Ademola Lookman switches allegiance to Nigeria?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ademola Lookman switches allegiance to Nigeria?

Post by Dammy »

Report making the rounds is that Everton and England U21 international, Ademola Lookman, is about to make a public pronouncement that he is committing his international future to Nigeria.
The news is generating a lot of interest on Nigerian football social media sites.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ademola Lookman switches allegiance to Nigeria?

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:Report making the rounds is that Everton and England U21 international, Ademola Lookman, is about to make a public pronouncement that he is committing his international future to Nigeria.
The news is generating a lot of interest on Nigerian football social media sites.
Not a credible story.
Originated from Naija's Pulse News which was picked up by the Everton mag Royal Blue.
But the Pulse 'exclusive' doesn't say anything you or I couldn't write ourselves and quotes a 'source', nothing more.
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/ad ... 36350.html
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

It would be best if he does, cause I don't see England capping him anytime soon.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Come to Nigeria, Great addition to the team, Iwobi should be talking to this boys
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I'm thinking...S'Moses, Kalu, Onyekuru and now Lukman....all playing the same position?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Damunk wrote:I'm thinking...S'Moses, Kalu, Onyekuru and now Lukman....all playing the same position?
The pool is still small
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:I'm thinking...S'Moses, Kalu, Onyekuru and now Lukman....all playing the same position?
is it possible to convert one of them into a CF?we are producing too many wingers but in a severe dearth of quality strikers
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

If we have a quality coach who knows his onions he can effectively use all of them to achieve excellent results.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It has been reportedly confirmed here http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/09/11/nf ... er-eagles/

Nigerians have been celebrating rubbish acquired in or from London for a century, this useless boy is no different. He definitely was never ever in the mix for England and he's no better than any of the options we already have. But somehow, because he plays n England mugus are celebrating.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The pool is still small
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It has been reportedly confirmed here http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/09/11/nf ... er-eagles/

Nigerians have been celebrating rubbish acquired in or from London for a century, this useless boy is no different. He definitely was never ever in the mix for England and he's no better than any of the options we already have. But somehow, because he plays n England mugus are celebrating.
LOL dude for once STFU, I'm not even the type to kiss the behind of any foreign born player that storms the scene, but it will take a different level of idiocy and dishonesty not to appreciate real quality... Ademola has been one of the best young talents out there, the kid is now a sensation in the Bundesliga which he barely joined on loan with a high asking fee on his profile already... without a doubt we have just pulled one of the biggest accomplishments by finally having him declaring for Nigeria. England will either rue their opportunity to poach him on time, or double up their efforts to block his switch.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It has been reportedly confirmed here http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/09/11/nf ... er-eagles/

LOL dude for once STFU, I'm not even the type to kiss the behind of any foreign born player that storms the scene, but it will take a different level of idiocy and dishonesty not to appreciate real quality... Ademola has been one of the best young talents out there, the kid is now a sensation in the Bundesliga which he barely joined on loan with a high asking fee on his profile already... without a doubt we have just pulled one of the biggest accomplishments by finally having him declaring for Nigeria. England will either rue their opportunity to poach him on time, or double up their efforts to block his switch.

This mugu obviously lives in London, he can’t see anymore. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Prince wrote:
The pool is still small
You're right.
The more we have competing for each position, the higher the benchmark.
If Lookman finds it hard to secure a place in the team, then all things being equal, it means the quality is getting higher.
If only one of Awoniyi, Osimien, Success, Sadiq or any other striker could rise to international level, then we are really talking.

Brings me back to what it was about Yekini that made him such a lethal striker...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289870
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Tobi17 wrote:

Nothing has been confirmed.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Onyekuru has to rank top among the most overhyped Super Eagles players ever! He always is in every SE list eventhough he has not done jack in any of his appearances for Nigeria.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I know what you mean Everton is in Liverpool and the Nigerian football team is not 100 years old yet so....
But yes the story is not credible.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:Onyekuru has to rank top among the most overhyped Super Eagles players ever! He always is in every SE list eventhough he has not done jack in any of his appearances for Nigeria.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

1naija wrote:Onyekuru has to rank top among the most overhyped Super Eagles players ever! He always is in every SE list eventhough he has not done jack in any of his appearances for Nigeria.
Some of us have said it time and time again, but the hypers no go gree make we hia word. It's like they are on the bobo's payroll.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bully no go allow us rest, imagine if Onyekuru actually performed for SE...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Goldleaf wrote:
Some of us have said it time and time again, but the hypers no go gree make we hia word. It's like they are on the bobo's payroll.

and you are basing this opinion on what match ?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Based on 4 matches against Corsica, Togo, Algeria and Seychelles. To be fair to him, he didn’t start in 2 of those games and would probably need more time however his agents/intermediaries don’t want us to rest. It took obagoal only 1 game to establish that hype even kale impressed at 1 game
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Based on 4 matches against Corsica, Togo, Algeria and Seychelles. To be fair to him, he didn’t start in 2 of those games and would probably need more time however his agents/intermediaries don’t want us to rest. It took obagoal only 1 game to establish that hype even kale impressed at 1 game

so which game did you watch ? I am pretty sure you did not watch the Togo match.

I saw highlights of the Corsica match and Onyekuru was easily one of the standout players, testing the goalkeeper on several occasions, same way he looked dangerous on both his short appearances vs Algeria and Seychelles.

You people are not being honest. You are setting different standards for different players. I will not mention how many games Ahmed Musa was absolutely horrible in , yet the coaches kept calling him.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

john12 wrote:Based on 4 matches against Corsica, Togo, Algeria and Seychelles. To be fair to him, he didn’t start in 2 of those games and would probably need more time however his agents/intermediaries don’t want us to rest. It took obagoal only 1 game to establish that hype even kale impressed at 1 game

Add Yobo, Udeze, Taye Taiwo, and Ndidi to the list of players that grabbed the one chance they got with both hands.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.