See how Harry Redknap described Kanu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
See how Harry Redknap described Kanu

Post by highbury »

Quite funny... How he described our legend. It also gave us a glimpse as to how they(Arsenal) thought of Kanu in the latter stages of his career.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: See how Harry Redknap described Kanu

Post by maceo4 »

Kai, quite funny :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Keeps playing even though he can barely move afterwards, I remember his running gate at Portsmouth was like an old geriatric but he was still able to kill you with exquisite skill.

One of the games he mentioned:

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

kanu I doubt played into his forties. He played at 6'5, hence was/is a big man and thats a lot of weight on the joints. He was status post major heart surgery as well.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The king!
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

So your team mates can be a sabo, a Judas on you.. But When God wants to uplift you, no stopping him.. That season, Kanu had an unbelievable season and Redknapp won the only trophy in his coaching career..
afc##
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ANC wrote:kanu I doubt played into his forties. He played at 6'5, hence was/is a big man and thats a lot of weight on the joints. He was status post major heart surgery as well.
You are right. I schooled in Owerri during the period Kanu was in secondary school and i was 3 years ahead of him in class. I even witness his early matches for Iwuanyanwu National in 1992 and trust me he was a kid then. Kanu could not have been born before 1973.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote:
ANC wrote:kanu I doubt played into his forties. He played at 6'5, hence was/is a big man and thats a lot of weight on the joints. He was status post major heart surgery as well.
You are right. I schooled in Owerri during the period Kanu was in secondary school and i was 3 years ahead of him in class. I even witness his early matches for Iwuanyanwu National in 1992 and trust me he was a kid then. Kanu could not have been born before 1973.
You know our people nah.
Everybody is 'overage'.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote:Quite funny... How he described our legend. It also gave us a glimpse as to how they(Arsenal) thought of Kanu in the latter stages of his career.

Hilarious! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Adisboy wrote:
He wasn't even a regular at Iwuanyanwu until the U-17 WC. He was definitely an exciting prospect. If he was as old as they claim he would have been playing week in, week out in 1992.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KING KANU!!! :clap: :clap:

As for his age, whatever it is, i doff my hat that he was able to play well into his 40's if he was really overaged. He had to be a super human to be able to get up and run with these kids and still produce. If any of you clowns think it is easy, i dare you to go out and run just one lap around any regulation sized pitch and see if you wont need an ambulance to get off the pitch.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:Kai, quite funny :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Keeps playing even though he can barely move afterwards, I remember his running gate at Portsmouth was like an old geriatric but he was still able to kill you with exquisite skill.

One of the games he mentioned:

[/video]

A 48 year old :clap: :clap:

Ps. Whatever happened to Benjani? Kai Portsmouth was African united at one point!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

niyi wrote:The king!

Kanu is the one and only Oga King Igwe!

Oga Sir!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Kanu, the most successful Nigerian footballer on record.
It's only jealousy that prompts people to keep bringing up his age issue,
years after he had quit playing.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Every time that retard Tony Adams opens his mouth,it is to spew rubbish I wonder how he felt when Kanu was scoring those goals
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Adisboy wrote:
I was about to say the same thing. I saw Kanu play against my secondary school back in 1991 and he was I believe in SS2 or SS3 then. I also saw him play some scrimmage pickup game with Chiedu Chukwueke , of the Ecuador 95 team, near my house.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

highbury wrote:Quite funny... How he described our legend. It also gave us a glimpse as to how they(Arsenal) thought of Kanu in the latter stages of his career.

But this video is quite funny. It had me laughing at work.
Kanu is and will always be great even if he was 90.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Tony Adams talked a lot but barely walked the talk....good defender but that was it. Remember Kanu scoring the hat trick against Chelsea and we at the club thought that he was going to start the next game but he was benched....that took a hit on his trust towards Wenger.....

Then after the looks and treatment he got after missing a penalty against florentina.....his career at Arsenal was over. Mainly due to certain characters in the squad.....am sure he has better stories to tell.

On the other hand...Wenger (not Arsenal) supported him when he started the heart foundation. He felt a little guilty the way the guy was treated....but hey...he is still the King, lovable guy
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Oh my goodness!!! Way too fuuny.

Kai! Kanuuuuuu!!!

Meanwhile, this Tony Adams sha...evil dude.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Cito wrote:

I always knew the dude was quite young when he played U-17 for Nigeria. I watched him play for Iwuanyanwu against Rangers at Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium, and he was by far the youngest and the best player on parade.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

oloye wrote:Every time that retard Tony Adams opens his mouth,it is to spew rubbish I wonder how he felt when Kanu was scoring those goals
His stomach must have been turning and twisting like his wretched face. His evil heart has followed him all over the place, making him unsuccessful everywhere.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cally wrote:
oloye wrote:Every time that retard Tony Adams opens his mouth,it is to spew rubbish I wonder how he felt when Kanu was scoring those goals
His stomach must have been turning and twisting like his wretched face. His evil heart has followed him all over the place, making him unsuccessful everywhere.
He is a racist never like him even when he was playing for beloved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cally wrote:
Cito wrote:

I always knew the dude was quite young when he played U-17 for Nigeria. I watched him play for Iwuanyanwu against Rangers at Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium, and he was by far the youngest and the best player on parade.

one of the things about Wenger that pained me most is that he didn't recruit Okocha and help him realize his great potential. It would have been a win-win situation for everyone. Ditto Yak, when we were struggling post-Henry.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:
Cito wrote:

one of the things about Wenger that pained me most is that he didn't recruit Okocha and help him realize his great potential. It would have been a win-win situation for everyone. Ditto Yak, when we were struggling post-Henry.
Which Yak?Why not Martin that was on fire?Wenger let so many good players go,how we did not recruit Yaya Toure that trained with us after his brother is playing for us....
The one that pained me is when Deco call Wenger in 2004 to sign him and wenger allow Barca get him from Porto saying we have Fabregas as if both cant play together.Dani Alves also went to Barca when Sevilla president wanted Wenger to sign him in part of exchange for that kid from Brazil Denilson I think was the name