Liberia (1) vs (2) Nigeria FT (Onyekuru, Nwankwo)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liberia (1) vs (2) Nigeria FT (Onyekuru, Nwankwo)

Post by maceo4 »

Mods block bully from this post abeg lol

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kai that was a wicked goal from Onyekuru.

Where are all those to tell us he hasn't impressed.

The guy definitely has an eye for goal. O would take him as a striker over either Ighalo or Iheanacho at this point. He offers much more and is direct.

A different type of player to Kalu. Kalu is more of a creator and play maker even an old fashioned winner, while Onyekuru is like a striker.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

vancity eagle wrote:Kai that was a wicked goal from Onyekuru.

The guy definitely has an eye for goal. O would take him as a striker over either Ighalo or Iheanacho at this point. He offers much more and is direct.

A different type of player to Kalu. Kalu is more of a creator and play maker even an old fashioned winner, while Onyekuru is like a striker.

Those clowns claiming onyekuru has not impressed are super DAFT, simple and plain. Onyekuru scores when he wants jare
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Okay that Onyekuru goal was SUPERB happy he finally got his debut goal. :clap:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:Okay that Onyekuru goal was SUPERB happy he finally got his debut goal. :clap:
I don't know if it counts though. This wasn't even an official friendly, 52 year old George Weah and all. More than 6 subs were made apparently.

But at least we know what he can do, and for those claiming otherwise they can go and hug a transformer.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Okay that Onyekuru goal was SUPERB happy he finally got his debut goal. :clap:
I don't know if it counts though. This wasn't even an official friendly, 52 year old George Weah and all. More than 6 subs were made apparently.

But at least we know what he can do, and for those claiming otherwise they can go and hug a transformer.
I checked his Wikipedia page and the goal seemed to have been updated, the "friendly" was very awkward though.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

9jaMan wrote:

Those clowns claiming onyekuru has not impressed are super DAFT, simple and plain. Onyekuru scores when he wants jare
Against 50 year olds though? :mrgreen: :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Was George Weah in goal or defending ?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

You dey mind Maceo... Always finding ways to denigrate Onyekuru, besides Weah and Jebah I couldn't see any other 50 year olds on the field.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

There is no shadow of doubt Onyekuru is the best player that has emerged from Nigeria for the past 10-15years , He is absolutely a phenomenal player with all the attributes to compete for world player of year. The thing I like about him most is the uttermost zeal and hunger in him to be the best he can be. He is not copacetic with the little achievement or all the accolades heaped on him. I see him through the prism with Mohammed Salah and Drogba . Players that believe in assiduousness not ephemeral satisfaction for the little they have accomplished . Kelechi Ihenacho is a typical example of such players never serious, lacks hunger and I may add lazy.
Before long I will be proven absolutely right as long as he does not sustain a major injury that will impede his progress. All you detractors will soon be disgraced and be ready to consume your shameful pie.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

By saying that onyekuru is the best Se player to emerge in the last 15 years is implying that he is better than the LEGEND Musa and this is the kind of arrogant statement that get people upset. When musa was onyekuru age, he was going to toe with Ronaldo at CL. We should promote all our boys but don’t overhype them and there’s nothing anyone will tell me that I will say onyekuru is better than Musa. Musa is the greatest SE player to emerge in my lifetime
naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Re: Liberia vs Nigeria

Post by naijaguy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
naijaguy wrote:Match is today 7pm Naija time

18 SUPER EAGLES FOR LIBERIA
Ezenwa; Akpeyi.
Semi Ajayi; Awaziem; Adeleye Olamilekan; Jamilu Collins; Ebube Duru.
Ndidi; Etebo; Ogu; Nwakali; Joel Obi.
Iheanacho; Simeon Nwankwo; Onyekuru; Sunday Adetunji; Samuel Kalu; Mfon Udoh.
My thoughts on some of the invitees:

Semi Ajayi
A 25 year old who has never progressed beyond 2nd tier football isn’t the type of player we ought to be looking at :!:

Adeleye Olamilekan
His Facebook profile says he’s from Ghana :?: :?: :?:

Jamilu Collins
A 24 year old in the German 3rd division, relegated from the 2nd? Wrong direction :!:

Ebube Duru
Couldn’t find a credible profile on him. The only profile on him by Flashscore says he was born on 12/31/69, making him 48 years old. Hmmmn... :mrgreen:

Sunday Adetunji
Age 20. The selection committee got this one exactly right :!:

Mfon Udoh
Has had an arguably stellar, home-based career but he’s 26. We should be looking at younger players. Whatever happened to Junior Lokosa? This friendly would have been ideal for him :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
The last time I checked Paderborn is in German 2nd division which is far stronger than some European top flight leagues
When did you become an authority on European football? Paderbon played in 3. Liga last season. They just gained promotion to bundesliga 2 :!:

Cheers.
Lol.. Now you know they just got promoted? Was he invited while playing in the league 3?.
Accept your mistake and move on, chief.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:By saying that onyekuru is the best Se player to emerge in the last 15 years is implying that he is better than the LEGEND Musa and this is the kind of arrogant statement that get people upset. When musa was onyekuru age, he was going to toe with Ronaldo at CL. We should promote all our boys but don’t overhype them and there’s nothing anyone will tell me that I will say onyekuru is better than Musa. Musa is the greatest SE player to emerge in my lifetime

You tell Bully to stop hyping Onyekuru then you go on to overhype Musa.

Musa is nowhere near being the best Nigerian player in the last 15 years.

Mikel, Moses, Ndidi, are all easily ahead of him. Iwobi is better than Musa, although a different type of player. I would say Ike Uche in his prime was far better than Musa, as was Odemwingie in my opinion.

Musa is enjoying somewhat of a revival or a reinvention, but frankly Onyekuru has not been given an honest chance like Musa has been given, and I would bet that if Onyekuru was played as much as Musa, that he would be just as good if not better than Musa. He is a much more techincal player. Musa is much more limited and one dimensional but he is in good form right now, but you need to stop hyping him. With all the talents we have right now he is easily disposable from the starting lineup.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

You dey mind Maceo... Always finding ways to denigrate Onyekuru, besides Weah and Jebah I couldn't see any other 50 year olds on the field.
Y’all wound up too tight, but hopefully there are more 50 year olds in the future for Henry to embarrass in GWG :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Good goal by Onyekuru. I am excited by the prospect of Kalu, Onyekuru, Success and Sarenren-Bazee adding firepower to the SE attack. I expect a quicker transition from defence to attack with these players.
I am happy
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T FIND THIS CHARADE FUNNY? OUR PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS LEFT EVERYTHING BEHIND AND FLEW THOUSANDS OF MILES JUST TO PARTICIPATE IN SOME UNKNOWN NOVELTY GAME? ARE WE EFFING SERIOUS?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ekorian wrote:AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T FIND THIS CHARADE FUNNY? OUR PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS LEFT EVERYTHING BEHIND AND FLEW THOUSANDS OF MILES JUST TO PARTICIPATE IN SOME UNKNOWN NOVELTY GAME? ARE WE EFFING SERIOUS?
Ol boy, leave that one but don't ever lose your sense of what is right. Dem go attack you here for voicing your thoughts.
Weah became president and they decided to go all out to retire his number and guess who had to ty and recapture his youth, yep -the pesident.

I was trying to imagine a situation where something like this would happen in the US, UK, France, Germany or in Saudi Arabia.....

I'm sue the players where either not told or they bowed to the powers that be.

To use our strongest squad as if we are playing a competitive match is just wrong. The Liberians use ex internationals as part of their squad and e came with full internationals? Something is amiss somewhere

Fo the sake of my peace, I was never going to argue with anyone about the rights or wrong---- I just took it as "comedy hour" and enjoyed myself :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
Ekorian wrote:AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T FIND THIS CHARADE FUNNY? OUR PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS LEFT EVERYTHING BEHIND AND FLEW THOUSANDS OF MILES JUST TO PARTICIPATE IN SOME UNKNOWN NOVELTY GAME? ARE WE EFFING SERIOUS?
Ol boy, leave that one but don't ever lose your sense of what is right. Dem go attack you here for voicing your thoughts.
Weah became president and they decided to go all out to retire his number and guess who had to ty and recapture his youth, yep -the pesident.

I was trying to imagine a situation where something like this would happen in the US, UK, France, Germany or in Saudi Arabia.....

I'm sue the players where either not told or they bowed to the powers that be.

To use our strongest squad as if we are playing a competitive match is just wrong. The Liberians use ex internationals as part of their squad and e came with full internationals? Something is amiss somewhere

Fo the sake of my peace, I was never going to argue with anyone about the rights or wrong---- I just took it as "comedy hour" and enjoyed myself :D
In as much as I totlly agree with your sentiment, don't be surprised that there was some grand Liberian deception going on and even we were caught on the wrong foot.
Nor be only Nigerians dey do 4-one-9.

'Retiring' a jersey does not in itself require retired players on the pitch in a novelty match.
The impression could have been given that Weah would do a 5-minute appearance, kick off the match and retire to the state box to watch.
I am not entirely sure we were fully aware of the full plan as it played out like we are all assuming.

I really can't see why Pinnick would want to incur the backlash of our anger by knowingly going along with this stupid 4-one-9 plan.
Is he stupid? No.
Is he mad? Unlikely

Why would this therefore have been the secret plan all along?
If however it turns out it was, then heads need to roll.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
In as much as I totlly agree with your sentiment, don't be surprised that there was some grand Liberian deception going on and even we were caught on the wrong foot.
Nor be only Nigerians dey do 4-one-9.

'Retiring' a jersey does not in itself require retired players on the pitch in a novelty match.
The impression could have been given that Weah would do a 5-minute appearance, kick off the match and retire to the state box to watch.
I am not entirely sure we were fully aware of the full plan as it played out like we are all assuming.

I really can't see why Pinnick would want to incur the backlash of our anger by knowingly going along with this stupid 4-one-9 plan.
Is he stupid? No.
Is he mad? Unlikely

Why would this therefore have been the secret plan all along?
If however it turns out it was, then heads need to roll.
Why always making excuses for Pinnick? We know the head that needs to roll, but let's keep quiet and keep accepting mediocrity.

We have come to accept that standards have been lowered for Pinnick and his administration, since they are doing us a favour, considering how 'bad' (AFCON champions and WC 2nd Round) Naija football was when he came into power.

Lest we forget, when Keshi was playing the so-called meaningless friendlies, he was called names, this one takes the biscuit.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Apparently Fifa did not award us any points for the match as it wasn't considered a standard friendly match. I just feel bad for the players who flew several miles to put up with this $#%-show... granted the Saudi Arabia friendly did not pull through, so nobody in the Nff could come up with a more serious friendly match even if it were some small country somewhere in Africa or Europe? Heck even countries likes Ivory coast and Ghana were idle in the FIFA friendly windows and would have been approached... a perfect chance to fully access our upcoming players just frittered away on some joke of a novelty match, I respect Weah as a legend but on this one? nah... if he wanted a novelty match so badly he could have easily organized a match for African ex international stars where the likes of Kanu, JJ, Abedi Pele, Etoo etc could grace... this was really disrespectful to our boys to be honest, Pinnick had better come up with a plausible explanation for this nonsense.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I am glad a lot people feel the same way I feel about this “friendly” I feel sorry for our players that will require another games in GWG to prove their quality
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The Director of Communications, Nigeria Football Federation, Ademola Olajire, said on Wednesday in Lagos that the football icon spoke after the Tuesday night’s exhibition match between the Lone Star and Super Eagles at the Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Complex in Monrovia.

“As a young, upcoming footballer, I was always fascinated by Nigeria’s football stars. I looked up to the likes of Stephen Keshi, Rashidi Yekini, Friday Ekpo and others.

“I believed that the African footballer can also get to the very top. I believe that in Africa, somewhere, there is another Ballon D’Or winner.

“We have to find him, expose him to the world and give him the opportunity to actualise his dream,” a statement by Olajire quoted Weah, African, European and World Footballer of the Year in 1995 as saying.

Weah commended the Federal Government, Nigeria Football Federation and the Super Eagles for the honour done to him on the occasion which was to celebrate his contributions to Liberian football.
https://punchng.com/nigerian-football-a ... dent-weah/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I personally don't see anything so wrong with this. It was another opportunity for the players to spend time together, and play together. Granted, the opposition wasn't ideal, but I daresay that this is better than not coming together at all. I commend the honor done to George Weah, who is an African icon and legend.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."