We need to start seeing Ejiara as a legitimate MF contender

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

icee
Egg
Egg
We need to start seeing Ejiara as a legitimate MF contender

Post by icee »

Ovie Ejiara is currently injured but I've been following him like 3 years. I think he's ready to be seriously considered on the list of SE MF. Yes he plays in Scotland but so did VVD - http://ht.ly/bmzR30lSP5A
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: We need to start seeing Ejiara as a legitimate MF conten

Post by Damunk »

icee wrote:Ovie Ejiara is currently injured but I've been following him like 3 years. I think he's ready to be seriously considered on the list of SE MF. Yes he plays in Scotland but so did VVD - http://ht.ly/bmzR30lSP5A
I think Ebere Eze might be a genuine threat.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Olympic team would be a good start for the boy :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Olympic team would be a good start for the boy :thumb:

True but won't limit it to Olympic team if a good opportunity arises e.g Mikel not able to play a friendly or qualifier
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The following need to be capped ASAP

Ovie Ejaria
Ebre Eze
Ademola Lookman
Arnold Danjuma

We need a depth chart that is off the charts.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Damunk wrote:
icee wrote:Ovie Ejiara is currently injured but I've been following him like 3 years. I think he's ready to be seriously considered on the list of SE MF. Yes he plays in Scotland but so did VVD - http://ht.ly/bmzR30lSP5A

Danmunk, I agree with you on EZE. I watched a clip on him not too long ago and as I watched the clip...I recognized the face. I thought to myself I have seen this guy before and he stood out albeit in a non professional setting. I had seen in London a few years back and also seen him with Iwobi I think in videos. Whatever the case, this Eze guy looks the part with creativity and that genious gene to boot. Looks the size for his style too with a low centre of gravity like the Messi , hazard, etc. A bit short, almost same size as the great Jay Jay. Funny enough , Ovie is of a different style for a Mf perspective and they can compliment each other. Ovie is closer to the Mikel mould...not dazzling but measured with scoring boots (something Mikel doesn't have as much). A midfield with Eze, Ovie and Ndidi will be an interesting experiment. The Nwakali brothers have shown me nothing but hype and potential. I 'll bet on these ones first on account of performance. i'll admit that the Nwakali brothers not having EU passport may have been disadvantaged so far
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

icee wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Danmunk, I agree with you on EZE. I watched a clip on him not too long ago and as I watched the clip...I recognized the face. I thought to myself I have seen this guy before and he stood out albeit in a non professional setting. I had seen in London a few years back and also seen him with Iwobi I think in videos. Whatever the case, this Eze guy looks the part with creativity and that genious gene to boot. Looks the size for his style too with a low centre of gravity like the Messi , hazard, etc. A bit short, almost same size as the great Jay Jay. Funny enough , Ovie is of a different style for a Mf perspective and they can compliment each other. Ovie is closer to the Mikel mould...not dazzling but measured with scoring boots (something Mikel doesn't have as much). A midfield with Eze, Ovie and Ndidi will be an interesting experiment. The Nwakali brothers have shown me nothing but hype and potential. I 'll bet on these ones first on account of performance. i'll admit that the Nwakali brothers not having EU passport may have been disadvantaged so far
Exactly.
I'm very excited about Eze who seems to have emerged from nowhere.
Your analysis is spot on.

I think it is important that he is in regular contact with Aina and Iwobi, peers who have successfully made the switch with no regrets.

Eberechi Eze with Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina in SE camp in London last year. :thumbs:

It is beginning to become evident that their careers do not suffer by choosing Naija and it can be argued that it might even be beneficial. Aina, Balogun and Ekong are all testaments to this.

The world is changing. Young people are seeking opportunities far beyond their local environments to hone their skills and enhance their careers and that applies to all areas of professional endeavor, not just football.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Damunk wrote:
icee wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Exactly.

I think it is important that he is in regular contact with Aina and Iwobi, peers who have successfully made the switch with no regrets.

Eberechi Eze with Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina in SE camp in London last year. :thumbs:

It is beginning to become evident that their careers do not suffer by choosing Naija and it can be argued that it might even be beneficial. Aina, Balogun and Ekong are all testaments to this.

The world is changing. Young people are seeking opportunities far beyond their local environments to hone their skills and enhance their careers and that applies to all areas of professional endeavor, not just football.

Was he training with them?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wale1974 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
icee wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Exactly.

Was he training with them?
Yes. I believe he was invited by Rohr to train with the team in London when the game v B'Faso fell through