Rohr desperate to get Danjuma & Lookman ahead of Libya game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Rohr desperate to get Danjuma & Lookman ahead of Libya game

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

NFF and Rohr desperate to secure Fifa approval for Danjuma and Lookman ahead of Libya tie next month - See more at: https://goo.gl/axmCXN

Good forward thinking. We may get to a stage soon where 80% of the Eagles is made up of second generation diasporans, kind of like Algeria and Morocco!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr desperate to get Danjuma & Lookman ahead of Libya

Post by Flex Swift »

I am sure I saw Lookman play for Everton vs West Ham last Sunday he came on in the second half when Everton were chasing the game. The article claims he is out on loan.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Has Danjuma ever even said he wants to play for Nigeria ?

We know it is true about Lookman, but I haven't seen anywhere that Danjuma has changed his mind from when he said he prefers Holland.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The article was straight up lifted from owngoal, Ayo then changed original text that from working hard to desperate. Give then credit when due.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The article was straight up lifted from owngoal, Ayo then changed original text that from working hard to desperate. Give then credit when due.
Ayo's action is called ... Oga Ayo, please complete the sentence :tic: :tic:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Flex Swift wrote:I am sure I saw Lookman play for Everton vs West Ham last Sunday he came on in the second half when Everton were chasing the game. The article claims he is out on loan.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

if this story is true then rohr is lazy. why chase already made
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote:if this story is true then rohr is lazy. why chase already made
How on earth is Rohr lazy for putting in work to get more options for SE and strengthen the team ?

Some people just like to argue and criticize just for the sake of it.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

[quote="EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA"]The article was straight up lifted from owngoal, Ayo then changed original text that from working hard to desperate. Give then credit when due.[/quote

Are the mods ever going to address this problem? He's been doing it for a while too
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The article was straight up lifted from owngoal, Ayo then changed original text that from working hard to desperate. Give then credit when due.
I thought it's already an established fact that Ayo is owngoal and owngoal is ayo.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ANC wrote:if this story is true then rohr is lazy. why chase already made
Although I doubt the authenticity of this story Rohr is managing a national team not a club and to be honest at this level a player should be ready made even the national teams youth players need to play professional football before you can asses their full potential.A player can't practise while playing in a qualifier.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I am disturbed that Rohr is searching for players in all corners of the earth. Are you telling me we don't have great players in the Nigerian league? I refuse to believe that there isn't
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote:I am disturbed that Rohr is searching for players in all corners of the earth. Are you telling me we don't have great players in the Nigerian league? I refuse to believe that there isn't

No we dont. THose are the facts. Deal with them.

These guys are failing trials in Bulgaria and ending up in places like Finland and you want to poison SE with this kind of quality.

Any young players of quality will be snapped up. If you are still playing in Nigeria in your mid 20's then there is no hope for you. You are not good enough.

Musa was 17 or 18 when he was snapped up and went to Holland.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:
highbury wrote:I am disturbed that Rohr is searching for players in all corners of the earth. Are you telling me we don't have great players in the Nigerian league? I refuse to believe that there isn't

These guys are failing trials in Bulgaria and ending up in places like Finland and you want to poison SE with this kind of quality.

Any young players of quality will be snapped up. If you are still playing in Nigeria in your mid 20's then there is no hope for you. You are not good enough.

That is a damnn lie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

That is a damnn lie!
Bro, then you need to point out such players cos we all need to know them.
No point speculating or "refusing to believe" they don't exist.
Name names. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

That is a damnn lie!
Bro, then you need to point out such players cos we all need to know them.
No point speculating or "refusing to believe" they don't exist.
Name names. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

If they were any good, they will be playing in Europe already! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Care to check African Champions league and Confederation cup to see how our teams are doing?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

That is a damnn lie!
How is that a lie? Why are simple things difficult for some of you to get? Why would a good player in his mid 20s still be playing in Nigeria. Can you tell us one reason why this will be possible. Even half baked Nigerian players are rushing out to all manner of countries and you want us to believe that quality players good enough for the super eagles are still there. I don't get it.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

How old was Sunday Mba before he broke into the SE?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote:How old was Sunday Mba before he broke into the SE?

Where is Sunday today ? Why did he dissapear so quickly from SE ? How did Sunday Mba help us at the Confederations cup ?

He was a flash in the pan.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

You guys really need to worry about the apparent strategy of making the Super Eagles a composition of mostly Diaspora-born players. We have seen some quality ones, but, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the Nigerian team is better off structured on a foundation of quality players that started in Nigeria and are doing well in Europe. We have a decidedly Nigerian way of playing and a certain culture that can't be taught in European academies. Little wonder our best players at the World Cup were Ahmed Musa, Wilfred Ndidi , Oghene Etebo and Kenneth Omeruo. Musa and Omeruo made the match day team of the day at the World Cup after the Iceland game. Etebo was acknowledged the best player against Croatia. Ndidi was a beast in all three games. They share one trait: they all started in Nigeria. If we invite any foreign born player, he should be of a higher quality than players we already have in similar positions. Opening the doors to rejects of European countries is not the way to succeed.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Obong wrote:You guys really need to worry about the apparent strategy of making the Super Eagles a composition of mostly Diaspora-born players. We have seen some quality ones, but, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the Nigerian team is better off structured on a foundation of quality players that started in Nigeria and are doing well in Europe. We have a decidedly Nigerian way of playing and a certain culture that can't be taught in European academies. Little wonder our best players at the World Cup were Ahmed Musa, Wilfred Ndidi , Oghene Etebo and Kenneth Omeruo. Musa and Omeruo made the match day team of the day at the World Cup after the Iceland game. Etebo was acknowledged the best player against Croatia. Ndidi was a beast in all three games. They share one trait: they all started in Nigeria. If we invite any foreign born player, he should be of a higher quality than players we already have in similar positions. Opening the doors to rejects of European countries is not the way to succeed.

Kpom! Maintaining our identity and a distinct style of play is very Important. Most of the internet Nigerians posting rubbish here , who themselves have probably never stepped foot in Nigeria wont understand. The likes of Balogun and Troost get a pass because we don’t have options but Danjuma hasn’t proven nothing so far.
OCCUPY NFF!!