Croatia losing 0-6 ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Croatia losing 0-5 ...

Post by wale1974 »

pajimoh wrote:
JACKAL wrote:This should put our world cup performance into perspective....

Swwitzerland 6- iceland 0
Belgium 3 - Iceland 0
Spain 6- Croatia - 0
so you want to take friendly over wc? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I'm sure Spain would rather win a friendly by 6 goals than reach a wc final
:roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Croatia losing 0-6 ...

Post by wale1974 »

mcal wrote:...world cup burn out. I see this nations league becoming uninterested something like europa and some tea cup matches around :laugh:
Belgium and France :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:i have said it on here that they are not that good, but our LEARNER coach likes to recite the club names of opposing players.

There were 3 class sides in this World Cup. Brazil, France and Beldium.

We had the tools to be a dangerous side in the hands of a coach that was not a liability to the team.

Croatia is an OK side, a competent and experienced side. Nothing more.

France in the finals showed that Croatia can be beaten by 4 or 5 goals by the top sides (for the GK gift) and Spain confirmed it today.
It's never been about how good you can be but how good you are during the tournament. If a very good side did not peak for a tournament then they'll fall by the way. We often expect good teams to produce their best at tournaments and in every game. Sorry it's not like that.
We're saying the same thing. They are an OK side, but had leaders (at least on the pitch) that decided they were going to get the most out of what was available, come crunch time.

Our own LEARNER was telling us it was Summer School.
Last edited by truetalk on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

truetalk wrote:i have said it on here that they are not that good, but our LEARNER coach likes to recite the club names of opposing players.

We had the tools to be a dangerous side in the hands of a coach that was not a liability to the team.

France in the finals showed that Croatia can be beaten by 4 or 5 goals by the top sides (for the GK gift) and Spain confirmed it today.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You typed this with a straight face?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wale1974 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
JACKAL wrote:This should put our world cup performance into perspective....

Swwitzerland 6- iceland 0
Belgium 3 - Iceland 0
Spain 6- Croatia - 0
so you want to take friendly over wc? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I'm sure Spain would rather win a friendly by 6 goals than reach a wc final
:roll: :roll: :roll:
sarcasm ol boy :biggrin:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

This is not your regular old boring Tiki Taka Spain..............They were actually moving the ball forward with purpose.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wale1974 wrote:This is not your regular old boring Tiki Taka Spain..............They were actually moving the ball forward with purpose.
Solo was trying to ridicule SE because the teams in our group suffered heavy defeats in friendly matches. I was tying to tell him, Spain would have preferred to go as far as Croatia than win a friendly by 6-0
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

wale1974 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You typed this with a straight face?
At least I was not on R&R a few minutes ago making bold pronouncements about Lagos politics with no information about what is actually happening on ground.

So yes, I get the facts, analyse them, and then give my opinion.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote:6-0 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spain can be very, very wicked
I watched the game briefly and after the fourth goal, I hissed and left.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

BTW this 6-0 is the worst defeat Croatia have suffered in their history as a nation.

Wha choo looking at?!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

pajimoh wrote:
wale1974 wrote:This is not your regular old boring Tiki Taka Spain..............They were actually moving the ball forward with purpose.
Solo was trying to ridicule SE because the teams in our group suffered heavy defeats in friendly matches. I was tying to tell him, Spain would have preferred to go as far as Croatia than win a friendly by 6-0
Nice Guy

Explaining Sarcasm.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Just goes to confirm how much Florentino Perez and Lopategui sabotaged Spain's world cup
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

truetalk wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

At least I was not on R&R a few minutes ago making bold pronouncements about Lagos politics with no information about what is actually happening on ground.

So yes, I get the facts, analyse them, and then give my opinion.
Are you sure :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:BTW this 6-0 is the worst defeat Croatia have suffered in their history as a nation.
Regardless of their WC achievements they are still not on the same level as the Spain's and France's of this world esp. with their aging stars.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wale1974 wrote:
oloye wrote:And where was Spain during the world cup? Oops I forgot they were waiting for a friendly to hand Croatia a beat down :lol: :lol: Una funny for CE
Haba Uncle Oloye.......................League of Nations is not a friendly o :laugh:
Glorified friendly my friend :lol: ..glorified friendly.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chai my people are really funny.Spain that was lucky to even win a match in this world cup?

I see people now blaming Spain coach for costing them this world cup :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Croatia would have beat this Spain in world cup.African teams always have issues at world cup but no one used that to back us at world stage.How many leaders will play a game with their papa kidnap?I said it the German coach cost Africa their first ever world cup along with fifa.No way France will beat this SE if laye Keshi was incharge,no way.Who can play a good game like Mikel with his papa in the hands of thugs?

I doubt spain can beat SE 6-0. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: SE will beat this Spain team silly with their style of approach.Did guys forget the Morocco game so soon?Poor officiating in that game.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kajifu wrote:SE will beat this Spain team silly with their style of approach.Did guys forget the Morocco game so soon?
Are you alright?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The YeyeMan wrote:
kajifu wrote:SE will beat this Spain team silly with their style of approach.Did guys forget the Morocco game so soon?
Are you alright?
Kajifu in all his glory. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cito wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Are you alright?
Kajifu in all his glory. :D
SE will crush Croatia, SE will crush Argentina :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

A team that has Modric, mandzukic, rakitic, rebric,Kramaric perisic all 6 Absolute World class players can never ever be just an average side. Never! I actually watch these guys play week in and out for world class teams and if you describe them as just an Ok side then what will you call our backwater league players? Perhaps, WORLDCLASS?? This game was properly irrelevant and Croatia main players (if they played) were unmotivated because there’s no way this Spain team will beat Croatia. People here find it difficult accepting reality and do want to accept that we lost to a better team
Last edited by john12 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Instead of us accepting defeat and learning from that World Cup experience we’re busy blaming rohr. We should encourage our boys to motivate themselves and improve tremendously so that World class teams like man utd, juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund, man city etc will sign them or even traditional big teams like inter, AC Milan, Arsenal, Liverpool etc then our expectations can be high. But when our top strikers is at a backwater league (China) (Saudi) or too midfielders are at backwater (China) championship etc you better humble yourself and limit expectations or just live in a delusional world. It’s either agents, coaches are discriminating against SE players or our boys are just average/below average but if their clubsides dosent change in another 4 years then we’re just wasting time
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:A team that has Modric, mandzukic, rakitic, rebric,Kramaric perisic all 6 Absolute World class players can never ever be just an average side. Never! I actually watch these guys play week in and out for world class teams and if you describe them as just an Ok side then what will you call our backwater league players? Perhaps, WORLDCLASS?? This game was properly irrelevant and Croatia main players (if they played) were unmotivated because there’s no way this Spain team will beat Croatia. People here find it difficult accepting reality and do want to accept that we lost to a better team
So why did they struggle to qualify for the World Cup? Show us their track record before their World Cup fairy tale run. Spain is unbeaten in regulation for 26 matches and counting. Croatia is NOT in the same league.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Croatia was definitely better than Spain at that WORLD CUP. The only team that’s was better than Croatia at that World Cup was France, Brazil and maybe Belgium but Croatia was better than the rest hands down. I believe that their Wcq had no effect on their actual World cup