Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 133
Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56572
Uzoho
Aina, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel
Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru

We need a target manager

I hope Nwankwo can emerge. Rohr should have called up Awoniyi for Liberia.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7985
Uzoho
Balogun Ekong Omeruo
Aina Ndidi Mikel Onazi Amuzie
Iheanacho Simy

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3316
Adisboy wrote:
Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.


I take it you have seen Collins play in the GWG to suggest he starts against Libya?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3316
ohenhen1 wrote:
Uzoho
Aina, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel
Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru

We need a target manager

I hope Nwankwo can emerge. Rohr should have called up Awoniyi for Liberia.


Who would come off the bench to inject life into the attack if all the players in your suggested lineup started?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10410
Except that we have no idea which players will be fit, injured, or turn down a call up. Hence line-ups are premature.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56572
Flex Swift wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Uzoho
Aina, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel
Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru

We need a target manager

I hope Nwankwo can emerge. Rohr should have called up Awoniyi for Liberia.


Who would come off the bench to inject life into the attack if all the players in your suggested lineup started?


Iheanacho
S Moses
ETebo
Awoniyi
Success
Lokossa
Nwakili

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 1199
Isaac Success if fit, definitely has to be called up for the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 133
Flex Swift wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.


I take it you have seen Collins play in the GWG to suggest he starts against Libya?


I included him because he is the only natural left back available. I also feel the use of a centre forward to hold up play is overated. Liverpool don't have a hold up striker and they are difficult to shut out. I believe a front three of Kalu, Musa and Onyekuru can be our equivalent. With back up from Success, Simon and Kayode.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3316
Adisboy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.


I take it you have seen Collins play in the GWG to suggest he starts against Libya?


I included him because he is the only natural left back available. I also feel the use of a centre forward to hold up play is overated. Liverpool don't have a hold up striker and they are difficult to shut out. I believe a front three of Kalu, Musa and Onyekuru can be our equivalent. With back up from Success, Simon and Kayode.


We play Liberia in a friendly this week and would be the perfect opportunity to test the front 3 attacker along with Collins and Ajayi. The coach needs to look at several options


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15589
Flex Swift wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.


I take it you have seen Collins play in the GWG to suggest he starts against Libya?


I included him because he is the only natural left back available. I also feel the use of a centre forward to hold up play is overated. Liverpool don't have a hold up striker and they are difficult to shut out. I believe a front three of Kalu, Musa and Onyekuru can be our equivalent. With back up from Success, Simon and Kayode.


We play Liberia in a friendly this week and would be the perfect opportunity to test the front 3 attacker along with Collins and Ajayi. The coach needs to look at several options


We have a front 3 already.

1, Musa get's a spot on the wings for sure . No question whasoever
2, Iwobi/Simon Moses will claim the other spot when healthy
3, One of Nacho/Ighalo/Simi gets the striker position.

Onyekuru and Samuel will have to do better than their competition to get a starting spot in the future. Unless and until that happens we're done with the era of watching youtube and picking players. We're nnot playing Musa as a striker just because somebody thinks he should be. In Rorh we trust. :thumb:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 3179
Whats the logic of still playing Mikel sef at this point in his career. Nigeria have so many budding DM and CM talent, what we need are strikers. The SE seems more balanced and pacy often when Mikel is not on the field.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20690
Location: Ukwuani
wiseone wrote:
Except that we have no idea which players will be fit, injured, or turn down a call up. Hence line-ups are premature.

... and hence the thread starter said "hopefully if everyone is fit."

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15589
oscar52 wrote:
Whats the logic of still playing Mikel sef at this point in his career. Nigeria have so many budding DM and CM talent, what we need are strikers. The SE seems more balanced and pacy often when Mikel is not on the field.


The last time Mikel didn't play in a competitive game we lost 2 kondo to South Africa.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3316
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.


I take it you have seen Collins play in the GWG to suggest he starts against Libya?


I included him because he is the only natural left back available. I also feel the use of a centre forward to hold up play is overated. Liverpool don't have a hold up striker and they are difficult to shut out. I believe a front three of Kalu, Musa and Onyekuru can be our equivalent. With back up from Success, Simon and Kayode.


We play Liberia in a friendly this week and would be the perfect opportunity to test the front 3 attacker along with Collins and Ajayi. The coach needs to look at several options


We have a front 3 already.

1, Musa get's a spot on the wings for sure . No question whasoever
2, Iwobi/Simon Moses will claim the other spot when healthy
3, One of Nacho/Ighalo/Simi gets the striker position.

Onyekuru and Samuel will have to do better than their competition to get a starting spot in the future. Unless and until that happens we're done with the era of watching youtube and picking players. We're nnot playing Musa as a striker just because somebody thinks he should be. In Rorh we trust. :thumb:


There is nothing wrong in testing players during the friendly against Liberia. That would mean selecting player based on performance in GWG rather as you mentioned YouTube.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44825
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Whats the logic of still playing Mikel sef at this point in his career. Nigeria have so many budding DM and CM talent, what we need are strikers. The SE seems more balanced and pacy often when Mikel is not on the field.


The last time Mikel didn't play in a competitive game we lost 2 kondo to South Africa.



The game against Seychelles counts as a "competitive" game too :taunt:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13288
Adisboy wrote:
Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.



actually this is a pretty good lineup but I would prefer Idowu over Collins, unless Collins displays that he is so much better in training.

If the 3 forwards up top does not work then I will bring in Ighalo or Nwankwo

IMO Iheanacho has been crap for Nigeria in the past year, other than the Argentina friendly. But he has been useless for a while and he needs to sit on the bench. Guy couldn't even distinguish himself against Seychelles. He did nothing all game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15589
vancity eagle wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.


:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

actually this is a pretty good lineup but I would prefer Idowu over Collins, unless Collins displays that he is so much better in training.

If the 3 forwards up top does not work then I will bring in Ighalo or Nwankwo

IMO Iheanacho has been crap for Nigeria in the past year, other than the Argentina friendly. But he has been useless for a while and he needs to sit on the bench. Guy couldn't even distinguish himself against Seychelles. He did nothing all game.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2373
vancity eagle wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.



actually this is a pretty good lineup but I would prefer Idowu over Collins, unless Collins displays that he is so much better in training.

If the 3 forwards up top does not work then I will bring in Ighalo or Nwankwo

IMO Iheanacho has been crap for Nigeria in the past year, other than the Argentina friendly. But he has been useless for a while and he needs to sit on the bench. Guy couldn't even distinguish himself against Seychelles. He did nothing all game.[/quote]

maybe if you played him as a striker and removed the ineffective player in front of him......

this guy was doing well and the SE moving forward and playing good football until Ighalo returned to the fray and that's when SE gradually digressed

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EMBEDDED, Google [Bot], ikeo, joao, Waffiman and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group