Ademola Lookman switches allegiance to Nigeria?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ademola Lookman switches allegiance to Nigeria?

Post by vancity eagle »

The truth is that all of these Anglo Nigerians cannot play a major role with the 3 Lions.

Do people think they will allow 3 Lions to become like France, where it is basically an African team. I highly doubt it. I think they will even prefer black players with English names.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Lookman should just look at Tammy and Zaha - This Southgate again. Lookman should just make up his mind at once -
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

walesvilla wrote:Lookman should just look at Tammy and Zaha - This Southgate again. Lookman should just make up his mind at once -
The England team are all young. It's not like anybody at the WC in his position will be retiring soon. He will always be a player on the fringes with this current England generation.

Players like Alli, Lingard, Rashford, Sterling, are all well ahead of him and will lead the line for the next decade.

Is he even the top dog with their U21 team ?

Even with us he will be guaranteed nothing but the opportunity is much greater to play a significant role.

I hope he realizes this
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:The truth is that all of these Anglo Nigerians cannot play a major role with the 3 Lions.

Do people think they will allow 3 Lions to become like France, where it is basically an African team. I highly doubt it. I think they will even prefer black players with English names.
Of cause not but that won’t stop them from wasting them on qualifiers on separate occasions or putting them in the squad,remember England play more competitive matches with new European Nations League competition.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

England holding onto Ademola Lookman

https://www.metro.news/england-holding- ... n/1223641/

Wanted: Lookman

Published September 12, 2018

ENGLAND are doing all they can to assure Ademola Lookman he has a future with the senior side amid interest from Nigeria, according to Gareth Southgate.

It has been reported Everton youngster Lookman, who played in the Under-21s’ win in Latvia on Tuesday, is in talks with Nigeria over switching his allegiance to the country of his parents birth.

Asked about the situation, England boss Southgate said: ‘I know every country is quite aggressive in their recruiting and I know they’ve always had an interest in him but he’s been in our squads — Under-20s and Under-21s — so in terms of encouragement through game time we’re doing as much as we possibly can.’
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I will see your Dele Alli and raise you our Demola Lookman :clap:

Seriously though, he should choose with his heart. If it is with England, he should stay with England. But if his heart is Nigerian (like Alex Iwobi or Ola Aina) then we will welcome you with open arms.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

charlie wrote:I will see your Dele Alli and raise you our Demola Lookman :clap:

Seriously though, he should choose with his heart. If it is with England, he should stay with England. But if his heart is Nigerian (like Alex Iwobi or Ola Aina) then we will welcome you with open arms.
The truth is that it's not as simple as "where your heart is"

This is a calculated process in terms of career etc. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is. There are risks for making either choice.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

vancity eagle wrote:

This is a calculated process in terms of career etc. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is. There are risks for making either choice.
While I get where you are coming from VE, in my opinion, heart is part of the equation. Playing for Nigeria means showing up for games and training all over Africa, having to deal with bad pitches and stunts like presidents inserting themselves into the line up, and most importantly it means embracing the culture of his teammates and traditions of Nigerian football.

I dont know anything about Demola, maybe some of you guys do. If he was not raised like Iwobi to embrace his roots, If his heart is not Nigerian, no amount of calculations will matter or make him happy if he plays for Nigeria.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

charlie wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

While I get where you are coming from VE, in my opinion, heart is part of the equation. Playing for Nigeria means showing up for games and training all over Africa, having to deal with bad pitches and stunts like presidents inserting themselves into the line up, and most importantly it means embracing the culture of his teammates and traditions of Nigerian football.

I dont know anything about Demola, maybe some of you guys do. If he was not raised like Iwobi to embrace his roots, If his heart is not Nigerian, no amount of calculations will matter or make him happy if he plays for Nigeria.
Please let's pretend that the President stunt never happened,I didn't want to remember Weah like that!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
charlie wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Please let's pretend that the President stunt never happened,I didn't want to remember Weah like that!
It did happen, for about 79 minutes too.. Remember that. :twisted:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

walesvilla wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Useless country that can't produce anything.
please advise the country that produced lookman Father and or granfather??
But didn't produce the player. Again, useless country.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Useless country that can't produce anything.
please advise the country that produced lookman Father and or granfather??
But didn't produce the player. Again, useless country.
Why dont you mind your own country, why dont you leave us that see a great country just move on,
Oya back to the matter
open and close
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

If we were Brazil, Belgium, or even Senegal I for hear. But honestly the likes of Onyekuru, Moses Simon, Simon Kalu etc are not heads and shoulders above Lookman. Lookman is in the Everton team Onyekuru has been loaned out. Let them all come and duke it out, all the better for Naija football. Truth is that we are not producing any top players and the way Iwobi, V Moses, Balogun, Ekong, Ebuehi etc waltzed into the team and showed their class proves this. We have to be some of the most deluded fans out there in my book.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

pajimoh wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
charlie wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

It did happen, for about 79 minutes too.. Remember that. :twisted:
:sad:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Welcome, Ademola.

He is young and talented. I hope it comes to pass.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!