NFF ELECTIONS: Solomon Dalung says elections will NOT hold

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
NFF ELECTIONS: Solomon Dalung says elections will NOT hold

Post by Next »

As delegates arrive Kastina for tomorrow's NFF elections the Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung is insisting that the Katsina elections will not hold. He said the current NFF board has no right to organize any election ‘since the Supreme Court’ has ruled that they were not elected to run Nigerian football in the first place.

https://guardian.ng/sport/katsina-bubbl ... elections/
• FIFA boss, Infantino may arrive in Nigeria today
• Dalung insists there will be no elections

Members of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Congress and candidates for tomorrow’s elections into the executive committee of the federation are expected in Katsina today ahead of Thursday’s polls for a new leadership of the body.

Incumbent NFF President, Amaju Melvin Pinnick is seeking a second term in office, but his position is being challenged by the federation’s former President, Aminu Maigari, its former Secretary General, Taiwo Ogunjobi and club proprietor, Chinedu Okoye.

A source at the NFF secretariat in Abuja told The Guardian yesterday that the clerical staff and some senior officials of the federation have relocated to Katsina to set the stage for the arrival of the congress members and the candidates.

He disclosed that senior NFF officials and the candidates are expected in the state today, adding that the electoral committee may likely meet with the contenders this evening.

“The FIFA and CAF officials billed to monitor the elections were expected in Nigeria last night and this morning. The electoral committee headed by Mohammed Katu were also expected to arrive in Katsina yesterday,” the source, who pleaded anonymity, said.

FIFA and CAF recently announced Luca Piazza and Solomon Mudege as its representatives at the polls, while CAF picked Sita Sangare as its observer.

There were also reports yesterday that FIFA President, Gianni Infantino would be in Nigeria to observe the elections.

FIFA wants to see an end to the incessant crisis that has dogged the NFF hence the decision to send a high level delegation to Nigeria, who apart from the elections, are expected to seek audience with the Presidency.

Aside the candidates for the presidency, there are 10 other positions at stake, including the first vice president’s job, which is currently being held by Seyi Akinwunmi. Akinwunmi will vie with Sunday Dele-Ajayi for that position, while Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah will oppose incumbent Ibrahim Musa Gusau for the slot of chairman of the Committee of State Chairmen.

A total of 15 other persons will battle for the remaining eight available positions on the executive committee. All 44 members of the NFF Congress will cast their votes at the summit.

Meanwhile, Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung is insisting that the Katsina elections will not hold. He said the current NFF board has no right to organize any election ‘since the Supreme Court’ has ruled that they were not elected to run Nigerian football in the first place.

Dalung, who is supporting Chris Giwa’s claims to the NFF job, argued that Nigeria is not an affiliate of FIFA and did not sign any treaty with the world body.

He accused FIFA of overreaching itself by threatening to ban Nigeria from international football, saying that the elections in Katsina would be null and void if it held.
I can only say good luck NFF & Nigeria...
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF ELECTIONS: Solomon Dalung says elections will NOT ho

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why has Buhari not fired him?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

ohenhen1 wrote:Why has Buhari not fired him?
Incompetent CANNOT fire incompetent and both are!

Somebody once said here that Dalung has a godfather...
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Doesn't he have a twitter account so we can call him out for being a prick?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Just read this online
Minister of Youth and Sports, Barrister Solomon Dalung has assured that he will strive to ensure that cases of parallel elections does not reoccur in the Nigerian football fraternity.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Electoral Committee put in place by the NFF Congress at the 2017 Annual General Assembly in Jos, Plateau State, which is headed by Barr. Muhammed Sani Katu, will conduct the 2018 polls.

The Committee has already cleared incumbent Amaju Melvin Pinnick, former Nigeria international and one–time NFF Secretary General Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, former NFF President Aminu Maigari and Mr. Chinedu Okoye to contest for the Presidency on September 20 in Katsina.

“Football will grow when parallel election ends. It’s one issue that has beclouded the development of football in this great country,” the Honorable Minister began in a chat with Footballlive.ng.
“There should be a lasting solution to this menace if we crave for progress. Mechanisms shall be put in place to forestall such.”
All 44 Members of the Nigeria Football Federation Congress will cast their votes on Thursday.

https://footballlive.ng/dalung-calls-fo ... elections/

So much mis/information aplenty
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This is the problem when you allow incompetence all over, even if you mean well,it comes back to rubbish you. Who let this mad man in beret out?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So Thief Ogunjobi is still trying to be NFF president? Only in Nigeria.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote:So Thief Ogunjobi is still trying to be NFF president? Only in Nigeria.
Same as:
Thief Maigari
Thief Pinnick
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I thought Giwa now wants to run for Senate so everything is all good?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Didn't they arrest Ogunjobi before in the past for corruption or part of some missing funds?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Shame on the beret man.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

fabio wrote:
1naija wrote:So Thief Ogunjobi is still trying to be NFF president? Only in Nigeria.
Same as:
Thief Maigari
Thief Pinnick
You love to rubbish this guy.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

You see how we all rubbished Dalung based on this write-up but the writer gets to carry on with his life, to spread more "stomach maintenance" articles.

I am calling out the joke of a journalist called Christian Okpara. If anyone knows him and I hope he's a member of this site. Please tell him he's an effing cvnt. He cannot be called a journalist just because he writes. He's a "pen for hire" writer.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sir V wrote:
fabio wrote:
Same as:
Thief Maigari
Thief Pinnick
You sef see am?
Rubbish Pinick and everything associated with him.
Rubbish Rohr
Rubbish NFF
Rubbish SE
Rubbish SE Nike jersey.

I taya for Fabio.
E remain to rubbish fans. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:You see how we all rubbished Dalung based on this write-up but the writer gets to carry on with his life, to spread more "stomach maintenance" articles.

I am calling out the joke of a journalist called Christian Okpara. If anyone knows him and I hope he's a member of this site. Please tell him he's an effing cvnt. He cannot be called a journalist just because he writes. He's a "pen for hire" writer.
Who be di guy?
Chai...too many people willing and ready to feed fat on fake news nowadays.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
fabio wrote:
Same as:
Thief Maigari
Thief Pinnick
You sef see am?
Rubbish Rohr
Rubbish NFF
Rubbish SE
Rubbish SE Nike jersey.

I taya for Fabio.
Fabio is a misguided force of nature. He rubbishes everything in his path. We just need to redirect him to the appropriate target, landfill site. Let him go and rubbish the rubbish :)
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
fabio wrote:
Same as:
Thief Maigari
Thief Pinnick
You sef see am?
Rubbish Rohr
Rubbish NFF
Rubbish SE
Rubbish SE Nike jersey.

I taya for Fabio.
Uncle Damunk, please tell me where I rubbish, SE and the Nike Jersey as for Pinnick... 4 more years of rubbishing continues....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
fabio wrote:
Same as:
Thief Maigari
Thief Pinnick
You sef see am?
Rubbish Rohr
Rubbish NFF
Rubbish SE
Rubbish SE Nike jersey.

I taya for Fabio.
Fabio is a misguided force of nature. He rubbishes everything in his path. We just need to redirect him to the appropriate target, landfill site. Let him go and rubbish the rubbish :)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: as long as Pinnick is at the landfill site... We will head there :rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

fabio wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
fabio wrote:
Same as:
Thief Maigari
Thief Pinnick
You sef see am?
Rubbish Rohr
Rubbish NFF
Rubbish SE
Rubbish SE Nike jersey.

I taya for Fabio.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: as long as Pinnick is at the landfill site... We will head there :rotf: :rotf:
Rubbish :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."