Senegal forces mighty Madagascar to 2-2 draw........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Senegal forces mighty Madagascar to 2-2 draw........

Post by zee »

Minnows..............................what minnows :scared: :scared: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal forces mighty Madagascar to 2-2 draw........

Post by oloye »

I think the mentality of the foreign based players needs to be questioned. Maybe this weekend results is just one off and I hope I am wrong here. But something ain't right!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Madagascar are minnows, just because Senegal has a poor defense doesn't change that. Look at Egypt, they know how to handle minnows by beating Niger 6-0.

The problem is that their is a HUGE DECLINE in African football. This started with some of the big dogs from west Africa failing to qualify for the World Cup, then no African teams making it out of the group stage, followed by the results you are seeing. Until the FAs open their eyes, this crap will continue.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

TheHitman47 wrote:Madagascar are minnows, just because Senegal has a poor defense doesn't change that. Look at Egypt, they know how to handle minnows by beating Niger 6-0.

The problem is that their is a HUGE DECLINE in African football. This started with some of the big dogs from west Africa failing to qualify for the World Cup, then no African teams making it out of the group stage, followed by the results you are seeing. Until the FAs open their eyes, this crap will continue.
.........that won't stop them from struggling for a result when Niger hosts them.
Senegal, Ghana and Nigeria all had away games.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

zee wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:Madagascar are minnows, just because Senegal has a poor defense doesn't change that. Look at Egypt, they know how to handle minnows by beating Niger 6-0.

.........that won't stop them from struggling for a result when Niger hosts them.
Senegal, Ghana and Nigeria all had away games.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't live in limited history.
There is a new order of footie. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"In Africa, we get constant surprises from countries who only five or six years ago would have been whipping boys."

(South Africa coach Stuart Baxter tells his squad to respect star-less Libya)
Source
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

No opponent turns up to lose no matter who they maybe and I doubt it most of these so called elite African National Teams do any video or scouting research on their next opponents so a surprise is always in store.I assume we Nigeria have learnt their lesson after missing out on recent Afcons.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oloye wrote:I think the mentality of the foreign based players needs to be questioned. Maybe this weekend results is just one off and I hope I am wrong here. But something ain't right!

Did you see that poor excuse for a pitch they played on ?

I have never seen such a disgrace in my life. It was like they were playing football on a barnyard.

There need to be some standards for football for crying out loud. Countries should honestly be stripped of their hosting rights if they cannot provide a playable pitch.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I have been wondering about AFrican qualifying and why it is that in AFrica road matches are tougher for teams than in any other Confederation by far. I have come to the following conclusion as to this. Why do AFricas top sides continue to struggle on the road ?

1. Poor pitches - often away matches are against tiny or poor nations who cannot provide a playable surface, this limits the advantage of technical sides over non technical sides.

2. Poor refereeing - I am sorry but the standard of refs, and more importantly linesmen in CAF is an utter disgrace. More often than not the linesmen will flag offside something that is clearly onside. Ghana were blatantly robbed twice against Kenya when they were put on goal clearly in what was onside. On top of poor officiating I notice that African refs always seem to massively favour the home side, dodgy penalty calls etc.

3. Euro based players - When players who ply their trade in colder europe come to face teams who most of their players play ball in Africa, the advantage physically will be to the AFrican based players. Also Euro based players will be more cautious and not give 100% especially when playing on poor pitches because they do not want to get injured. I cannot blame them. There is no getting beyond this, and NO the solution is not to use homebased players for qualifying. You have to use your best period and you do not use different sets of players for qualifying than you would for the proper tournament.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

vancity eagle wrote:I have been wondering about AFrican qualifying and why it is that in AFrica road matches are tougher for teams than in any other Confederation by far. I have come to the following conclusion as to this. Why do AFricas top sides continue to struggle on the road ?

1. Poor pitches - often away matches are against tiny or poor nations who cannot provide a playable surface, this limits the advantage of technical sides over non technical sides.

2. Poor refereeing - I am sorry but the standard of refs, and more importantly linesmen in CAF is an utter disgrace. More often than not the linesmen will flag offside something that is clearly onside. Ghana were blatantly robbed twice against Kenya when they were put on goal clearly in what was onside. On top of poor officiating I notice that African refs always seem to massively favour the home side, dodgy penalty calls etc.

3. Euro based players - When players who ply their trade in colder europe come to face teams who most of their players play ball in Africa, the advantage physically will be to the AFrican based players. Also Euro based players will be more cautious and not give 100% especially when playing on poor pitches because they do not want to get injured. I cannot blame them. There is no getting beyond this, and NO the solution is not to use homebased players for qualifying. You have to use your best period and you do not use different sets of players for qualifying than you would for the proper tournament.
You have said it all bro! No more to add!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

vancity eagle wrote:I have been wondering about AFrican qualifying and why it is that in AFrica road matches are tougher for teams than in any other Confederation by far. I have come to the following conclusion as to this. Why do AFricas top sides continue to struggle on the road ?

Or could it just be that so called minnows are improving?

Also all those problems you list are to be found in the home of the so called "African top sides".
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Do not be fooled by that Egypt result. Niger were utter bobbins (more like a secondary school team). They made Seychelles look like the great Brazil 1970 World Cup team. Niger's "defending" was tragi-comic. For one of the goals, Salah crossed the ball at ankle height. For some unfathomable reason, a Niger defender tried to head the ball (I kid you not) as it came at his ankle. He mossed the ball and of course, Trezeguet went through on goal 1-1 v the keeper.

Amazing that Salah missed 2 penalties in one game.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wiseone wrote:Do not be fooled by that Egypt result. Niger were utter bobbins (more like a secondary school team). They made Seychelles look like the great Brazil 1970 World Cup team. Niger's "defending" was tragi-comic. For one of the goals, Salah crossed the ball at ankle height. For some unfathomable reason, a Niger defender tried to head the ball (I kid you not) as it came at his ankle. He mossed the ball and of course, Trezeguet went through on goal 1-1 v the keeper.

Amazing that Salah missed 2 penalties in one game.

I no go lie I watched that match and I think that match and I think that was the worst defending I have ever seen I kid you not. If not for poor finishing it could have been 12