Golden Eaglets vindicate Nigeria's youth football policy

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Golden Eaglets vindicate Nigeria's youth football policy

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:Read the post again and comprehend. :idea:
It wasn't about "US and UK" MRI programs.
ITK. :rotf:

How many US or UK players have you ever heard failed the MRI test since all the years it has been used?
Well, how many Nigerian players have you heard failed the MRI test since FIFA has been doing the test? That should tell you all you need to know. FIFA does its own test for years but HAS NEVER reported the results for any of the players tested whether they are US, England, or Nigerian. That is the fact. Note also that FIFA does not require the USA or European federations to test for MRI because it trusts documentation from those regions. That is not with the case in Africa and Asia. Why? FIFA states and recognizes (Even though you don't) that documentation in Africa and Asia do not exist in many cases and/or are unreliable. You may sometimes visit FIFA's site where these things are available to the public to research and understand.
We've pointed this fact out to txj for ever and he still won't listen. There has never been any suggestion that u17 players in the UK had to go for MRI scan. I'm putting it out there so that any Brit or Yank can correct me. This is predominately an attempt to curb the so called perennial cheaters from developing and definitely third world countries.

Regardless, even if they are doing it, there's still a lot of question mark about the validity of the taste without detailed study how it affects different races etc
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

How many US or UK players have you ever heard failed the MRI test since all the years it has been used?
Well, how many Nigerian players have you heard failed the MRI test since FIFA has been doing the test? That should tell you all you need to know. FIFA does its own test for years but HAS NEVER reported the results for any of the players tested whether they are US, England, or Nigerian. That is the fact. Note also that FIFA does not require the USA or European federations to test for MRI because it trusts documentation from those regions. That is not with the case in Africa and Asia. Why? FIFA states and recognizes (Even though you don't) that documentation in Africa and Asia do not exist in many cases and/or are unreliable. You may sometimes visit FIFA's site where these things are available to the public to research and understand.
We've pointed this fact out to txj for ever and he still won't listen. There has never been any suggestion that u17 players in the UK had to go for MRI scan. I'm putting it out there so that any Brit or Yank can correct me. This is predominately an attempt to curb the so called perennial cheaters from developing and definitely third world countries.

Regardless, even if they are doing it, there's still a lot of question mark about the validity of the taste without detailed study how it affects different races etc

You are a little slow...its a rhetorical question!

Those tests are administered to both US and UK players, but they will never be released for anybody, nor any player banned by FIFA for failing MRI test, as they cannot sustain a legal challenge to this.

Its the African countries that choose to do this, NOT because they do not have documentation, but cus they CHEAT and lack the moral basis to question this. The term "documentation" is a politically correct term to address age cheats!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

I would like to see the directive from FIFA to CAF to implement mandatory MRI tests. Thanks

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

txj wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

Those tests are administered to both US and UK players, but they will never be released for anybody, nor any player banned by FIFA for failing MRI test, as they cannot sustain a legal challenge to this.

Its the African countries that choose to do this, NOT because they do not have documentation, but cus they CHEAT and lack the moral basis to question this. The term "documentation" is a politically correct term to address age cheats!!!
uk and USA players are not subjected to MRI screening......

reason why a Nigerian can fail the test and return back to USA and represent them in the same age group.

but anyways don't let me interrupt
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

I would like to see the directive from FIFA to CAF to implement mandatory MRI tests. Thanks
Google it yourself. I don't have to do the research for you. You claimed ABC Nwosu and Dr. (Olikoye and I am hoping you do not mean Belko) Kuti found different things and you have not provided an ounce of evidence supporting such a claim. I know both Olikoye and ABC Nwosu very well as famiily friends and find their work credible. So all you have to do is produce that work as evidence and I will gladly take those into consideration. The ball is now in your court to produce those views, Txj. Do that first. Do not come here claiming that I lied on the child birth and birth recordation issues in Nigeria when you cannot come up with any research evidence to support your claim. I already posted several links from various researchers to show that your claim is false. Now you want me to help with the FIFA research. You can search their website or better still go back to previous debates on this matter and you will see postings on this from FIFA site.

Ma, the debate is not simply to win brownie points. Debate with facts and we can find a solution in such an honest debate. But when we begin to deny facts then we have a problem in engaging in an honest debate on this matter.

I for one do not think that MRI should be the ultimate solution. Make no mistake about that. However, the reality is that in spite of it denying some of our players who should be eligible and passing through some that should not be, it remains the solution until something better comes up within the condition of our environment.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

Google it yourself. I don't have to do the research for you. You claimed ABC Nwosu and Dr. (Olikoye ad I am hoping you do not mean Belko) Kuti found different things and you have not provided an ounce of evidence supporting such a claim. I already posted several links from various researchers to show that your claim is false. Now you want me to help with the FIFA research. You can search their website or better still go back to previous debates on this matter and you will see postings on this from FIFA site.

Ma, the debate is not simply to win brownie points. Debate with facts and we can find a solution in such an honest debate. But when we begin to deny facts then we have a problem in engaging in an honest debate on this matter.

I for one do not think that MRI should be the ultimate solution. Make no mistake about that. However, the reality is that in spite of it denying some of our players who should be eligible and passing through some that should not be, it remains the solution until something better comes up within the condition of our environment.
There's nothing to google, cus there's no such directive in existence!

I will not debate with you on primary care in Nigeria. It is not your field, so no point in wasting time on that.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

Google it yourself. I don't have to do the research for you. You claimed ABC Nwosu and Dr. (Olikoye ad I am hoping you do not mean Belko) Kuti found different things and you have not provided an ounce of evidence supporting such a claim. I already posted several links from various researchers to show that your claim is false. Now you want me to help with the FIFA research. You can search their website or better still go back to previous debates on this matter and you will see postings on this from FIFA site.

I will not debate with you on primary care in Nigeria. It is not your field, so no point in wasting time on that.
Primary care is not my field nor is it yours. Remember, it is just like coaching is not your field or mine but you surely talk a lot about coaching. Not a big deal, if you ask me.

However, there are those who work in the primary care field and I rely on their views. It is those views that I have presented for examination and information. That is the point. If you can produce the views of the giants that you mention, I certainly will respect their views because I am not dogmatic nor do I wish to be on this matter. I have truly an open mind waiting to be led by evidence. The question is -- Are you?
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Guys, FIFA picks candidates for tests from a sample of all teams at U17. You would think many will fail if continental associations are not using them. I wish we could all sit around a table in person and discuss this issue in vernacular. Would like to see these arguments about Nigeria made bold faced (pure comedy). Multitudes are going away quietly after failing the MRI, I mean common now!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

felarey wrote:Guys, FIFA picks candidates for tests from a sample of all teams at U17. You would think many will fail if continental associations are not using them. I wish we could all sit around a table in person and discuss this issue in vernacular. Would like to see these arguments about Nigeria made bold faced (pure comedy). Multitudes are going away quietly after failing the MRI, I mean common now!
Felarey,

You are absolutely correct. FIFA does an MRI test of two players from each team at tournaments but have not released a single result of this test. FIFA, however, claims that its test is for research only.

Nevertheless, based on the current research one can reasonably expect that some of the players (including those from USA and Europe) fail that FIFA test. However, we will never know because of FIFA's refusal to release those results. But think of this -- there is no benefit to releasing the results. Instead, there are several downsides to doing so for FIFA. For instance, if FIFA's results show that a US or an European player failed the test, what can FIFA do? Nothing, if you ask me. Why? Because FIFA has already vouched for the authenticity of documents from that region.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

Primary care is not my field nor is it yours. Remember, it is just like coaching is not your field or mine but you surely talk a lot about coaching. Not a big deal, if you ask me.

However, there are those who work in the primary care field and I rely on their views. It is those views that I have presented for examination and information. That is the point. If you can produce the views of the giants that you mention, I certainly will respect their views because I am not dogmatic nor do I wish to be on this matter. I have truly an open mind waiting to be led by evidence. The question is -- Are you?
How do you know primary care is not my field? Beyond football, you don't have a clue what my background is. And how do you know what I know or don't about coaching?

I would never argue with you on the subject of communication, or Nigerian football history; but ur problem is you make assumptions about me based on all of us being on CE...Show some respect...show some respect.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
felarey wrote:Guys, FIFA picks candidates for tests from a sample of all teams at U17. You would think many will fail if continental associations are not using them. I wish we could all sit around a table in person and discuss this issue in vernacular. Would like to see these arguments about Nigeria made bold faced (pure comedy). Multitudes are going away quietly after failing the MRI, I mean common now!
Felarey,

You are absolutely correct. FIFA does an MRI test of two players from each team at tournaments but have not released a single result of this test. FIFA, however, claims that its test is for research only.

Nevertheless, based on the current research one can reasonably expect that some of the players (including those from USA and Europe) fail that FIFA test. However, we will never know because of FIFA's refusal to release those results. But think of this -- there is no benefit to releasing the results. Instead, there are several downsides to doing so for FIFA. For instance, if FIFA's results show that a US or an European player failed the test, what can FIFA do? Nothing, if you ask me. Why? Because FIFA has already vouched for the authenticity of documents from that region.
It cannot be because FIFA has already vouched for the authenticity of documents from that region. Its because of the legal exposure/risk inherent in such an action. A duly issued international passport or certificate of birth, is a legal instrument that cannot be controverted and unlike CAF countries, there is no way an MRI test can be allowed to stand by these countries.

Imagine telling a US soccer mom her 17yr old son is overaged based on an MRI test. You have to be ready with the cash to pay damages and restitution...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Felarey,

It cannot be because FIFA has already vouched for the authenticity of documents from that region. Its because of the legal exposure/risk inherent in such an action. A duly issued international passport or certificate of birth, is a legal instrument that cannot be controverted and unlike CAF countries, there is no way an MRI test can be allowed to stand by these countries.

Imagine telling a US soccer mom her 17yr old son is overaged based on an MRI test. You have to be ready with the cash to pay damages and restitution...
I agree that it will be a major legal problem for FIFA. I would not touch that myself with even a 100ft pole because FIFA cannot win such a tangle. Thus, it is better to stay far away from such. There is no question that passports and birth certificate of such players are far more credible than an MRI result.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

imehjunior wrote:Ran into the team at Abuja airport was super super impressed on the fact no sane person can question their ages.
Wait till they win anything at the world stage and you go shock
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

Jesus wept!
Look who's talking about being "a little slow"!
So you didn't know my statement about UK and US kids "failing" the MRI was rhetorical?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "