Liverpool 3 vs 2 PSG FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 3 vs 2 PSG

Post by txj »

can04 wrote:Absolutely dominated that game. The forward line is warming up but still not there yet. I think the Henderson-Milner-Wijnaldum midfield is a necessary evil, but its frailties were exposed for that second PSG goal (although Salah bears a lot of the blame for presenting PSG with the ball), otherwise a masterful performance.

2nd straight game you are making a comment from left field.

2nd goal had zero to do with the MF. It came down to Salah's turnover...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Like i said Liverpool is the real deal in CL to think they have not even pick form,still in gear one
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 2 vs 1 PSG

Post by Comrade Machel »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
green4life wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
green4life wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Please don't insult me but when does this Salah ever play well. Few games I have watched I haven't seen any superstardom by him :D
The key phrase in your post is 'few games'.
True. Maybe I need watch Pool more often
This season he hasn't taken off but last season he was money in the bank.
Thanks. PSG been disappointing :curse:
That's the frightening thing. PSG has been poor in this game but the score is 2-2 in Anfield.

The frightening thing is how much Liverpool dominated the game...
More like PSG were poor and made liverpool look dominant :taunt: :taunt:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:Can Pool remain healthy?

They have the squad to rotate...but hopefully they stay healthy...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Liverpool 2 vs 2 PSG

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:WOW what a game.

You just got to love how Liverpool plays the game as it ought to be played.
Clean hard-working team effort.

It was enjoyable to watch.

The key thing for me is how well they press the lines. When you do that well you often do not need full court gegenpressing...
Without fouling...

First to most balls... like they were on Adderall.

Very entertaining brand of football. Even play with honest integrity... none of the extracurricular nonsense.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Pretty interesting match - PSG missed Marco Verratti bigtime.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

txj wrote:
can04 wrote:Absolutely dominated that game. The forward line is warming up but still not there yet. I think the Henderson-Milner-Wijnaldum midfield is a necessary evil, but its frailties were exposed for that second PSG goal (although Salah bears a lot of the blame for presenting PSG with the ball), otherwise a masterful performance.

I don't recall my first offense (perhaps that Spurs had a rightful penalty claim). I noted Salah's turnover, but Henderson is generally slow to close down breaks. Also, I think Liverpool will resort to this midfield lineup very selectively, where high pressing is required over finesse. Of course these are my thoughts, and I look forward to seeing yours.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

Tomas Tuchel and Anfield; dude will never want to go near the place again.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

can04 wrote:
txj wrote:

I don't recall my first offense (perhaps that Spurs had a rightful penalty claim). I noted Salah's turnover, but Henderson is generally slow to close down breaks. Also, I think Liverpool will resort to this midfield lineup very selectively, where high pressing is required over finesse. Of course these are my thoughts, and I look forward to seeing yours.

The team has transitioned from the typical gegenpress. They are using a combo of their shape and pressure on passing lanes.

Also, with Gini in the deep role, they are able to control the ball technically, and the overall play between the lines is much, much better. While Salah is not yet at his peak, his positioning between the lines and the spaces he finds is quite good, and the goals will come...

I think nobody was better at closing down space quickly today than Hendo. His problem has never been that, but on the technical side...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

tolahs wrote:Pretty interesting match - PSG missed Marco Verratti bigtime.
Absolutely!

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Cellular wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Liverpool actually played with balls.
You must not have had access to a television last year?
I thought last year was a fluke................But they are real this year.
Last edited by wale1974 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 2 vs 2 PSG

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:WOW what a game.

You just got to love how Liverpool plays the game as it ought to be played.
Clean hard-working team effort.

It was enjoyable to watch.

The key thing for me is how well they press the lines. When you do that well you often do not need full court gegenpressing...
Without fouling...

First to most balls... like they were on Adderall.

Very entertaining brand of football. Even play with honest integrity... none of the extracurricular nonsense.

Still think they miss the role Nabil Fekir was supposed to fill this season...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:

Salah and the midfield at fault there. Midfield was wide open on the turn over...

All in all, Liverpool dominated this one, just like they did Spurs....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I disagree... think that trio is the least effective at Liverpool's disposal - as we saw in the final vs Madrid and at times vs Leicester a few weeks ago. However, they all played well today.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Great game. Liverpool is fun to watch. PSG were a bit timid if you ask me.

Yes they're on the road but with a loaded lineup like that I expected more from them.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
I disagree... think that trio is the least effective at Liverpool's disposal - as we saw in the final vs Madrid and at times vs Leicester a few weeks ago. However, they all played well today.
txj has responded with his thoughts on the midfield and I agree with him. My point, poorly made, was that I feel this particular combination of players is more suited to the aggressive recovery of the ball, and less to the technical qualities (Wijnaldum aside). And yes, indeed they played very well tonight.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

Salah and the midfield at fault there. Midfield was wide open on the turn over...

All in all, Liverpool dominated this one, just like they did Spurs....
Not sure what the MF could've done in terms of their shape, given the stage of the build up when the turnover occurred..
Sometimes u just have to acknowledge the quality of the opponent esp when given such an advantage...

can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

txj wrote:
can04 wrote:
txj wrote:

The team has transitioned from the typical gegenpress. They are using a combo of their shape and pressure on passing lanes.

Also, with Gini in the deep role, they are able to control the ball technically, and the overall play between the lines is much, much better. While Salah is not yet at his peak, his positioning between the lines and the spaces he finds is quite good, and the goals will come...

I think nobody was better at closing down space quickly today than Hendo. His problem has never been that, but on the technical side...
good points and I agree with you. harsh of me to blame the midfield for Mbappe's goal (on review); that said, I just feel that we will see this combo when "shock and awe" is needed; finesse will come with other combinations.

all bodes well for the season.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...calling out Neymar from world cup to today have made the game beautiful again. No diving and rolling on the floor, the kid was incognito.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

can04 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj has responded with his thoughts on the midfield and I agree with him. My point, poorly made, was that I feel this particular combination of players is more suited to the aggressive recovery of the ball, and less to the technical qualities (Wijnaldum aside). And yes, indeed they played very well tonight.

I would add to the above that today they played quite different from what they did last year; for a start they are not pressing in the same way as I mentioned before.

Secondly, rotating the CDs into the MF has changed the dynamic a bit, esp given the sudden emergence of Gomez...

I wouldn't call them the least effective. They just bring different qualities and today they were on top of PSG all night...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:I wouldn't call them the least effective. They just bring different qualities and today they were on top of PSG all night...
They all bring different qualities to the table. I suspect the optimal three will end up being Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita but time will tell.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:I wouldn't call them the least effective. They just bring different qualities and today they were on top of PSG all night...
They all bring different qualities to the table. I suspect the optimal three will end up being Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita but time will tell.

Agreed completely, as a fan.

However my point was to show that Klopp rather than see an "optimal three", will continue to mix and match as demanded by each game/opponent.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Agreed completely, as a fan.

However my point was to show that Klopp rather than see an "optimal three", will continue to mix and match as demanded by each game/opponent.
Totally!
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024