Liverpool 3 vs 2 PSG FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 3 vs 2 PSG

Post by kajifu »

PSG should thank their God it was not like 4-1 result.
Did Napoli win?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:I wouldn't call them the least effective. They just bring different qualities and today they were on top of PSG all night...
They all bring different qualities to the table. I suspect the optimal three will end up being Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita but time will tell.

Agreed completely, as a fan.

However my point was to show that Klopp rather than see an "optimal three", will continue to mix and match as demanded by each game/opponent.
Totally!

Eager to see how this unfolds as the season goes on. Still think they miss the role Fekir would've played.

They also miss the explosiveness of Ox from central MF...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kajifu wrote:PSG should thank their God it was not like 4-1 result.
Did Napoli win?
0-0
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:I wouldn't call them the least effective. They just bring different qualities and today they were on top of PSG all night...
They all bring different qualities to the table. I suspect the optimal three will end up being Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita but time will tell.

However my point was to show that Klopp rather than see an "optimal three", will continue to mix and match as demanded by each game/opponent.
Totally!

Eager to see how this unfolds as the season goes on. Still think they miss the role Fekir would've played.

Yes. Ox is certainly missed... Then there's Lallana too..

I'm in two minds on the need for someone to fill the Fekir/Coutinho role...

I just hope the key players can remain fit - especially VVD.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

can04 wrote:Tomas Tuchel and Anfield; dude will never want to go near the place again.
He is an underwhelming coach, i was still hoping to see something showing why PSG hired him, but i don't he will last long if PSG are still putting up meek performances like these in Europe.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

benteke wrote:
can04 wrote:Tomas Tuchel and Anfield; dude will never want to go near the place again.
He is an underwhelming coach, i was still hoping to see something showing why PSG hired him, but i don't he will last long if PSG are still putting up meek performances like these in Europe.
It will be interesting to watch his career, how it began at humble Mainz and has rocketed up to this point. Is it all merited? He comes with this reputation for cerebral, tactical football. But can he handle the big time at PSG, the big egos in the dressing room?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

can04 wrote:
benteke wrote:
It will be interesting to watch his career, how it began at humble Mainz and has rocketed up to this point. Is it all merited? He comes with this reputation for cerebral, tactical football. But can he handle the big time at PSG, the big egos in the dressing room?
The guy must have a very poor record against Klopp.

I know he might be busy but any word from Yujam on how an EPL team is showing elite tactics on Europe's finest stage :biggrin:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Totally!

Nabil Fekir na baller oooh,i am just watching him closely today against City.Chai if Liverpool get him then Liverpool will just be stronger again like in the 80's
Hope Arsenal go for him next year by god grace to ship Ozil out.I will take him over Ozil
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Totally!

Fekir is a good player but there must have been a very good reason the deal fell through.
I would still have liked another wide player as cover for Mane and/or Salah. The guys in our youth setup (Ojo, Wilson, Camacho) don't look like stepping up, although I do like Rafa Camacho.
My choices in order of preference would have been
Wilfred Zaha
Adama Traore
Demarai Gray
YNWA
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

heavyd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Totally!

Fekir is a good player but there must have been a very good reason the deal fell through.
I would still have liked another wide player as cover for Mane and/or Salah. The guys in our youth setup (Ojo, Wilson, Camacho) don't look like stepping up, although I do like Rafa Camacho.
Wilfred Zaha
Adama Traore
Demarai Gray

Watch out for Curtis Jones, that boy has something about him. Like Camacho too.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:

In what sense is he underwhelming? What do you know about his work?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

heavyd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Totally!

Wilfred Zaha
Adama Traore
Demarai Gray

Seriously?

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:

In what sense is he underwhelming? What do you know about his work?
Is there anything special he did at Dortmund that Klopp didn't do.
I still think the PSG job is a bit too big for him, because of all those egos, but i am following his progress there, time will tell.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

txj wrote:

Seriously?
Yep - Very Serious
You obviously think otherwise.. care to explain why?

For me they all bring tremendous speed and acceleration which is key for the way our forwards play.
Zaha has developed into a player that Wins games on his own for Palace. Imagine Klopp getting his hands on him. I Have no doubt he has the personality and drive to fit into Klopps system with ease. Big game player with big personality.
With Traore, imagine him coming from the bench in a tight game with 20mins to go against tired defenders? HE will wreck havoc! I know most people think he is a headless chicken but he is only 22 and can still develop.
Same with Gray. He is still very young but he works hard and I feel he will adapt to our style very easy.
YNWA
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

heavyd wrote:
txj wrote:

Seriously?
Yep - Very Serious

For me they all bring tremendous speed and acceleration which is key for the way our forwards play.
Zaha has developed into a player that Wins games on his own for Palace. Imagine Klopp getting his hands on him. I Have no doubt he has the personality and drive to fit into Klopps system with ease. Big game player with big personality.
With Traore, imagine him coming from the bench in a tight game with 20mins to go against tired defenders? HE will wreck havoc! I know most people think he is a headless chicken but he is only 22 and can still develop.
Same with Gray. He is still very young but he works hard and I feel he will adapt to our style very easy.

First there is speed of movement- a physical/athletic quality.

Then there is speed of thought- a mental quality

And finally there is speed of movement AND thought, which leads to end product.

The closest among the three is of course Zaha. But I doubt he has all the qualities to play in a big team with heightened expectations. Its one thing to play in a team where all sorts of accomodations are made for you, in terms of your role and responsibilities, its another thing all together where you are part of a much larger whole...

There's a reason Barca gave up on Traore...

Gray is small potatoes...

heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

txj wrote:
heavyd wrote:
txj wrote:

Seriously?
Yep - Very Serious

First there is speed of movement- a physical/athletic quality.

Then there is speed of thought- a mental quality

And finally there is speed of movement AND thought, which leads to end product.

The closest among the three is of course Zaha. But I doubt he has all the qualities to play in a big team with heightened expectations. Its one thing to play in a team where all sorts of accomodations are made for you, in terms of your role and responsibilities, its another thing all together where you are part of a much larger whole...

This can be said for many players who went from small teams to big teams... thing is you never know for sure until they make the switch. (Tell me you thought Mane and Sala will be as good as they have become when we bought them :) I believe Zaha has the ability to rise to the occasion. Just my Opinion.

There's a reason Barca gave up on Traore...

Barca gave up on Fabregas, Zlatan, amongst others... they make mistakes too, they are far from perfect in judging players.

Gray is small potatoes...

I don't know but he has something about him that I just like. He is only 20-21? Loads of capacity to develop and improve.
YNWA