Arsenal 2 vs Everton 0 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 2 vs Everton 0 FT

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:One thing i will say about this team, it is slowly but.steadily improving and it is wearing a new character while shedding Wengers garment ....Unary seems to be slowly getting his message across.
Na so you go make me start celebrate but will wait small.Emery is making mistakes and it has cost us that Chelsea game was there for 3 points.They also have new coach,the city game how he could not draw that game also was bad coaching.
This team can fight for the league but he keep starting a lot of Wenger players that suppose to leave the club
When you inherit a team you start to dismantle gradually, you dont just.rush in.with the demolition.job . If you guys were patient with Wengers.no.show experiment for two years, then you should be able to wait for at least two seasons.
You talk true as always uncle Oloye.Arsenal fans are the most loyal to a manager.Emery if he keep repeating same mistake of Wenger hmmm then trouble will come.No one say he should just change whole team but when a manager keep starting same players that need be bench is asking for trouble.Ozil,Xhaka,Mustafi and Ransey need to be bench,he should have ship two or three of this guys but I like the way he give them chance.Iwobi has been Arsenal best player on his return but what does he do bench him for likes of Ozil.Emery need to start games fine not wait till second half to adjust.That is what kills us against City and Chelsea,the Chelsea game was bad we should have collect 3 points but the manager decide to extend christmass gift to Roman Chelsea. :boo: :boo:
There is a reason PSG ship him out after 2 season and no big club looking for coach even ask for his service.He need to be ruthless if wining is his thing.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arsenal 1 vs Everton 0

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:why doesn't Welbeck jump for contested aerial balls?
I asked this question a few weeks ago and Anikulapo was telling me about his goal against Leicester...
Welbeck hardly ever wins any contested header. I just find that weird because he is not of the 'Ghana average' height. :sneaky:
:rotf:

Una don chop humble pie in back to back weeks ... Eh ya kpele :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:
I asked this question a few weeks ago and Anikulapo was telling me about his goal against Leicester...
Welbeck hardly ever wins any contested header. I just find that weird because he is not of the 'Ghana average' height. :sneaky:

Aniks, I do not dispute that he scores headers. My point is specifically why he doesn't battle for aerial balls in non-goalscoring situations. This is surprising given his size and hustle. Same with Giroud who is deadly in from of goal with headers, but will not contest aerial balls midfield most of the time (unless he is bumping defenders).
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:

Aniks, I do not dispute that he scores headers. My point is specifically why he doesn't battle for aerial balls in non-goalscoring situations. This is surprising given his size and hustle. Same with Giroud who is deadly in from of goal with headers, but will not contest aerial balls midfield most of the time (unless he is bumping defenders).

Chief you don become Waffi in disguise :taunt: :taunt: Abeg leave matter biko :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:

Chief you don become Waffi in disguise :taunt: :taunt: Abeg leave matter biko :woot:
ok now, make we agree to disagree. Maybe I am subjective but those have been my observations.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:

ok now, make we agree to disagree. Maybe I am subjective but those have been my observations.

:thumb:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:

Wetin I do? You want me to come harass you again. :taunt:

He does win his fair share of headers, and is very good at defending the front near post from corners. Also scored the most headed goals per minutes played since Giroud left. Scored another headed goal last night and leading on headed goals scored this season.

Should he contest and win more headers? Maybe, but he is not bad given we are not the sort of team to just lump it up there expecting our player to fight for It. But I say you have a point when you look at Lacazette.

It must be said, one reason why Laca is such a huge fans favourite is his hustle. He is not the tallest but he fights for every scrap on the pitch, including headers with far taller players. Emery plays Laca to stay onside with the fans.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.