AHMED MUSA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

miky
Egg
Egg
Re: AHMED MUSA

Post by miky »

Musa is a Nigerian Legend in the making!! and he will still be available for at least 2 more world cups

[/video]
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

As SE fans, the pay cheques of our players is not our concern. We do not get a share of it. It's for the players and their families.
Let's focus on what concerns us as fans, I.e. the impact of our players moves on the SE. If a Nigerian player signs for Barcelona or Real Madrid, we would be excited because of the impacof that transfer on the fortunes of the SE. Ditto if a player like Musa leaves the EPL for Saudi Arabia, fans will be concerned.
My take is that the Saudi offer was too good to turn down and Musa will be back in Europe within 2 seasons. Even European players do it, Axel Witsel of Belgium is an example.
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He has scored 16 goals in 74 games. That is not a good goal ratio. I don't see Musa breaking Yekini record. Maybe end up in 2nd place ahead of Segun Odegbami.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:He has scored 16 goals in 74 games. That is not a good goal ratio. I don't see Musa breaking Yekini record. Maybe end up in 2nd place ahead of Segun Odegbami.
That's a goal ration of 0.22, a far cry from Odegbami's ratio, talk less Yekini's
Odegbami scored 22 goals in 47 SE appearance, a goal ratio of 0.47

Yekini scored 38 goals in 57 appearances for Nigeria.
That's a goal ratio of 0.67.
In short, he scored two goals in every three games he played for the country.

By comparison with other African greats, George Weah scored 22 goals in 60 appearances for Liberia (goal ratio 0.37) and Samuel Etoo scored 58 goals in 118 appearances for Cameroun (goal ratio 0.47).

The good thing about Musa though is that he is still young and still has many years to play.
Which means he is already within striking distance (forgive the pun) of Odegbami's 22 goals and Aiyegbeni's 21.

He could also easily break the 100 caps mark :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

Do you work for Apple, Google or any of the top 30 companies in the world by financial statement?

If yes - Congrats , if no, then your decision is no different than Musa's. You go where you will play, be loved and more importantly where you will get paid.

Saudi ticked the boxes for Musa and he is enjoying himself. Long may it continue.
ohenhen1 wrote:I can't praise mediocrity.

He should be playing in a tough league against top competition. He has made a good move for himself financially. The criticism is fair.

I can't recall Musa ever scoring a hattrick in the EPL or even the Russian league.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He has scored 16 goals in 74 games. That is not a good goal ratio. I don't see Musa breaking Yekini record. Maybe end up in 2nd place ahead of Segun Odegbami.
That's a goal ration of 0.22, a far cry from Odegbami's ratio, talk less Yekini's
Odegbami scored 22 goals in 47 SE appearance, a goal ratio of 0.47

Yekini scored 38 goals in 57 appearances for Nigeria.
That's a goal ratio of 0.67.
In short, he scored two goals in every three games he played for the country.

By comparison with other African greats, George Weah scored 22 goals in 60 appearances for Liberia (goal ratio 0.37) and Samuel Etoo scored 58 goals in 118 appearances for Cameroun (goal ratio 0.47).

The good thing about Musa though is that he is still young and still has many years to play.
Which means he is already within striking distance (forgive the pun) of Odegbami's 22 goals and Aiyegbeni's 21.

He could also easily break the 100 caps mark :idea:
He has no margin for error. If he has a couple of bad games for Nigeria. He will be benched. Musa problem is he is not consistent.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

wale1974 wrote:
osita wrote:As a striker, but as a winger in SE
The man plays better as a striker, check his stats at Kano Pillars, Venlo and CSKA.
My point, we have a clueless manger
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Osita SFTU IF there was anyone that believes in Musa talent then its his present coach (rohr) definitely not a clueless manager