MAN UTD VS DERBY COUNTY (JOSIE IS OUT) 7-8 pks

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jdizzy
Egg
Egg
Re: MAN UTD VS DERBY COUNTY (JOSIE IS OUT) 7-8 pks

Post by jdizzy »

charlie wrote:
benteke wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Things fall apart. :lol:
Ungrateful young lad.
He spent his first season at United struggling for form and only Jose was defending him from the press vultures.
Jose was even defending his social media antics.
Maybe that was Jose's mistake.

I do agree, Pogba's behavior is very immature. Jose Mourinho backed and elevated Pogba into a world cup winner, and I understand Jose feels Pogba stabbed him in the back.

That said, Jose should just bench the guy till when they can trade him in January. Say its an internal matter, and save the details for an inevitable book.

All this public beef is just red meat for the english media that will chew on anything negative and will never let go.
Say what??? :shock: :shock: :shock: Do you write for Fox News in your spare time? Pogba became a world cup winner in spite of Jose doing his best to destroy his confidence
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

jdizzy wrote:
charlie wrote:
benteke wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Things fall apart. :lol:
Ungrateful young lad.
He spent his first season at United struggling for form and only Jose was defending him from the press vultures.
Jose was even defending his social media antics.
Maybe that was Jose's mistake.

I do agree, Pogba's behavior is very immature. Jose Mourinho backed and elevated Pogba into a world cup winner, and I understand Jose feels Pogba stabbed him in the back.

That said, Jose should just bench the guy till when they can trade him in January. Say its an internal matter, and save the details for an inevitable book.

All this public beef is just red meat for the english media that will chew on anything negative and will never let go.
Say what??? :shock: :shock: :shock: Do you write for Fox News in your spare time? Pogba became a world cup winner in spite of Jose doing his best to destroy his confidence

Thank god for internet,...otherwise some mumu will be trying to twist the narrative:

Jose Mourinho defends Paul Pogba March 2017
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... Pogba.html
'It's not his fault he earns 10 times the money and some pundits are in real trouble with their lives'
Man Utd news: All the latest from Old Trafford
Here is a good timeline of how their relationship evolved
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... a-15127062

- August 2016 - Pogba's debut
- January 2017 - Mourinho backs Pogba to become captain
- February 2017 - Mourinho defends Pogba's fee
- March 2017 - Mourinho describes Pogba as one of the best
- March 2017 - Mourinho defends Pogba after Chelsea defeat
- May 2017 - Mourinho defends Pogba's price tag again
- June 2017 - Pogba on his relationship with Mourinho
- August 2017 - Pogba happy to be back
- September 2017 - Pogba injury
- November 2017 - Pogba makes return from injury
- January 2018 - Pogba brought off against Spurs
- February 2018 - Mourinho on why Pogba is on the bench
Mourinho: “I change a few players and the intention was not to punish anyone. To punish anyone I also need someone to punish me because we are a team and, when we win we win together, we lose together. Paul is a fantastic player, no doubt for me one of the most talented midfield players in the world but to sit on the bench one day is not the end of the world.”

- February 2018 - Mourinho praises Pogba's professionalism
- March 2018 - Pogba interrupts Mourinho interview
- March 2018 - The pair 'barely on speaking terms'
- March 2018 - Mourinho tired of questions about Pogba
- April 2018 - City 'offered Pogba'
- April 2018 - Derby reaction
Pogba: "The relationship with Mourinho is good, very good. He's the coach, I'm the player. He does the coaching, I do the playing. I'm here and very happy. Being on the bench is something that didn't happen in the past, it's not something I'm used to, but everyone has to go through this.”

Mourinho: “If that [the constant questions] happened 10 or 15 years back, it would bother me a lot, because in that time it wouldn't have lies in journalism. Actually, I don't even know who's a journalist and who isn't anymore, because nowadays anyone can be a journalist. In fact, me and Paul have never had a personal issue.”
- May 2018 - Mourinho on Pogba exit rumours
- June 2018 - Pogba admits to issues with Mourinho
- July 2018 - Mourinho on Pogba's World Cup
Mourinho: "I hope he understands why he was very good.
“That's the point about his performance level and contribution to a winning team: it is to understand why he was so good especially in the second part of the competition, where he was absolutely brilliant.

- August 2018 - Pogba 'angry with' Mourinho
- August 2018 - Pogba linked with Barcelona
- August 2018 - Pogba 'fine' comments
- August 2018- Mourinho defends relationship with Pogba
- September 2018 - Pogba on relationship with Mourinho and Barcelona links
- September 2018 - Pogba tells Mourinho and United how to play

Mourinho never stopped defending Paul Pogba even when they started feuding publicly. To say he tried to destroy his confidence is a bald faced lie.
If anything, Paul Pogba has been immature and petulant in his handling of this situation. Courting Man City, then Barcelona while on contract with Manchester United??? That is not going to ingratiate you to your coach and team, especially if you do not perform in your job.

The only thing I will blame Jose Mourinho for in this saga is that he made his feelings known publicly and he tried to hard to make Paul Pogba into what he isnt,...a Franchise Player.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Pogba doing his best to pi$$ everyone off so he can leave
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If Pogba is really at fault, the. Mourinho should bench him, its that simple, cool heads are needed right now
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

charlie wrote: Jose Mourinho backed and elevated Pogba into a world cup winner.
This is BS.
http://www.naijiant.com/
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho did not elevate Pogba to nothing! It was Pogba talent that made him an eventual world cup winner! Does Mourinho improve players? The last time he did that was back in 2004 with Chelsea, Pogba came to united as a top talent, nothing to do with Mourinho

1 man cannot make a team anyway, if Mourinho cannot control Pogba, then he should bench him
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

So Charlie spent all afternoon doing Google searches to produce links irrelevant to his BS claim that Jose elevated Pogba to world cup winner. Lol. How does he reconcile it with the fact that Pogba has arguably declined as a player since joining up with Jose?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

jdizzy wrote:So Charlie spent all afternoon doing Google searches to produce links irrelevant to his BS claim that Jose elevated Pogba to world cup winner. Lol. How does he reconcile it with the fact that Pogba has arguably declined as a player since joining up with Jose?
The world cup was a reminder why Pogba is a world class player! especially at the knock out stages, he stepped up big time, not many players score in world cup finals, different coach different outcome, simple!

Marko