Ademola Lookman switches allegiance to Nigeria?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ademola Lookman switches allegiance to Nigeria?

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
john12 wrote:Based on 4 matches against Corsica, Togo, Algeria and Seychelles. To be fair to him, he didn’t start in 2 of those games and would probably need more time however his agents/intermediaries don’t want us to rest. It took obagoal only 1 game to establish that hype even kale impressed at 1 game

Add Yobo, Udeze, Taye Taiwo, and Ndidi to the list of players that grabbed the one chance they got with both hands.
Add "Hey, you". He grabbed his chance a collected a cap that never appeared in his wildest dreams
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

1naija wrote:Onyekuru has to rank top among the most overhyped Super Eagles players ever! He always is in every SE list eventhough he has not done jack in any of his appearances for Nigeria.
Altered mental status rambling due to excessive comsumption illicit JW. I don't know who was more overhyped than Yobo and George Abbey. I'm sure you may not recall the names George Abbey and Yobo due alcoholic induced amnesia
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bully12 wrote:
1naija wrote:Onyekuru has to rank top among the most overhyped Super Eagles players ever! He always is in every SE list eventhough he has not done jack in any of his appearances for Nigeria.
Altered mental status rambling due to excessive comsumption illicit JW. I don't know who was more overhyped than Yobo and George Abbey. I'm sure you may not recall the names George Abbey and Yobo due alcoholic induced amnesia
1naija don go find trouble for bully12 hand :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

My guy when you’re challenging Experienced players at a team you need to put in superlative performance to be reconsidered. A team like Nigeria that already has established forwards:wingers like iwobi, musa, iheanacho, Simon etc if you want to dethrone them you must perform. A player like nwakaeme wasn’t called after just 1 “ok” performance and based on onyekuru hype, he should had at least scored in one of those 4 games. I believe that he is a player for the future but people must calm down on his hype because he hasn’t set the team ablaze.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

bully12 wrote:

George Abbey remain one of he best Right backs Nigeria ever had. But you wouldn't know because you were too busy ejaculating at the corner back table at Safari and eating stale Nkwobi in between while he was playing.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

bully12 wrote:
:agree: :agree:
Banbully :clap: :clap:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It has been reportedly confirmed here http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/09/11/nf ... er-eagles/

Nigerians have been celebrating rubbish acquired in or from London for a century, this useless boy is no different. He definitely was never ever in the mix for England and he's no better than any of the options we already have. But somehow, because he plays n England mugus are celebrating.
LOL dude for once STFU, I'm not even the type to kiss the behind of any foreign born player that storms the scene, but it will take a different level of idiocy and dishonesty not to appreciate real quality... Ademola has been one of the best young talents out there, the kid is now a sensation in the Bundesliga which he barely joined on loan with a high asking fee on his profile already... without a doubt we have just pulled one of the biggest accomplishments by finally having him declaring for Nigeria. England will either rue their opportunity to poach him on time, or double up their efforts to block his switch.

This mugu obviously lives in London, he can’t see anymore. :laugh:
What would the SE be without Vic Mo, iwobi and even Carl Ikeme in the past 6 years. Why do you people like discriminating among everything?

Lookman is an excellent young player. Dude is only 20 yrs.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Prince wrote:
bully12 wrote:
:agree: :agree:
Banbully :clap: :clap:

:mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry: :mad:

Your 90 days Fiancé' gave you permission to post?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He is a reserve for Everton and I am not sure that he is yet good enough to get in Nigeria's team at this time. The queue of wingers in front of him is long: Simon, Musa, Onyekuru, Kalu, Iwobi...all that said, good to have him onboard if he improves and proves there is more to his game other than being fast.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

Naija always have Alternatives. Why limit ourselves to any player.

Welcome

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr now that wingers is now sorted. Go find us a proper striker. Ighalo is not it.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He played for England U21 today, as did Onomah, Timori, Solanke, and Abraham.

Abraham scored.

I question the wisdom of yelling out loud that Lookman has switched nations. Why not wait until the paper work is finished and he is about to be cap tied.

It seems nothing was learnt from the Abraham debacle. I sense something similar to take place. I mean on the very day that Lookman will suit up and play for England U21 you alert the world that he has switched allegiances ? Honestly that was a dumb move if you ask me.

Be smart and not boastful. Anyways I hope the NFF know what they are doing and are not being taken for a ride.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:He played for England U21 today, as did Onomah, Timori, Solanke, and Abraham.

Abraham scored.

I question the wisdom of yelling out loud that Lookman has switched nations. Why not wait until the paper work is finished and he is about to be cap tied.

It seems nothing was learnt from the Abraham debacle. I sense something similar to take place. I mean on the very day that Lookman will suit up and play for England U21 you alert the world that he has switched allegiances ? Honestly that was a dumb move if you ask me.

Be smart and not boastful. Anyways I hope the NFF know what they are doing and are not being taken for a ride.
You are assuming the story is authentic.
Is it?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:He played for England U21 today, as did Onomah, Timori, Solanke, and Abraham.

Abraham scored.

Is it?

whether it is true or not, I dont see this ending well for Nigeria or Lookman for that matter.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:

Abraham scored.

Is it?
If the story is not authentic then some nefarious agents/journalists could be at work to alert England of the possibility,Lookman is obviously doing something right in the first place in order for such news false or not to come to light.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Aren't these guys tired of playing youth football? Its like a lot of these English Nigerian players have no ambition
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Abraham scored.

Is it?

whether it is true or not, I dont see this ending well for Nigeria or Lookman for that matter.
Agreed, but until proven to be true, nobody is guilty of making a 'dumb move' like you are accusing them of.
Not Lookman, not the NFF and not his agent. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ogasir wrote:Aren't these guys tired of playing youth football? Its like a lot of these English Nigerian players have no ambition
Loookman actually made a bold move to the Bundesliga just to get first team football.
So he is not guilty of your accusation.
Keep up. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Abraham scored.

Is it?
If the story is not authentic then some nefarious agents/journalists could be at work to alert England of the possibility,Lookman is obviously doing something right in the first place in order for such news false or not to come to light.
Pesonally, I think its a fake click bait story.
This is the age of the internet 'journalist'.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Useless country that can't produce anything.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Mr. Piffington wrote:Useless country that can't produce anything.
please advise the country that produced lookman Father and or granfather??
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ogasir wrote:Aren't these guys tired of playing youth football? Its like a lot of these English Nigerian players have no ambition
:rotf: You must understand the power of organisation,they’ve obviously raised these boys to believe they stand a good chance of full international football if they play at youth level you need to remember that they have been trained and nurtured in England and originally had their minds set on playing for them.The only reason why this frustrates you is because you want them to choose Nigeria I also think it make more sense for them if they want to play international football as early as possiblle but if they feel comfortable with what they know then it won’t be an easy decision for them to switch allegiances.
Like I’ve said before Nigeria shouldn’t try to build a team around players that are not guaranteed to even play for them it’s a pick and mix lottery uncertainty isn’t the way forward!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Well it's all over the English media and Southgate himself has responded directly saying they will do all they can to stop Nigeria from getting him. So all those claiming this was "fake news" I don't think so.

The ball is now in Lookmans court. This is why I said the NFF needs to be smarter about these kind of things . They need to do and shut up about it until the process is a done deal.

Well we will soon see if this was just a ploy to get called up by England, which seemed to be the case with Abraham.