Undiscipline African players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet
Undiscipline African players

Post by realtrouble »

Didier Ndong and Papy Djilobodji are not making easy for new African players that are working hard to get into Europe club football.
Sunderland sack Didier Ndong, saying he breached contract by going awol
Sunderland have served Didier Ndong notice that they intend to terminate his contract, saying their record signing went awol in the wake of relegation to League One.

The club have also indicated their readiness to take legal action to recoup the Gabon midfielder’s value should he join another club.

Unbeaten records, crises and shinners – Football Weekly
A club statement said: “Sunderland has given notice under its contract with Didier Ndong. The player, who was under contract with Sunderland until June 2021, failed to return to Sunderland for pre-season training in July as scheduled, nor in the subsequent months that followed.

“No reason was given for his failure to report and continued absence. As a result, Sunderland has accepted Didier Ndong’s repudiatory breaches of contract and notice of the same has been provided to the player.

“Sunderland does so while retaining the right to pursue the player and any club he may subsequently join in relation to compensation for the value of the player.”

Ndong, 24, who joined for £13.6m from Lorient in August 2016, is understood to have belatedly turned up at the club’s training headquarters this week after the prospect of a transfer finally receded amid interest from Torino and Benfica.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Watford as his parent club slipped out of the Championship but did not make a senior appearance.

Sunderland took similar action against the £8m central defender Papy Djilobodji this month after he finally returned to Wearside. They said he failed to meet the club’s fitness standards.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... t-awol-say
Last edited by realtrouble on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Indiscipline African players

Post by kajifu »

Sad but when you are good its will be easy to make it to European club.This money this guys get weekly has turn their heads .
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

All we are hearing is a story from one side.....would like to know the two player's side of the story
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Africans will never have problems getting into European teams and if all the clubs use this as an example to not get African players it tells you the kind of people they are.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

There are undisciplined players from all over.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote:There are undisciplined players from all over.
:lol: :lol: why you come talk sense nah
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
:lol: :lol: why you come talk sense nah
:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Could it be that Sunderland is forcing those players to play in League One and not listening to offers in the interest of the players??? Ndong was on loan while they got relegated. Now they want him back to play 3rd tier football. Definitely there's another side to this story, though he signed a long term contract that should be honored. If I were in his shoes, I'll be looking for another job while following the process and will be frustrated if my move is blocked.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

felarey wrote:Could it be that Sunderland is forcing those players to play in League One and not listening to offers in the interest of the players??? Ndong was on loan while they got relegated. Now they want him back to play 3rd tier football. Definitely there's another side to this story, though he signed a long term contract that should be honored. If I were in his shoes, I'll be looking for another job while following the process and will be frustrated if my move is blocked.
They both rejected offers from Italy, but their conduct as professionals is quite disturbing, why come late to camp.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: undiscipline African players

Post by realtrouble »

I agree, but we are living in a world that discriminates and stereotypes African

A report in the Daily Mail alleged that Tony Henry told an agent West Ham wanted to limit the number of African players in their squad. He told the paper this was because some “have a bad attitude” and “cause mayhem” when they are not in the team. Henry is considering his position after being suspended by West Ham pending an investigation that will be carried out by a barrister. The Football Association is also investigating the matter.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... an-players
Tony Henry, was subsequently suspended and later sacked for his racist and unprofessional comments, but it doesn't help some African players are gravitating to the stereotype of undisciplined players
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

kalani JR wrote:Africans will never have problems getting into European teams and if all the clubs use this as an example to not get African players it tells you the kind of people they are.
Simple, Thank you my brother
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.