Arsenal 2 vs Everton 0 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal 2 vs Everton 0 FT

Post by Cally »

Skylolo, hope you slow down on this call to replace Cech before his time is due. I don't see any reason to replace Cech with Leno just yet. And I won't be changing my mind even if he misses a pass in a game and costs us. A keeper is there to make saves and help us defend, not to show us he can pass the ball. I have a lot of respect for Petr Cech and how he's faced the challenge offered by Unai this season.

Shout out to Rob Holding who despite barely playing so far this season, replaced a stalwart like Sokratis, and did his thing.

Good win.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 1 vs Everton 0

Post by Cito »

Good game from HB! So Xhaka didn’t get a yellow and Arsenal had a clean sheet. Wow what is happening!!!!
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal should have conceded. Cech was spectacular. I think he saved three one on one chances.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ramshyt

Ozil

Xhacrap

Are three passengers that Unai needs to remove from this team if he plans to move forward. They just can’t work together
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:why doesn't Welbeck jump for contested aerial balls?
I asked this question a few weeks ago and Anikulapo was telling me about his goal against Leicester...
Welbeck hardly ever wins any contested header. I just find that weird because he is not of the 'Ghana average' height. :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:why doesn't Welbeck jump for contested aerial balls?
I asked this question a few weeks ago and Anikulapo was telling me about his goal against Leicester...
Welbeck hardly ever wins any contested header. I just find that weird because he is not of the 'Ghana average' height. :sneaky:

Er he won a header and scored in the Europa league .... so you missed that as well eh? Yeah keep being selective on ya nonsense :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

One thing i will say about this team, it is slowly but.steadily improving and it is wearing a new character while shedding Wengers garment ....Unary seems to be slowly getting his message across.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

[b]oloye wrote:One thing i will say about this team, it is slowly but.steadily improving and it is wearing a new character while shedding Wengers garment ....Unary seems to be slowly getting his message across.[/b]
Enh?!?! :woot: :scared: :shock:
Interesting.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Arsenal vs Everton

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I am not saying ARSEnal shouldn't win but all I am hoping for is for Everton to keep a cleansheet and ARSEnal not to.

And I am not saying it is not a human being, but It's a Goat.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:One thing i will say about this team, it is slowly but.steadily improving and it is wearing a new character while shedding Wengers garment ....Unary seems to be slowly getting his message across.
The thing that is coming across clearly for me na the Arsenal that comes out of the dressing room at half time is many times better and more effective than the team that went into the dressing room. That is a sure sign of effective coaching.

BTW, I see how you take style yab Emery abi na Urinary.... :taunt: :D
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ebyboy wrote:
[b]oloye wrote:One thing i will say about this team, it is slowly but.steadily improving and it is wearing a new character while shedding Wengers garment ....Unary seems to be slowly getting his message across.[/b]
Enh?!?! :woot: :scared: :shock:
Interesting.
Me i call am.as i dey see am. If the team yab i go abuse tgem,if dem do well i go say so. There was a lot of deception going on in the last decade with this team....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cally wrote:Skylolo, hope you slow down on this call to replace Cech before his time is due. I don't see any reason to replace Cech with Leno just yet. And I won't be changing my mind even if he misses a pass in a game and costs us. A keeper is there to make saves and help us defend, not to show us he can pass the ball. I have a lot of respect for Petr Cech and how he's faced the challenge offered by Unai this season.

Shout out to Rob Holding who despite barely playing so far this season, replaced a stalwart like Sokratis, and did his thing.

Good win.
Kpom Kwem! Nothing more to add bro.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I am not saying ARSEnal shouldn't win but all I am hoping for is for Everton to keep a cleansheet and ARSEnal not to.

And I am not saying it is not a human being, but It's a Goat.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Chief Ogbunigwe[/color] wrote: Lacazette, you are supposed to go down! Especially as the contact destabilized you!
Cheater :curse:.
Harry Kane. :curse:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

zee wrote:
zee wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Ozil is such a wimp sha
General Ozil :clap: :thumbs: orchestrates the 1st move that leads to Arsenal goal.
What a General :thumbs: :thumbs:
2-0
General Ozil :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: destroying Everton .........what a one-man show by the General. :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:Skylolo, hope you slow down on this call to replace Cech before his time is due. I don't see any reason to replace Cech with Leno just yet. And I won't be changing my mind even if he misses a pass in a game and costs us. A keeper is there to make saves and help us defend, not to show us he can pass the ball. I have a lot of respect for Petr Cech and how he's faced the challenge offered by Unai this season.

Good win.
I concur. :clap: :clap: :clap:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal should have conceded. Cech was spectacular. I think he saved three one on one chances.
Why should Arsenal have conceded if Cech (who is part of the team) made spectacular saves? A goalie is part of the defense and his saves are as worthy to the overall performance of the team as other outfield players.

Do you know how many trophys have been won due to the heroics of goalkeepers?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Sure but can't continue to put Cech in bad situations. He can't be spectacular every game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Arsenal have a long way to go yet but at least the confidence should be there even if the rhythm and the fluidity is still missing. Mesut Ozil was disappointing, Aaron Ramsey struggled and then provided two assists and Granit Xhaka was frustrating again.
John Cross

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Arsenal have a long way to go yet but at least the confidence should be there even if the rhythm and the fluidity is still missing. Mesut Ozil was disappointing, Aaron Ramsey struggled and then provided two assists and Granit Xhaka was frustrating again.
John Cross
Hmmm I hope uncle you know that we have people here that know more than John Cross :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So keep believing fake John Cross instead of the know it all here.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal should have conceded. Cech was spectacular. I think he saved three one on one chances.
Why should Arsenal have conceded if Cech (who is part of the team) made spectacular saves? A goalie is part of the defense and his saves are as worthy to the overall performance of the team as other outfield players.

Do you know how many trophys have been won due to the heroics of goalkeepers?
Its Ohenhen so respond with kindness.To him Cech should not have save any of t he one on one.
Forget that Manu even finish second thanks to their keeper.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:One thing i will say about this team, it is slowly but.steadily improving and it is wearing a new character while shedding Wengers garment ....Unary seems to be slowly getting his message across.
Na so you go make me start celebrate but will wait small.Emery is making mistakes and it has cost us that Chelsea game was there for 3 points.They also have new coach,the city game how he could not draw that game also was bad coaching.
This team can fight for the league but he keep starting a lot of Wenger players that suppose to leave the club
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
Na so you go make me start celebrate but will wait small.Emery is making mistakes and it has cost us that Chelsea game was there for 3 points.They also have new coach,the city game how he could not draw that game also was bad coaching.
This team can fight for the league but he keep starting a lot of Wenger players that suppose to leave the club
When you inherit a team you start to dismantle gradually, you dont just.rush in.with the demolition.job . If you guys were patient with Wengers.no.show experiment for two years, then you should be able to wait for at least two seasons.