TBL: TOT 0 v 2 LIV

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: TBL: TOT 0 v 2 LIV

Post by balo »

pajimoh wrote:
balo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
balo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
okidoki wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Perception. No rest, no pre season for our wc stars. It's bound to tell sooner or later
I think, that is the case with everyone. :???:
Which everyone? :rotf: :rotf: 9 Spurs players were involved to the end 3rd place playoff and final. Name any othe EPL that came close with at least 5?

Chelsea.

Kante
Giroud
Cahill
Loftus-Cheek
Hazard
Courtois
Batshuayi
+ Kovacic
Cahil Loftus bottoms squad member. How many hours on the pitch? Bats same. Stop trying to list as many players. You know the main stay of teams. Isn't Kova.a new buy?

Kova = There is a reason I put the + beside his name. But he was on the bench in the final game of WC and had no preseason.

Same for RLC, Cahill and Batsman. They had no preseason and were involved in the 3rd place match.

Having no preseason/being involved in the last games of WC were the thrusts of your post.

Apart from Kante, you could see how late some of the rest got their starting positions back. And some like RLC and Cahill simply have no chance.

And by the way, Willian was almost as late returning as some of those who played in the 3rd place match.
So what you're saying is players don't need rest or pre season. How critical are Loftus C, Cahill to their club and nations team? How many minutes did they play last season, at the wc and this season? I'm sure Davidson, Erikssen, Son had more playing time at the wc than Cahill, lofty cheeks and possibly Giroud but did I include them in my list?

You wanted a list of 5, I gave you 8 + change. :mrgreen:

Rest is critical.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

Btw, on replay and analysis, it was a penalty for Spurs at the death. Mané kicked Son's left leg in the penalty area as he was about to shoot on goal.

Still, I think Liverpool deserved this win for the dominance they displayed, and the overwhelming threat they carried. Roll on PSG.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Pa Jimoh, update scores now, ah ah. You're making it appear as if Spuds were walloped at home 2-0, when it was just 2-1
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Pa Jimoh, update scores now, ah ah. You're making it appear as if Spuds were walloped at home 2-0, when it was just 2-1
What's the difference, we get any point? :roll:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Pa Jimoh, update scores now, ah ah. You're making it appear as if Spuds were walloped at home 2-0, when it was just 2-1
:lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:
What's the difference, we get any point? :roll:

zero points? So are you saying Lamela's goal was in vain? :shock: :???: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

anikulapo wrote:
txj wrote:Game shouldn't have been this close.

Total dominance of spurs...

After the match expert don land :rotf:
The Full Time whistle Oracle :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Liverpool is grinding out good results and it's starting to get worrying.

But luckily there is their black September of fixtures, so hopefully they will be cut down to size by month end.

But the problem is Liverpool loves big games, big teams play into Liverpool's hands.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

can04 wrote:Btw, on replay and analysis, it was a penalty for Spurs at the death. Mané kicked Son's left leg in the penalty area as he was about to shoot on goal.

Still, I think Liverpool deserved this win for the dominance they displayed, and the overwhelming threat they carried. Roll on PSG.

What on earth are u talking about?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

benteke wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Abeg coin anoda name for his brother Waffi :woot:

Another post match guru
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:
benteke wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Abeg coin anoda name for his brother Waffi :woot:

Another post match guru
Liverpool so dominant that the only thing u guys can talk about is txj... :biggrin:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

anikulapo wrote:That’s dirty from Vertonghen .... what kinda defense do they teach in Belgium. He just swatted across Firminhos eyes with his off hand on a 50-50 ball smh

Didn’t know it was that disgusting of an eye gouge

MLK.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

txj wrote:
can04 wrote:Btw, on replay and analysis, it was a penalty for Spurs at the death. Mané kicked Son's left leg in the penalty area as he was about to shoot on goal.

What on earth are u talking about?
What would you like me to clarify? If it’s the penalty then I am sure the videos doing the rounds should put any doubt to rest that Sadio clipped Son’s left leg. I am also sure you agree that Liverpool were largely dominant in this game.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:That’s dirty from Vertonghen .... what kinda defense do they teach in Belgium. He just swatted across Firminhos eyes with his off hand on a 50-50 ball smh

Didn’t know it was that disgusting of an eye gouge
yup...it looked horrible even during the replay. Remember that eye gouge took firmino out, and forced the Dean to make the wrong sub.
AFCON 2019 sweet o