OUR GOLDEN GENERATION ALMOST HERE FOLKS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OUR GOLDEN GENERATION ALMOST HERE FOLKS

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote:Honestly don't see what's golden about this generation. Just the usual bit part players in and out of the first team.

Onyekuru and Kalu are good, but we produce these trickish, speedy, Ikediash wingers in droves. Aina is solid but i struggle to see what he does really well; btw I wouldn't put that much credence in starting in Serie A, it's not what it used to be. Idowu is much like Aina, only older. Iwobi and Awaziem are never shoe ins to start. Ekong is Ekong, Musa is in the middle east and he's not even 30 yet. Balogun is being benched by two British stiffs. Ighalo is still better than all our young strikers - Awoniyi, Osimhen etc. I just saw Success in his usual 15 minute gra gra cameo...I don't exactly know what the guy is - winger/stricker/musician? He just strikes me as one of those guys who just doesn't have ball sense and might never develop it. What exactly is there to get excited about? If this is a golden generation then I'd hate to see what a normal or mediocre generation looks like. Then someone mentione Onazi...really? Even at his peak he wasn't golden never mind when he grew his pot belly.

Don't get me wrong, the players are good enough to form a strong unit...but golden generation? :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OUR GOLDEN GENERATION ALMOST HERE FOLKS

Post by Eaglezbeak »

wanaj0 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Yes, My people, looks like Baba God is about to bless us with a top top team once again o. Help me say small prayer once a while mek we hammer.

Chukwueze is in Villarreal 1st team
Iwobi balling like we know he can
Kalu is flat out clowning defenders
Ndidi hold steady as a first responder
Eking & Aina balling in Italy like it’s 1999
onyekuru & Success doing it well
Capt Onazi has been waiting
Awaziem, Ebuehi and Shehu all ready to go
Uzoho doing well

With the re-election of PinnIck I feel like the sky is the limit. What are your expectations of SE over the next yr? I want us to it under the radar, qualify for Afcon and make the semis and continue team building into the wc qualifying.
Coaches were sacked for winning the 'golden' bronze so Rohr should be sacked if he comes home without the trophy!
We have only qualified once since 2012.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI