that matters will be done on the pitch.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Obong wrote:The same underwhelming Rohr that disappointingly hopes to get 4 points from the Libya matches? How did we get so low that our coach cannot guarantee 6 points from Libya?
Chief Obong, I agree with you! Why is our coach not talking of winning Libya both both home and away; thereby, collecting the entire six points? Anyway, it's one game at a time. Win the first game first and plan for the second one.
Sorry, I must have missed it.
What did Rohr say about Libya again?
No vex. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bros, I heard (from the grapevine) our coach is thinking of collecting four points from the Libyans instead of six. Considering Rohr's way of doing things, I believe the "rumor." In a way, it's ok, just win the first game first - that's all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:This man na real wa oooo!
Adel Amrouche: I was only joking about Nigeria and juju
Calvin Emeka OnwukaSeptember 9, 2018
https://www.aclsports.com/adel-amrouche ... -and-juju/

Libya coach Adel Amrouche caused quite the stir during the post match press conference following his side’s 0-0 draw with South Africa in Durban. Amrouche had accused Nigeria of believing only in Juju.

However the former Kenya coach who has experienced playing against the Nigeria Super Eagles many times says that he was only joking. In an exclusive interview with http://www.ACLSports.com he says “I was only joking, my brother. How can I say (believe) Nigeria relies on juju? Please tell me does Ahmed Musa need juju to play football?”

The comment has not gone down well in the hierarchy of Nigeria football clearly and it has surprised Amrouche. “The Nigerian federation president has called my federation president over this and I am genuinely surprised. It was nothing serious at all. I respect Nigeria’s football a lot and Stephen Keshi, God Bless his soul, was a brother and best friend to me.”

Libya sit top of Group E ahead of South Africa and Nigeria are in 3rd place but only a point separates the three countries. In October is a double header between Nigeria and Libya so perhaps this was a mind games from Amrouche.

Libya team that got a point in Durban, South Africa
Libya have still not been allowed by CAF/FIFA to play matches at home. “As a football person I would rather be playing matches in Nigeria because of the passion of the crowd and the fact that the stadium will be full” Amrouche says with regards to his comment about not minding playing both legs of the double header in Nigeria. He starts to hum the typical Nigeria Football Supporters Club song over the phone line to buttress his point. “We know and love the tunes of the Nigeria football fans, in Durban the stadium was empty and I know it would not be so when we play Nigeria.”

How have his players responded to not playing matches at home. “I tell them that football is simple everywhere with 11 players on each side and the same playing field for all on it at the time. Only thing changed now is that we don’t have VAR yet” Amrouche says. “It is what it is and we have to just concentrate on playing football wherever we have to play. I am happy with the commitment of the players to the cause”.

Intent on proving that he respects Nigeria Amrouche says “I like to have fun and I make jokes a lot but I am genuinely sorry for any offence I have caused with the comments. I like Wizkid and Davido a lot and please how can anyone even think Kanu (Nwankwo) and Jay Jay (Okocha) relied on juju for football? I certainly don’t think so.”

Adel Amrouche is clearly a man who likes to joke. He is also very widely travelled across Africa he seems genuinely surprised that this joke has not gone down well. He is also genuinely sorry.

Only problem is Nigerians have long memories. Only six points over Amrouche’s Libya might make Nigerians forgive and forget this.
... that's ok! We just have to find a way to collect the six points from them (Libya) and his "indirect apology" will be accepted. I hope our coach and players are reading all these.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Obong wrote:The same underwhelming Rohr that disappointingly hopes to get 4 points from the Libya matches? How did we get so low that our coach cannot guarantee 6 points from Libya?
Chief Obong, I agree with you! Why is our coach not talking of winning Libya both both home and away; thereby, collecting the entire six points? Anyway, it's one game at a time. Win the first game first and plan for the second one.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bros, I heard (from the grapevine) our coach is thinking of collecting four points from the Libyans instead of six. Considering Rohr's way of doing things, I believe the "rumor." In a way, it's ok, just win the first game first - that's all
Hmmm....so you and Obong are guilty of spreading.
Izzokay.
Una don become accomplice. A few weeks ago two of una wan kill each other because of Enyeama and Rohr.
See life. :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

What Rohr said was that we need a minimum of 4 points against Libya. That would leave us with 7pts with 2 games left (one an almost assured home win vs Seychelles, and the other a tricky away fixture at South Africa).

Personally I think that we need to take all 6pts from Libya and get this thing over with. 6pts from Libya with Seychelles visiting us in November and we are through.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Hmmm....so you and Obong are guilty of spreading.
Izzokay.
Una don become accomplice. A few weeks ago two of una wan kill each other because of Enyeama and Rohr.
See life. :blink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: if you wan go dia, make you blame Chief Obong!
Oh; Damunk, there is your proof - as posted or confirmed by - bros Mystic. Thus Chief Obong was right after-all
Last edited by Odas on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mystic wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
What Rohr said was that we need a minimum of 4 points against Libya. That would leave us with 7pts with 2 games left (one an almost assured home win vs Seychelles, and the other a tricky away fixture at South Africa).

Personally I think that we need to take all 6pts from Libya and get this thing over with. 6pts from Libya with Seychelles visiting us in November and we are through.
Mystic, thanks for the clarification and I agree with you as to snatching the six points from Libya. That way, we - completely - have our fate in our hands.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I doubt very much if the Libyan coach would be silly enough to say something like that in public.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
How many points did Rohr get from Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia? Common Obong don't allow your dislike of Rohr becloud your ability to see the bigger picture
No matter how much he complains, his oga, clubless Enyeama, is not being invited by Rohr and rightly so.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

I still DONT like the fact that we are playing this match in Kaduna..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

wiseone wrote:I doubt very much if the Libyan coach would be silly enough to say something like that in public.
But some CE members still believe in what's said. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

joao wrote:
wiseone wrote:I doubt very much if the Libyan coach would be silly enough to say something like that in public.
That's what he said verbatim. No joke. I even watched the post match conference in South Africa where he said it word for word and the media people around him were busy laughing. It seems anyone has licence to ridicule Naija.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Adisboy wrote:
joao wrote:
That's what he said verbatim. No joke. I even watched the post match conference in South Africa where he said it word for word and the media people around him were busy laughing. It seems anyone has licence to ridicule Naija.
Not disputing what the man said, but that it's funny some CE members still believe in 'juju' in football.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

joao wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
joao wrote:
Not disputing what the man said, but that it's funny some CE members still believe in 'juju' in football.
What's juju?

Do people believe in prayers?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

nemi2002 wrote:
joao wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
joao wrote:
What's juju?

Do people believe in prayers?
And rainmakers. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "