Outstanding Ebere Eze Scores Again, Wins Man Of The Match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

Nigerian wonderkid Ebere Eze was in scintillating form as QPR extended their unbeaten run with a win against Millwall in the Championship on Wednesday night

The 20 year old scored QPRs 2nd goal and his 3rd of the current campaign as the Rs made five games unbeaten as they saw off London rivals Millwall at Loftus Road . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/outstandi ... man-match/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Outstanding Ebere Eze Scores Again, Wins Man Of The Matc

Post by Damunk »

If this 20-year-old kid is truly able to both outplay as well as bully players in that hard Championship league as it appears, then he is truly special.
If he is not on the England radar already, it is only because he is in The Championship and not yet the Premiership. That combination of skill and power nor be beans.

The boy is good. And to be honest, if there is anything like the "Nigerian style' as some claim, he plays it.
He plays with the freedom and expression of all those boys in our U17 teams.

Take a look for yourself wedda I lie.

[/video]

Reminds me of Iwobi but a lot more aggressive. Let's bet, a top Premiership team is snapping this boy up by the end of the season.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

What about the midfielder in the Spanish second division, to me looks more ready and a different prospect than these guys.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:What about the midfielder in the Spanish second division, to me looks more ready and a different prospect than these guys.
James Igbekeme?

[/video]
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Damunk wrote:If this 20-year-old kid is truly able to both outplay as well as bully players in that hard Championship league as it appears, then he is truly special.
If he is not on the England radar already, it is only because he is in The Championship and not yet the Premiership. That combination of skill and power nor be beans.

The boy is good. And to be honest, if there is anything like the "Nigerian style' as some claim, he plays it.

[/video]

Reminds me of Iwobi but a lot more aggressive. Let's bet, a top Premiership team is snapping this boy up by the end of the season.

He reminds me of Dimeji Lawal of the 1989 World Youth Championship with his dribbles, deft touches and dazzling runs down the wings. He is a very good passer, but he definitely needs to improve his shooting skills. He has the characteristics of a world-class player. What the hell is he doing in Championship league? I like him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

iworo wrote:
Damunk wrote:If this 20-year-old kid is truly able to both outplay as well as bully players in that hard Championship league as it appears, then he is truly special.

[/video]

He reminds me of Dimeji Lawal of the 1989 World Youth Championship with his dribbles, deft touches and dazzling runs down the wings. He is a very good passer, but he definitely needs to improve his shooting skills. He has the characteristics of a world-class player. What the hell is he doing in Championship league? I like him.
A yet-to-be-discovered gem that hasn't come through the elite youth ranks.
He hasn't been noticed by any of the English national youth teams, but that day is fast approaching.
If we are serious, we need to get in there fast.
He's what most might regard as a 'late bloomer'.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

We have so few options legitimate options at AM that it would be crazy not to invite him. As long as he's decided he wants to represent Nigeria.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Rohr should invite both Eze and Igbekeme for the next friendlies. If Rohr is not going to play Iwobi as an AM then he needs to try other alternatives. I don't ever want to see Mikel and Kelechi in the AM role again for the SE.

To be fair to Mikel he did ok in the AM role against average opposition like Algeria and Cameroun. His struggles in the AM role have typically been against quality teams or teams that are very disciplined and organized defensively.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

All these scintillating highlights that usually amount to nothing . I once recalled the highlight of Ogu presented by Patrick everybody in this forum started yearning and clamouring for him unfortunately when he made his highly anticipated debut he was totally opposite. Thus I will advise we take this Eberechi Eze's highlight with high dose of salt.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

QPR star Eberechi Eze shows why Premier League clubs are circling as he shines in win over Millwall

Eberechi Eze on Wednesday showed he is one of the most exciting young English talents outside the Premier League on a night when QPR left Millwall in their wake.

The 20-year-old forward played a starring role and scored as Rangers continued their turnaround under Steve McClaren.

Eze, who was released by Millwall two years ago, looks a bright prospect and it is easy to see why a host of top-flight clubs are monitoring his progress.

Scouts from Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool and Crystal Palace are believed to have watched him and any one of them at Loftus Road on Wednesday would have been impressed.

Playing in the No10 role, Eze sought the ball in intelligent positions, carried at speed, ghosted past defenders and brought others into the game. He still has plenty of room for development, but already has a good understanding of the game.

Former Rangers striker Jamie Mackie has no doubt that he has a bright future.

“He has got undoubted quality,” said Mackie, who was at QPR with Eze last season and was a pundit on Sky Sports last night. “The manager and people at the club are going to try their best to keep his feet on the ground. Knowing him, they will not have to do that.

“He has a great attitude. He just wants to play football and achieve what I believe he can. I believe he can go really, really far.”

McClaren was keen to stress that Eze still has a lot of work on.

“He has a long way to go, but he is definitely a talent,” said the Rangers boss. “We need to add discipline and work-rate to his game. He is showing that and he is getting the reward with his performances.

“He is a talented player, but talent alone is nothing — you have to work hard and we have told him that. He has got to be disciplined and do a job for the team.”

QPR have turned things around after losing their first four games and they are now unbeaten in four matches and just three points outside the play-off places.

Millwall, meanwhile, continue to struggle and are just one point above the relegation zone.

Lions captain Steve Morison said: “Everyone knows it is not good enough. It is only us who are going to put it right and we need to do that quickly.

“I said in pre-season this was going to be a tougher season than last year, that we are going to be in a relegation fight and getting to 50 points is our aim. That is still our aim.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 41201.html
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Spurs, Chelsea watching QPR striker Eberechi Eze
by Paul Vegas

QQPR striker Eberechi Eze is being tracked by Premier League clubs.

The London Evening Standard says Eze, who was released by Millwall two years ago, looks a bright prospect and it is easy to see why a host of top-flight clubs are monitoring his progress.

Scouts from Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool and Crystal Palace are believed to have watched him.

And he starred for the Rs in their win over former club Millwall last night.

“He has a long way to go, but he is definitely a talent," said Rs boss Steve McClaren. “We need to add discipline and work-rate to his game. He is showing that and he is getting the reward with his performances."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... J8IvI3e.99
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:What about the midfielder in the Spanish second division, to me looks more ready and a different prospect than these guys.
James Igbekeme?

[/video]
They are both good players :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

£10M HAS TO BE THE STARTING POINT’ – HOW MUCH SHOULD QPR ASK FOR IN DEMAND MIDFIELDER? THE VERDICT

Queens Park Rangers have had an impressive resurgence over recent weeks and midfielder Ebere Eze has been one of the standout men during that time.

The 20-year-old has impressed and dazzled with his quick feet, impressive passing and goalscoring record.

He bagged his third of the season on Wednesday as QPR made it three wins out of their last four games with one draw against Birmingham wedged in there as well.

It was revealed today that, as is inevitably the case, that some of the Premier League big boys had begun sniffing around the youngster, with the Evening Standard revealing that Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Manchester City and Crystal Palace are all interested in signing him.

But how much should QPR accept for the midfielder?

We discuss…

Alfie Burns

Eze is thriving at QPR, with the forward impressing in the system Steve McClaren is opting for.

Obviously, he’s worth a significant transfer fee, but to QPR, he is worth more than the money, as he’s their future.

If one of the ‘big six’ coming knocking, it will be hard for QPR to keep Eye on board, though. If that situation presents itself, the R’s need to be looking for £10m+.

George Harbey

Should Eze continue his fine form in the Championship, then there is no reason why QPR should reject no less than £8-£10million for him.

I do think, however, that QPR’s position in the table could have an effect on Eze’s price tag, McClaren would be much more reluctant to sell if the R’s are fighting towards the bottom end of the Championship come January.

Chris Gallagher

You’d have to say £10-15m.

Even though he hasn’t yet played a full season in the Championship, the talent is there for all to see.

Eze could go on to be a star in the Premier League and QPR should be able to get a good fee for the youngster when he moves on, which seems inevitable.

George Dagless

He’s a good player so they’ll want a fair bit.

He’s got the potential to become a Premier League star for sure, he just needs to keep at it.

With that in mind, the R’s should try and push the clubs to pay up – perhaps £6m or £7m.

Gary Hutchinson

If they start selling off the crown jewels, they’re in trouble.

If a Premier League side wants him, it has to be £10m as a starting point, just to get McClaren to pick up the phone, but it is a road to ruin for the former England man.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/10m-h ... e-verdict/
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

HIGHLIGHTS | QPR 2, MILLWALL 0 - 19/09/18
[/video]
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

QPR Teen Wonder Ebere Eze Happy To Train With Super Eagles In London, Reveals His State Of Origin

March 29, 2017

Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina, and Eberechi Eze in Super Eagles camp in London

Queens Park Rangers (QPR) highly rated Anglo-Nigerian teen Ebere Eze has spoken out on the joy of training with the Super Eagles of Nigeria in London.

Eze was among the group of players called up by coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr following the cancellation of the proposed friendly tie against Burkina Faso.

He played in the practice game organised by the coach after the cancellation of the Burkina Faso friendly, and after the game spoke with our correspondent on the touchline.

” I feel so happy, words can’t clearly express my feelings. My parents are from Imo State, Mbaise precisely and they are very happy for me”, Eze told Michael James in London.

” I hope to play more for the team in subsequent games, but I also know I have to play for my team to be considered worthy enough for a spot in the team. For me the hardwork starts now”.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/29/q ... of-origin/
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

QPR Super Eagles Trainee Ebere Eze Passes Audition For Super Eagles Number 10 Role

April 2, 2018

The performance of QPR 19 year old midfielder Ebere Eze has caught the attention of coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Eze trained with the Super Eagles last year during their training camp in England, and even took part in a training game arranged by coach Rohr following the cancellation of an earlier arranged friendly game.

Rohr was impressed with his creativity and flair, and asked his scouts to keep a close eye on the former Millwall teen prospect who returned back to the club after a short term loan with Wycombe Wanderers.

Since returning to QPR he has cemented his spot in the first team, and earlier today he scored his second goal of the season for QPR in their 4-1 win over Norwich City to take his season tally to seven, after netting five times during his time on loan at Wycombe Wanderers.

His performance since returning back to QPR has been closely monitored by the handlers of the senior national team of Nigeria, particularly because he operates from the number ten role where Super Eagles are still short of options.

So far nothing is certain about his inclusion in Nigeria’s 35 man provisional squad for the World Cup, which is due to be released in May ahead of the naming of the final squad for the showpiece in Russia in July.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/02/q ... r-10-role/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Anything written by 'Michael James' is probably a figment of imagination.
I don't think he exists.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

I don't believe until AYO and Ohehen have him on their list :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

There is serious buzz over Eze, Pinnic should ensure we cap him at least. Then close that door to England. That is how some numpties here where saying why should Dele Ali a league one player be caped by Nigeria. Talent doesn’t lie, when all manner of scouts start flocking, we need to take it serious.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

More hype:
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ch-the-top
Does QPR starlet Ebere Eze have what it takes to reach the top?
QPR host Norwich on Sky Sports Football on Saturday, live from 5.15pm
Last Updated: 21/09/18 11:57am

Ebere Eze is turning heads for QPR in the Sky Bet Championship. How good is he? What's he like to work with? How does he compare to Raheem Sterling? We get the inside track from former assistant manager Marc Bircham...

"He goes past players easier than Raheem Sterling did. Sterling would beat players with pace or do a trick or a chop - it's all dynamic movements, but Ebere Eze just glides past players."

Marc Bircham knows a talent when he sees one.

The former QPR assistant manager and youth team coach was part of the set-up that helped bring Sterling through the ranks in west London. However, Sterling never made a first-team appearance for the R's as Liverpool swooped when he was just 15-years-old. The rest is history..

However, after decades of neglecting the option of youth - in 15 years QPR only produced Richard Langley, Marcus Bean and Sterling - there is a new-found willingness up west to give youth a chance.

And some of the kids are alright.

At the forefront of this crop is Eberechi Eze - a unique playmaking talent that was discarded by Millwall at 18 years old. He was deemed a luxury by the Lions but QPR have embraced his talents.

This is a club that relishes and understands the patience required when watching a maverick at work. Stan Bowles, Rodney Marsh, Roy Wegerle and Adel Taarabt all were indulged at Loftus Road. They sparkled on that stage.

"He’s exciting when he gets the ball. As he’s both footed, he can go both ways past people." - Bircham on Eze

Eze has the same eye for finding space in the pocket as the four above. The 20-year-old has started every game for QPR this season, scoring his third goal of the campaign against his former employers Millwall on Wednesday night.

Playing just off the lone striker, Eze was the link man for everything positive QPR conjured up in their comfortable 2-0 victory. He got his goal and produced some inventive passing, including a mesmerising back-heel that sent Massimo Luongo through one-on-one. He's doing the sacred QPR No 10 shirt proud.

It was his second man-of-the-match display in four days following on from his classy showing in the 2-1 win at Bolton, where he netted a fine left-footed strike. He'll be looking to make it three-from-three when QPR host Norwich on Saturday, live on Sky Sports at 5.15pm.

After a shaky start to the campaign, which included a 7-1 drubbing at West Brom, QPR have taken seven points from their last three games. With excitement around Eze's development, the buzz is back at Loftus Road after a murky pre-season picture with the somewhat harsh removal of Ian Holloway and appointment of Steve McClaren as boss.

Bircham was Holloway's assistant during their 18-month spell and took the tough decision - being a QPR man through and through - to walk away from a role at the club in order to allow McClaren a fresh start with his staff. Bircham worked closely with Eze, whose talent in training caught the eye of Holloway within the first few weeks of him taking the job.

Just two months later, Eze was handed his full debut against Blackburn in the FA Cup in January, but sustained an injury after just 15 minutes. A spell on the sidelines followed but an impressive period on loan at Wycombe made him more streetwise and he returned to QPR in the second half of last season, making 14 appearances and showing glimpses of his natural talent with the ball at his feet.

"In terms of his natural ability, he's up there with one of the best I've seen," Bircham told Sky Sports.
"He's exciting when he gets the ball. As he's both footed, he can go both ways past people. He gets you off your seat. If he keeps getting the ball in dangerous areas, something will happen."

Possessing the required talent to burst into a Sky Bet Championship first-team is all well and good but for longevity, players need to show mental steel, especially under the watch of Holloway and Bircham - two former pros that built their careers on hard work, graft and never backing down.

Bircham is keen on developing players' characteristics off the field to provide them with the best opportunity to make it as a professional footballer in what is a ruthless industry. He admits many young players possess the ability but lack the required attitude.

Eze isn't one of them.
"Everyone can play well when confidence is flowing, but it's about being brave when things aren't going your way," Bircham says, before explaining why he thinks Eze has the tools to reach the top.
"We played Brentford in the Carabao Cup and we made loads of changes.
"I think Eze felt he deserved to play but Ollie [Ian Holloway] dropped him as in previous appearances he wasn't showing what he could do and producing the required end product. He was disappointed.

"The next day the U23s played a very good Southampton team away from home. I went down to watch him, purely to take a look at his attitude. Most youngsters in that scenario would sulk and play as if that game was beneath them. Not Eze - it was probably the best game I've seen him play.

"He was outstanding - the best player on the pitch, head and shoulders above all of the Premier League academy lads playing for Southampton.

"Once I saw how he reacted after that disappointment, I went back to Ollie and said, 'He's got a great chance of making it at the highest level'."
So, you can put a big tick in the box for talent and mental toughness - but what else does Bircham think makes Eze stand out from the crowd?

One word crops up a lot in our conversation: 'Coachability'.
"He's a very intelligent lad - he can actually talk, which is nice. Most young lads are just texting and WhatsApping," Bircham admits.

"It's sad to say but just being able to talk to people is an art-form these days for a young player. Eze can go as far as he wants if he keeps talking, listening and learning."

Bircham recalls another example of Eze's capabilities to listen and learn. After a sticky run of results, he called Eze and another young QPR talent Bright Osayi-Samuel into his office after they both flattered to deceive in a couple of substitute appearances against Bristol City and Sheffield United.
He said: "I looked at the stats after the game and they had one cross between them and no shots. They were playing sideways and backwards. I said: 'Why are you playing like a central midfielder? You had no shots or crosses, I could have done that'.

"I wanted to really get into them, but shouting at youngsters these days doesn't work. So, I gave them the disappointed dad telling off. I think my words helped. The next time he came off the bench, the first thing he did was have a shot. That showed me he can take information on board. If I had his talent, I'd never pass it!"

Eze is certainly shooting this season.
Bircham - still a regular visitor to Loftus Road - wants to see the youngster maintain the levels he has hit over the past month. Flamboyant performances and moments of brilliance no doubt keep the social media team happy at QPR but goals and assists are what will define Eze - his scruffy finish against Millwall certainly shows signs of life in that department.

With that in mind, inevitably, our chat turns to whether QPR can keep hold of their shining light.
QPR played a bit of a blinder to convince Eze, who was subject of strong interest from elsewhere, to put pen to paper on a new contract, keeping him at Loftus Road until 2021.

James Maddison - starring in a similar role for Norwich last season - fetched £24m in the summer while £30m was touted for playmaker Jack Grealish amid serious intent to buy from Tottenham. With the market as it is, QPR, who are of course under significant financial restraints after being hit by a settlement of almost £42m for breaching Financial Fair Play rules, could have a golden ticket on their hands.

Bircham admits the vultures have already been circling.
"Premier League clubs were looking at him, they'd ring me up to get references about him and to see what his personality was like," he says. "He hasn't got a chip on his shoulder. He loves his football and wants to get better." The Loftus Road locals were robbed of the opportunity to see Sterling progress up close - but they may just have another star on their hands.

Instead of watching from afar, they can enjoy the ride with this one.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

This hype na wa o! Hope we have the boy locked down!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Maceo no be hype o, anybody that has been following the kids game will know he is a massive talent, the championship is just too easy for him. It's a very good thing he declared his intention to play for Nigeria and was even invited last year to train with the SE players ahead of a friendly match. Once we poach Eze, Lookman, Danjuma, and Ovie Ejaria... then we will have a very interesting generation right before us.