See how Harry Redknap described Kanu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: See how Harry Redknap described Kanu

Post by anikulapo »

Er make I no talk .... some of una funny sha.

Oloye talk true nah and shame da devil about Pa Nwankwo’s real age nah :woot: Shebi he is only officially a year younger than Thierry Henry :rotf: :rotf:

Wonders shall never end :laugh: but lemme day dis sha. Pa Nwankwo is by far one of the most skillful and intelligent football players ever to come out of Nigeria but as for his age :woot: :woot:

If he was born in 1976 then Segun Odegbami is still a teenager and Christian Chukwu a toddler ... I mean Get the fack outta with una Yeye yarns :rotf: :rotf:

Una dey craze :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

anikulapo wrote:Er make I no talk .... some of una funny sha.

Oloye talk true nah and shame da devil about Pa Nwankwo’s real age nah :woot: Shebi he is only officially a year younger than Thierry Henry :rotf: :rotf:

Wonders shall never end :laugh: but lemme day dis sha. Pa Nwankwo is by far one of the most skillful and intelligent football players ever to come out of Nigeria but as for his age :woot: :woot:

If he was born in 1976 then Segun Odegbami is still a teenager and Christian Chukwu a toddler ... I mean Get the fack outta with una Yeye yarns :rotf: :rotf:

Kanu was born b/w 73 and 76
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ANC wrote:

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Maybe you should go to Owerri and ask. He was very young and in secondary school when he played for Iwuanyanwu Nationale.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I played against Kanu in the year 1992, like I have shared before on this forum, I remembered we were lining up for pre match inspection when one of our players Emma Nwanegbo of blessed memory, whispered in my ears to watch out for one skinny and scrawny looking dude, saying himself and one other guy were the new sensation straight from secondary school that Iwuanyawun were going to unleashed against us. I think the other guy was Karine,not too sure. But Kanubi am sure because of his unique physique. I took one look at him and almost laughed, he was so skinny and looked like a teenager...I said to myself no problem with this one, I can break this one easily.

He went on to put on a superb performance, he did not score in that match, but in the return leg he scored against us in Markudi.
The Kanu I saw in 1992 could not have been more than 18, 19 to say the most. If Kanu looks frail now,you need to see him in 1992 ....he was so skinny men I could help but wonder what he was doing trying to play football.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

aruako1 wrote:

Maybe you should go to Owerri and ask. He was very young and in secondary school when he played for Iwuanyanwu Nationale.
I lived and schooled in Owerri during the period and I knew him then. He was at Holy Ghost college. In 1988 I was in Class 5 and he was in JSS2. I amin my mid forties. There is no way that he is my age or older. I would say i am at least 3 years his senior so do the math. Anybody who says anything contrary never knew him then and is just spreading useless rumour.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Adisboy wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

I lived and schooled in Owerri during the period and I knew him then. He was at Holy Ghost college. In 1988 I was in Class 5 and he was in JSS2. I amin my mid forties. There is no way that he is my age or older. I would say i am at least 3 years his senior so do the math. Anybody who says anything contrary never knew him then and is just spreading useless rumour.

Ok :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:I played against Kanu in the year 1992, like I have shared before on this forum, I remembered we were lining up for pre match inspection when one of our players Emma Nwanegbo of blessed memory, whispered in my ears to watch out for one skinny and scrawny looking dude, saying himself and one other guy were the new sensation straight from secondary school that Iwuanyawun were going to unleashed against us. I think the other guy was Karine,not too sure. But Kanubi am sure because of his unique physique. I took one look at him and almost laughed, he was so skinny and looked like a teenager...I said to myself no problem with this one, I can break this one easily.

He went on to put on a superb performance, he did not score in that match, but in the return leg he scored against us in Markudi.
The Kanu I saw in 1992 could not have been more than 18, 19 to say the most. If Kanu looks frail now,you need to see him in 1992 ....he was so skinny men I could help but wonder what he was doing trying to play football.
Egbon :rotf: :rotf: I no wan put you for bad position nah

He was allegedly 16 in ‘92 by his official age and playing for Iwuanyanwu in our league breaking league ?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ok never mind :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MLK.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:I played against Kanu in the year 1992, like I have shared before on this forum, I remembered we were lining up for pre match inspection when one of our players Emma Nwanegbo of blessed memory, whispered in my ears to watch out for one skinny and scrawny looking dude, saying himself and one other guy were the new sensation straight from secondary school that Iwuanyawun were going to unleashed against us. I think the other guy was Karine,not too sure. But Kanubi am sure because of his unique physique. I took one look at him and almost laughed, he was so skinny and looked like a teenager...I said to myself no problem with this one, I can break this one easily.

He was allegedly 16 in ‘92 by his official age and playing for Iwuanyanwu in our league breaking league ?

So he might have shaved 2-3 years, so what’s the big deal?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
ANC wrote:

:rotf:
Aniku, tell us how old you think he is.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

maceo4 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Compare the Kanu of Ajax to when he should have been at his physical peak at Arsenal, and then still relatively young “allegedly” at WBA and Portsmouth, and then tell me if that’s someone who shaved just 2-3 years off of his age :rotf: :rotf:

Again Kanu is one of the most, if not the most cerebral player ever to lace up their boots for Naija. Absolute gem of a player. And the KAnu that played for Ajax, terrified people with his pace (yes I said pace ), skills and football brain.

Kanu was a beast of a player ... so when that physical ability suddenly fades in your mid 20s :woot: :woot: well it means you were closer to mid 30s :mrgreen:

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:

Nawhich trouble be that, that I am guessing someone's age and looking at the worst possible scenario for someone who just left high school. Ah man mi no trouble to be feared here. 1992 was the year he left high school, I left high school at the age of 16, I went for 17 in order to accommodate the worst case scenario.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Which pace :lol:

Compare the Kanu of Ajax to when he should have been at his physical peak at Arsenal, and then still relatively young “allegedly” at WBA and Portsmouth, and then tell me if that’s someone who shaved just 2-3 years off of his age :rotf: :rotf:

Again Kanu is one of the most, if not the most cerebral player ever to lace up their boots for Naija. Absolute gem of a player. And the KAnu that played for Ajax, terrified people with his pace (yes I said pace ), skills and football brain.

Kanu was a beast of a player ... so when that physical ability suddenly fades in your mid 20s :woot: :woot: well it means you were closer to mid 30s :mrgreen:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Nawhich trouble be that, that I am guessing someone's age and looking at the worst possible scenario for someone who just left high school. Ah man mi no trouble to be feared here. 1992 was the year he left high school, I left high school at the age of 16, I went for 17 in order to accommodate the worst case scenario.

Egbon you old pass us nah. For una time na GCE una dey take. Kanu was allegedly SSCE generation.

Wetin nah, next thing you go tell me say Peter Ogaba was 13 when he played for Flying Eagles :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Man mi how many 16 or even 17 years dey Tap soccer for top division for Naija during ya time?

Not even a skill issue but more to do with the physicality.

Oya tell us ya real age when you enter field for Sootin’ and how many true teenagers dey field

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Adisboy wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

I saw Kanu my self like I said play against my secondary school in owerri. I was in Js1 and Holy Ghost College Beat us by a goal to zero. I know for sure I was there and he was still in secondary in 1990-91. So if he was there then as a teenager, how did he become 48 or more about 15years later?

Let’s for the sake of argument say he wasn’t a good student and kept repeating classes at Holy Ghost and in 1991 he was 21. How old will he be today? 48? So he was at Arsenal 15 years ago putting him at 34 then and also late 30s to early 40 at Portsmouth. Still don’t add up and this is all assuming he was at least 21 in high school.
Last edited by Cito on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Egbon you old pass us nah. For una time na GCE una dey take. Kanu was allegedly SSCE generation.

Wetin nah, next thing you go tell me say Peter Ogaba was 13 when he played for Flying Eagles :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Man mi how many 16 or even 17 years dey Tap soccer for top division for Naija during ya time?

Oya tell us ya real age when you enter field for Sootin’ and how many true teenagers dey field
I agree that it is rare for 16 or 17 year olds to play in the league but Enyimba (before the money came) regularly fielded secondary school kids. Kanu and Osaze (who played for Insurance at 19) are two examples of talented players who played in the league when they were young.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

aruako1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I agree that it is rare for 16 or 17 year olds to play in the league but Enyimba (before the money came) regularly fielded secondary school kids. Kanu and Osaze (who played for Insurance at 19) are two examples of talented players who played in the league when they were young.

Well according to the record ... Kanu was 16 :) when he started playing for Nationale :mrgreen: nonsurprise that by 2002 his legs were already gone at Arsenal .

Anyway KAnu has done too much for many make I hail the guy and leave him in peace biko. :thumb:

Osaze was developed in Eastern Europe and was already playing in their club youth set ups before returning to Nigeria to play for Insurance at almost 20 years so that’s a big difference homie

MLK.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

anikulapo wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Well according to the record ... Kanu was 16 :) when he started playing for Nationale :mrgreen: nonsurprise that by 2002 his legs were already gone at Arsenal .

Anyway KAnu has done too much for many make I hail the guy and leave him in peace biko. :thumb:

Osaze was developed in Eastern Europe and was already playing in their club youth set ups before returning to Nigeria to play for Insurance at almost 20 years so that’s a big difference homie
Well you seem determined to believe that Kanu was several years older than his stated age despite the fact that several people who saw him develop and watched him play as a young man have told you otherwise. Even Oloye who played with him has told you that he could not have been that old. Again several players played for Enyimba in the 80s and 90s while they were at schools such as Eziama High School and National High School. Enyimba was poor then so these players often moved on to Iwuanyanwu and Rangers afterwards. Anyway we can agree to disagree.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Well you seem determined to believe that Kanu was several years older than his stated age despite the fact that several people who saw him develop and watched him play as a young man have told you otherwise. Even Oloye who played with him has told you that he could not have been that old. Again several players played for Enyimba in the 80s and 90s while they were at schools such as Eziama High School and National High School. Enyimba was poor then so these players often moved on to Iwuanyanwu and Rangers afterwards. Anyway we can agree to disagree.
I'm wondering how anyone can really believe someone can play in the EPL into their mid to late 40's? Even Harry has his tongue firmly in his cheeks saying it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

aruako1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Nna leave dis matter biko. Jokes apart Kanu is a hero and I really don’t care if he was 50 claiming to be a teen . Great man :thumb:

MLK.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Kanu may be perhaps at most 4 years than his stated age.