BREAKING!!! – Amaju Pinnick Re-Elected As President Of NFF

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING!!! – Amaju Pinnick Re-Elected As President Of N

Post by Enugu II »

IMO, I think Pinnick was the best of the candidates on the ballot. But that is not to state that he is some magical solution to our problems. There is still a lot to do to be frank. I would rather it is him at the helm than Maigari or Ogunjobi who were both very dependent on government funds. Worse still, there were numerous conflicts of interest under Ogunjobi's rule.

Amaju may not be clean but his use of a reputed auditor for the NFF is comforting. Additionally, he has by far outstripped ANY PREVIOUS NFF President in making Nigeria politically present in both CAF and FIFA. That is, folks, absolutely important. He has also moved into attracting sponsorships to the NFF in an unprecedented level. He also has innovated. He has moved to seek foreign-based players eligible to play for Nigeria at unprecedented levels. Those are accomplishments.

What, however, are problematic under him is that administration of the NFF in terms of transparency and efficiency can be questioned in some areas. For instance., nothing still has happened in terms of dealing with those who botched Shehu Abdullahi's eligibility in that WC qualifier in Algeria. Then the recent question about a U!7 player with an expired passport at the recent WAFU B tournament was under his watch. These administrative lapses are problems. Those are just a few examples.

One hopes that he can focus on correcting those lapses but for me his goals in this new term should be as follows in order of importance:

1. Seek financial independence of the NFF through increased sponsorships.
2. Seek abrogation of NFA that has been long delayed in the National Assembly.
3. Work to improve the local league, particularly strengthening the idea of academies linked to the clubs, stronger officiating in the league, reliability in compensation of local football labor.
4. There are then a list of other issues.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote:IMO, I think Pinnick was the best of the candidates on the ballot. But that is not to state that he is some magical solution to our problems. There is still a lot to do to be frank. I would rather it is him at the helm than Maigari or Ogunjobi who were both very dependent on government funds. Worse still, there were numerous conflicts of interest under Ogunjobi's rule.

Amaju may not be clean but his use of a reputed auditor for the NFF is comforting. Additionally, he has by far outstripped ANY PREVIOUS NFF President in making Nigeria politically present in both CAF and FIFA. That is, folks, absolutely important. He has also moved into attracting sponsorships to the NFF in an unprecedented level. He also has innovated. He has moved to seek foreign-based players eligible to play for Nigeria at unprecedented levels. Those are accomplishments.

What, however, are problematic under him is that administration of the NFF in terms of transparency and efficiency can be questioned in some areas. For instance., nothing still has happened in terms of dealing with those who botched Shehu Abdullahi's eligibility in that WC qualifier in Algeria. Then the recent question about a U!7 player with an expired passport at the recent WAFU B tournament was under his watch. These administrative lapses are problems. Those are just a few examples.

One hopes that he can focus on correcting those lapses but for me his goals in this new term should be as follows in order of importance:

3. Work to improve the local league, particularly strengthening the idea of academies linked to the clubs, stronger officiating in the league, reliability in compensation of local football labor.
Abeg find something else to complain about jare. In a country where pipe borne water is still foreign you're complaining about Shehu's eligibility. Abeg, name a NFF chair that has done more than Pinnick in the history of our football administration. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:IMO, I think Pinnick was the best of the candidates on the ballot. But that is not to state that he is some magical solution to our problems. There is still a lot to do to be frank. I would rather it is him at the helm than Maigari or Ogunjobi who were both very dependent on government funds. Worse still, there were numerous conflicts of interest under Ogunjobi's rule.

I concur
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Nonsense! Aminu Maigari is ten times better than Pinnick. We won every thing under Maigari expect for World and Conferation Cups.
Nigerians will type any crap and believe in it... :roll:

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Abeg find something else to complain about jare. In a country where pipe borne water is still foreign you're complaining about Shehu's eligibility. Abeg, name a NFF chair that has done more than Pinnick in the history of our football administration. :roll:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Emir,...There is nothing wrong with pointing out areas for improvement. Even Pinnick himself will admit there is significant room for improvement. Its in everyone's interest to maintain a healthy critic of Pinnick. Without constructive criticism like above, people in position of power can get complacent or even worse,...corrupt.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

asabatex,

I believe that administrators should be judged by other indices such as creating an environment for long term success of the organization and on vision over a long period. Those are more appropriate indices for an NFF President.

You seem to judge the NFF President by the same indices a coach will be judged. Soon enough we will also judge him by if he has scored a goal for Nigeria.

asabatex wrote:Nonsense! Aminu Maigari is ten times better than Pinnick. We won every thing under Maigari expect for World and Conferation Cups.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

1naija always ahead of the pack.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=255760&hilit=pinnick
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II, I am impressed with the 'spin' employed to highlight Pinnick's some called achievements. The claim that NFF employed a reputed auditor, which auditor (I hope it's not the same company that were banned in India for two years, or the other one banned in South Africa and fined by the UK regulator) More importantly have you seen or read the so called audited accounts? If not, take it with a shovel of salt (apologies Ohsee).
Additionally, he has by far outstripped ANY PREVIOUS NFF President in making Nigeria politically present in both CAF and FIFA.
I remember a certain individual called Oyo -Orok - Oyo in CAF. Let's not make it as if Pinnick is the first Nigeria to reach a top position in CAF. in FIFA, Pinnick as much as influence that Amos Amadu did via Hayatou and Blatter. These are historically facts, that should not be swept under the carpet. Nigeria was politically present in both CAF and FIFA before Pinnick, yes influence was lost when Oyo -Orok-Oyo retired and the Amos Amadu scandal.

He has also moved into attracting sponsorships to the NFF in an unprecedented level.
We keep hearing this attracting sponsorship, with the so called 'sponsorship'.. Pinnick by his own admission said the Govt funds all the national teams competition. Please where is all the so-called sponsorship money going in it? Let's not forget in a hurry the 'dodgy' Nike contract signed by Pinnick and the how much did the NFF make from the sold out Nike jersey's? so much for his Financial acumen.
He has moved to seek foreign-based players eligible to play for Nigeria at unprecedented levels.
This is wonderful, right. However, when it's probed further... We have been reduced to players in the 2nd and 3rd Division leagues and a situation whereby Home based players don't make the squad anymore barring Ezinwa. And please let's not go into the League and Home based players.

I have congratulated him on his victory, but let's not put 'spin' on his 'failed' first term.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

We won the AFCON because of Keshi, not Maigari. In fact, Maigari did everything in his power to frustrate Keshi but Keshi gained a lot of political clout after winning the AFCON and there was nothing Maigari could do.

Maigari's administration was littered with embarrassments like:
- The treatment of Keshi during the 2013 AFCON that led to his resignation immediately after. Even before we could celebrate the win it already created a crisis that needed the intervention of the President to resolve.
- Money protest and SE players looking to boycott Confed cup. Maigari had no answers and allowed it to escalate into an international embarrassment for Nigeria and FIFA. FIFA had to intervene and resolve the issue by promising them part of the Confed funds to be paid to Nigeria.
- World cup money protest and players looking to boycott next game. Again, Maigari had no answers and allowed it to escalate into a crisis that needed the intervention of GEJ to resolve.

Can you see a pattern there? A problem would arise with the administration of the team and Maigari would have no answers. Each time he allowed it to escalate into a crisis and an international embarrassment for Nigeria. We thought we had left the Galadima days behind but Maigari was determined to turn the clocks back. This was why he was pushed out.

asabatex wrote:Nonsense! Aminu Maigari is ten times better than Pinnick. We won every thing under Maigari expect for World and Conferation Cups.

"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

But after all that the federation was broke, going cap-in-hand to government. Imagine the Super Eagles were African Champions under Maigari plus World Cup qualification but still could not market them. See the difference now. Whether you like to agree or not Pinnick is laying a very solid foundation for Nigerian Football to blossom, this is what most people see when they applaud him not the results. We are even now seeing improvements on the playing field as both youth teams have qualified for their continental championships, Enyimba seem to be on their way to a continental semi final(the first time in over 4 years), the Super Eagles seem to be building on their World Cup experience, the Super Falcons seem to have the best crop of players currently assembled. We can only see a better 4 years than the one before as this board consolidates.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Talk is cheap and it won’t cost you anything to list all of Pinnick’s real and imaginary achievements :!:

Cheers.