Liberia (1) vs (2) Nigeria FT (Onyekuru, Nwankwo)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liberia (1) vs (2) Nigeria FT (Onyekuru, Nwankwo)

Post by green4life »

Otitokoro wrote:You often wonder about the rationale behind some of the comments on this forum...CE brothers will complain and whine about everything under the sun!

I fully agree with you. I think honoring Opong Weah was more important than having a grade A friendly, especially when we had just played a competitive match.
I have had a chance to watch the Liberia game again and I thought it was a good run out for our boys, especially those fringe players. The objective was to give everyone on the squad some minutes and Rohr was successful in accomplishing that mission. Not only that, the Liberians were pleased that we came with a very competitive squad to honor George Weah and even he was appreciative of that. I am sure he wouldn't have had it any other way.

All in all, a very good gesture on the part of our NFF and a good workout for our boys, especially the fringe players.
Cally wrote:I personally don't see anything so wrong with this. It was another opportunity for the players to spend time together, and play together. Granted, the opposition wasn't ideal, but I daresay that this is better than not coming together at all. I commend the honor done to George Weah, who is an African icon and legend.
+1 :agree:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

green4life wrote:
Cally wrote:I personally don't see anything so wrong with this. It was another opportunity for the players to spend time together, and play together. Granted, the opposition wasn't ideal, but I daresay that this is better than not coming together at all. I commend the honor done to George Weah, who is an African icon and legend.
Abeg, don’t mind them. It’s not like NFF didn’t schedule a friendly. They did but Saudi pulled out pretty much at the last minute. Liberia was not an ideal opponent with 2 fifty year olds starting but on the positive, it gave coach opportunity to take a closer look at onyekuru, Nwakali and other fringe players. Something is always better than nothing. Kudos to our boys once again for their service. Days like today remind one another example of what patriotism looks like.
Spot on. What better ways to evaluate our players than a game against 50+ year olds with protruding bellies. Next friendly should be against Obasanjo, Senator Adeleke & friends!
Last edited by Ekorian on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ekorian wrote:
green4life wrote:
Abeg, don’t mind them. It’s not like NFF didn’t schedule a friendly. They did but Saudi pulled out pretty much at the last minute. Liberia was not an ideal opponent with 2 fifty year olds starting but on the positive, it gave coach opportunity to take a closer look at onyekuru, Nwakali and other fringe players. Something is always better than nothing. Kudos to our boys once again for their service. Days like today remind one another example of what patriotism looks like.
Spot on. What better way to evaluate our players than a game against 50+ year olds with protruding bellies. Next friendly should be against Obasanjo, Senator Adeleke & friends!
:rotf: :drool: :mrgreen:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I'm not surprised that Ayo is quiet. Nwakili did nothing of note in a game that involved opponents fielding 2 players past their prime. (Short 2).
Now if Rohr doesn't invite him for the matches against Libya next month, Ayo will not allow us to rest on CE with his 10 pointers on why Nwakili should've been invited.
I am happy