OUR GOLDEN GENERATION ALMOST HERE FOLKS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
OUR GOLDEN GENERATION ALMOST HERE FOLKS

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Yes, My people, looks like Baba God is about to bless us with a top top team once again o. Help me say small prayer once a while mek we hammer.

Chukwueze is in Villarreal 1st team
Iwobi balling like we know he can
Kalu is flat out clowning defenders
Ndidi hold steady as a first responder
Eking & Aina balling in Italy like it’s 1999
onyekuru & Success doing it well
Capt Onazi has been waiting
Awaziem, Ebuehi and Shehu all ready to go
Uzoho doing well

With the re-election of PinnIck I feel like the sky is the limit. What are your expectations of SE over the next yr? I want us to it under the radar, qualify for Afcon and make the semis and continue team building into the wc qualifying.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OUR GOLDEN GENERATION ALMOST HERE FOLKS

Post by Kabalega »

Just avoid the Cranes....

BTW, who are the new Jay Jay and Papilo?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kabalega wrote:Just avoid the Cranes....

We don't eat crane meat in Nigeria, we domesticate them instead.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Yes, My people, looks like Baba God is about to bless us with a top top team once again o. Help me say small prayer once a while mek we hammer.

Uzoho doing well

With the re-election of PinnIck I feel like the sky is the limit. What are your expectations of SE over the next yr? I want us to it under the radar, qualify for Afcon and make the semis and continue team building into the wc qualifying.
So you seriously dont have a job, at all at all?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Yes, My people, looks like Baba God is about to bless us with a top top team once again o. Help me say small prayer once a while mek we hammer.

Uzoho doing well

Well said!! This group of players is very exciting, and for the first time in years, we have continuity across the board from administration through coaching and finally the players.

The next few years might very well lead to a brand new golden generation as you have stated.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Kabalega wrote:Just avoid the Cranes....

They will establish themselves. Jay jay didnt explode on the scene overnight. He was a talented kid with tons of potential in 94, and lots of flaws in his game. But it wasnt till 96 that he really established himself as a superstar in the making.

Looking at the current squad,...I see a lot of Jay Jay in Alex Iwobi....(unsuprisingly so).

As for Papilo,...he is just a diamond in the rock. A truly unique talent. I cant think of any Nigerian that comes close to who he was in his early Ajax days or 1993 U17 days.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Add Ademola Lookman to that list.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Uzoho doing well

Coaches were sacked for winning the 'golden' bronze so Rohr should be sacked if he comes home without the trophy!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ebere Exe needs to be added as well. Tottenham are scouting him.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:Ebere Exe needs to be added as well. Tottenham are scouting him.
Not just Tottenham.
Dem plenti.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Uzoho doing well

Not only the "semi", we need to get the AFCON Cup if we qualify for the tournament. That's all, no if, but, elm ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote: Just avoid the Cranes....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief Kabalega, ok we hear you. We will avoid the Cranes.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Kongi you be my guy but I wouldn’t call them Golden generation until we have like 3/4/5 playing at the best clubs in the world week in and out and performing great kinda like when Ivory Coast had drogba and kalou at Chelsea eboue and toure arsenal yaya barcelona etc but this is a welcome development that our boys are now at midtable teams
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote: Just avoid the Cranes....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief Kabalega, ok we hear you. We will avoid the Cranes.
Come to think of it, please play the Cranes.
They could use a morale booster.... :P
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Kongi you be my guy but I wouldn’t call them Golden generation until we have like 3/4/5 playing at the best clubs in the world week in and out and performing great kinda like when Ivory Coast had drogba and kalou at Chelsea eboue and toure arsenal yaya barcelona etc but this is a welcome development that our boys are now at midtable teams
In our golden age we had players starting for CL winners, I can’t really see any of our current players starting for a Real or Barca.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yes our golden generation had Kanu and finidi at one of the best club teams of all time(Ajax) as starters then we also had taribo at Inter Milan. The likes of okocha, Amokachi and yekini wasn’t lucky enough to get signed by World class teams in that Era but Okocha talent was unquestionable. Right now, we have good players playing for middle rated teams and we hope they can hustle their way to World class teams and not regress because in the last 10 years we have produced top talents that get stagnated at Midrates teams idk what’s the problem
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We need a playmaker to hold the team together. This is why for me, Nwakali is key. We simply need him to come through as well!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need a playmaker to hold the team together. This is why for me, Nwakali is key. We simply need him to come through as well!
:agree:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Honestly don't see what's golden about this generation. Just the usual bit part players in and out of the first team.

Onyekuru and Kalu are good, but we produce these trickish, speedy, Ikediash wingers in droves. Aina is solid but i struggle to see what he does really well; btw I wouldn't put that much credence in starting in Serie A, it's not what it used to be. Idowu is much like Aina, only older. Iwobi and Awaziem are never shoe ins to start. Ekong is Ekong, Musa is in the middle east and he's not even 30 yet. Balogun is being benched by two British stiffs. Ighalo is still better than all our young strikers - Awoniyi, Osimhen etc. I just saw Success in his usual 15 minute gra gra cameo...I don't exactly know what the guy is - winger/stricker/musician? He just strikes me as one of those guys who just doesn't have ball sense and might never develop it. What exactly is there to get excited about? If this is a golden generation then I'd hate to see what a normal or mediocre generation looks like. Then someone mentione Onazi...really? Even at his peak he wasn't golden never mind when he grew his pot belly.

Don't get me wrong, the players are good enough to form a strong unit...but golden generation? :D
Last edited by airwolex on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need a playmaker to hold the team together. This is why for me, Nwakali is key. We simply need him to come through as well!

Nwakali is not ready. He is maybe 2 or 3 years away if he isn't all hype.

Right now we have Iwobi and Eze as playmakers. Both much further ahead of Nwakali.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote:Honestly don't see what's golden about this generation. Just the usual bit part players in and out of the first team.

Onyekuru and Kalu are good, but we produce these trickish, speedy, Ikediash wingers in droves. Aina is solid but i struggle to see what he does really well; btw I wouldn't put that much credence in starting in Serie A, it's not what it used to be. Idowu is much like Aina, only older. Iwobi and Awaziem are never shoe ins to start. Ekong is Ekong, Musa is in the middle east and he's not even 30 yet. Balogun is being benched by two British stiffs. Ighalo is still better than all our young strikers - Awoniyi, Osimhen etc. I just saw Success in his usual 15 minute gra gra cameo...I don't exactly know what the guy is - winger/stricker/musician? He just strikes me as one of those guys who just doesn't have ball sense and might never develop it. What exactly is there to get excited about? If this is a golden generation then I'd hate to see what a normal or mediocre generation looks like. Then someone mentione Onazi...really? Even at his peak he wasn't golden never mind when he grew his pot belly.

Don't get me wrong, the players are good enough to form a strong unit...but golden generation? :D
To be Golden you have to first build, fine tune and do some addions by subtraction before finally calibrating the team to get golden results. We're still at the addition stage but there's no doubt that this is the best bunch we've had in a long long time. If you wait for Bayern and Barca to sign them you'll never reach the true potential of the team. This is the problem with Africans, we don't want to do the hard work. We just watch games and pick players based on the performance of the day.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:
:agree:

He's refusing to come through or so far has not. He needs to be playing in Belgium or Holland like he was. Until then we'll have to make do with what we have.
OCCUPY NFF!!