AHMED MUSA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AHMED MUSA

Post by Tbite »

Of course it was a bad decision, as was Mikel's decision to go to China.

Mikel messed up damn.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tbite wrote:huseless league.
Wait a minute, bro. If Musa scored because it was a useless league, did he also score in the World Cup because it was a useless tournament?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Enugu II wrote:
Wait a minute, bro. If Musa scored because it was a useless league, did he also score in the World Cup because it was a useless tournament?
My point being that when you have the talent of Mikel, and Musa to a lesser extent and you are not of retirement age, it is a huge loss to Nigeria (which is not exactly France or Belgium). These players (yes even Mikel) were still in their prime! Mikel's game was NEVER built on speed, and for a DM, he might as well have been 24 or 25 when he left for Tiajin. There is no way he shouldn't have been able to play in the top flight of a top 5 European league.

I mean where do we draw the line then? What if Martins left for some Retirement league in the middle of his time at Inter and then said "well you never know with football, you can lose it all, you can get injured". When it is all said and done, these players ARE NOT at the retirement age. Today it is 28 or 25, tomorrow it will be 22, then it will be 18, then 16... :rotf: :rotf:

They are in their prime and they are going off the cliff? Even if you are a Mikel and you somehow manage to put in work for Nigeria - is that good enough? Mikel could EASILY have progressed when he left Chelsea. He is a DM for crying out loud, many of them age like fine wine! Same with Musa, even if he scores another brace in 2022, I will ask, could it have been two braces?

KSA WILL not help his career, not that Leicester did, but that's besides the point.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Even Chinedu Obasi was still landing excellent moves, and he is one of the most injury plagued players in Nigerian history!

Bobo was still putting in that work! I am not saying he shouldn't have cashed out, maybe HE should have, but the point is you can't live your life expecting the worst in your prime.

The only retirement move that made sense to me is Ighalo, dude obviously knew he was overrated.

Peter Utaka, dude was young and fresh....off the cliff.

Even Obafemi Martins who is one of my favourite players, probably went to the MLS about 2 years too early, dude still had 1 or 2 good European years in him.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Tbite wrote:Of course it was a bad decision, as was Mikel's decision to go to China.

Mikel messed up damn.
Mikel has always chosen the easiest resistant pathway.
Last edited by bully12 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wale1974 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Why didn't it work out at Leicester?
Ask Goggle :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

So happy for Musa! Our local champion is excelling.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Way to make a positive career move, Ahmed. He looks strong and is making the best of this move. I'm happy for Ahmed Musa.

Playing like this, he should be back in Europe within the next two seasons.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I don’t know what else this guy will do to get his deservedly praise like why do people hate Musa here? Is it from his tribe? Religion? Or what but it has to stop. People have already started questioning the toughness of the league instead of appreciating the actual goals. Is there any level bugger than the World Cup?? If a player has proven himself at the biggest level in soccer (World Cup) then tell me what else he/she needs to do to get his rightful praise?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I can't praise mediocrity.

He should be playing in a tough league against top competition. He has made a good move for himself financially. The criticism is fair.

I can't recall Musa ever scoring a hattrick in the EPL or even the Russian league.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Those were 3 sublime finishes!! Gotta love the Arabic commentary.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Asamoah Gyan performed at very high level for Ghana while playing in the Gulf league.. Moving from a £40kpw(gross) to £200kpw (nett) in the Gulf league.. For me, as long they still perform at NT level, no issue, no brainer, we give them a chance and still increase our player base.. The Super Eagles coaches, have a narrow base to select players, because we always look for Foreign based unlike in Spain or England, where anyone good enough to play first team football in the league and perfoms well would be given a chance at the National level..
afc##
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei all the goals Musa dey score nah fine fine goals :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

chuks69 wrote:Asamoah Gyan performed at very high level for Ghana while playing in the Gulf league.. Moving from a £40kpw(gross) to £200kpw (nett) in the Gulf league.. For me, as long they still perform at NT level, no issue, no brainer, we give them a chance and still increase our player base.. The Super Eagles coaches, have a narrow base to select players, because we always look for Foreign based unlike in Spain or England, where anyone good enough to play first team football in the league and perfoms well would be given a chance at the National level..
How many Afcon has Ghana won with Gyan? Nigeria is not Ghana.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Beautiful goals!!!
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Enugu II wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So he had to go to go a Arabia to score his first career hattrick.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

john12 wrote:I don’t know what else this guy will do to get his deservedly praise like why do people hate Musa here? Is it from his tribe? Religion? Or what but it has to stop. People have already started questioning the toughness of the league instead of appreciating the actual goals. Is there any level bugger than the World Cup?? If a player has proven himself at the biggest level in soccer (World Cup) then tell me what else he/she needs to do to get his rightful praise?
Yes he is a proven player who didn’t want to further his career amoungst the best and went to Arabia for the money,his decision is fine and final but sooner or later Nigeria will need to understand that he wont be able to repeat what he’s doing against Arabs at the highest level as competition breeds winners and scoring against the sheiks nephews doesn’t make you a world beater.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

I remember a few years back when Musa played for cska, they lost at home to sparta prague in a final champions league qualifier and it look all doom and gloom but in the 2nd leg Musa destroyed Sparta and qualified his team for the champion league proper....... legend
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mapet wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ohenhen1 wrote:I can't praise mediocrity.

He should be playing in a tough league against top competition. He has made a good move for himself financially. The criticism is fair.

I can't recall Musa ever scoring a hattrick in the EPL or even the Russian league.
Argentina and Iceland :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

chuks69 wrote:Asamoah Gyan performed at very high level for Ghana while playing in the Gulf league.. Moving from a £40kpw(gross) to £200kpw (nett) in the Gulf league.. For me, as long they still perform at NT level, no issue, no brainer, we give them a chance and still increase our player base.. The Super Eagles coaches, have a narrow base to select players, because we always look for Foreign based unlike in Spain or England, where anyone good enough to play first team football in the league and perfoms well would be given a chance at the National level..
why are you bringing sense into this convo?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: