West Ham don vex at Everton - 3 - 1.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
West Ham don vex at Everton - 3 - 1.

Post by balo »

Hopefully they will keep their heads for the remainder of the game.
Last edited by balo on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: West Ham don vex at Everton - Leading by 2.

Post by balo »

Everton has pulled 1 back just before half time.

Yarmolenko with both goals for WH.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Finally!

West Ham a cut above sorry Everton...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Now Pellegrini needs to use his head and replace Yarmalenko to strengthen his right side...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: West Ham don vex at Everton - 3 - 1.

Post by txj »

Seeing exactly why Pellegrini goes from an EPL championship manager to China..

3-1 ahead in a road game with a team that is low on confidence, why keep playing an open game?

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So Lucas Perez refused to warm up as a sub smh ... they should just Terminate his contract .:: what kinda selfish foolishness is that if true
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

So in the end Everton prevented Ademola Lukman from leaving to Leipzig...

Just sheer wickedness...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:So Lucas Perez refused to warm up as a sub smh ... they should just Terminate his contract .:: what kinda selfish foolishness is that if true
West Ham's struggles stem far more from a lack of team spirit than quality of players, although they do have a few passengers...

If I were Pellegrini I would terminate Lucas' contract as a statement to the entire team...

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

txj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:So Lucas Perez refused to warm up as a sub smh ... they should just Terminate his contract .:: what kinda selfish foolishness is that if true
West Ham's struggles stem far more from a lack of team spirit than quality of players, although they do have a few passengers...

If I were Pellegrini I would terminate Lucas' contract as a statement to the entire team...

I agree. I like Perez as a player but that’s just disgraceful .... cut him loose
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
txj wrote:

I agree. I like Perez as a player but that’s just disgraceful .... cut him loose
Uncle when you terminate the contract you go pay him all the money for the contract right?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
txj wrote:

Uncle when you terminate the contract you go pay him all the money for the contract right?

Depends on the language in the contract ...

MLK.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Lucas Perez: West Ham striker denies he refused to play at Everton

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45546576

Lucas Perez says "false information" implied he refused to play in West Ham's 3-1 win at Everton on Sunday.

The Spanish striker, who started the Premier League game on the bench, had looked set to replace the injured Marko Arnautovic, but boss Manuel Pellegrini opted for Michail Antonio instead.

Perez, 30, said that it was "quicker" for Antonio to play as he was ready.

"I have never ever refused to warm up in my whole career, let alone play a match," he tweeted.

Perez explained that West Ham's substitutes take it in turns to do warm-up routines of three to five minutes during a game, and that he had not been warming up when Arnautovic got injured.

"In the moment Marko got injured, I was on the bench after warming up," he added.

"The coach [Pellegrini] called me to go out and play - however, having realised that it was faster to substitute Antonio in, who at that moment was warming up, he changed his decision."

Perez was pictured talking to his club's goalkeeping coach moments after Antonio entered the game in the 64th minute.

The striker said: "The images that have been misinterpreted correspond to a talk with the goalkeeper's coach, in which I never refused to warm up and explained what happened."

Pellegrini said after the game that he did not use Perez because "Antonio was already ready, so played".

The Hammers recorded their first win of the season at Goodison Park, with two goals from Andriy Yarmolenko and an Arnautovic strike.