NFF Cultivates Aliko Dangote......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF Cultivates Aliko Dangote......

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Bell wrote:
JACKAL wrote:As always this Pinnick is a Pin head !..he is asking for all the wrong things.

He doesn't need Dagote or Otedola for sponsorship of the Nigerian league....What he needs them for more than their money is first Business and organizational ideas to turn Nigerian football into the goldmine that it is...

That money that Dagote wants to go use in buying Arsenal, they should think about using it to start a "SUPER ELITE YOUTH LEAGUE" that would be the best in the world. He would make 10 times the profit from it and it would be a sustainable model.

Our best product are our youth players, its what the world wants.. We a proven commodity in the youth football world. 5 world championships. We are the brazil of that level. However the big donut hole in our football is in the 18-21 age category... too old for Academy football and not old enough for National league football. And there or no U-18, U-19, u20, U21 competition in Africa or Nigeria. This is where the business opportunity is..

So instead of sending them to North Africa and backwaters of europe, they should be getting their training in Nigeria in all our ELITE ACADEMIES in our ELITE YOUTH LEAGUE manned by top world coaches and systems based in Nigeria. So that they can sell the players at a premium instead of the money going to Belgium, north African teams. and every other backwater league in the world. Cut out the middle man, no need for sell-on clauses.. Sell the finished product for $20MM per head. Dagote and his business associates with all their business acumen will make it happen and they will make a $#% load of money.

He should also be talking to them about a sports manufacturing and marketing company like Nike & Addidas. Nigeria is now a proven product. We are ripe for a Nigerian based marketing brand. Black people all over the world will buy it. Even whites too. Again, marry it with Nollywood, Music, Nigerian football. its a winning combination

WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH THE PLAN ABOVE OR NOT...

...whether it would work as presented or not, this is the kind of thinking needed in Nigeria. And not just in sports. Analyze it and suggest improvements as necesary. Thank you, sir.
Bell
The sad thing is the people that get payed in Nigeria don't think that far ahead just look at Nigeria the people yesterday had no vision for today and the people today have no vision for tomorrow all they want is money now but nothing will change that mindset whilst they are still around!
Let's not fool ourselves into assuming they are not capable of having a vision. Nigerians in Nigeria are not stupid or less intelligent than Nigerians in the diaspora.
I know we love to suggest so by implication.
It is not true.

To believe so would be very unintelligent.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

If Ifatino is not Nigerian, how did he get Ifa name?

Cmoke
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Bell wrote:
JACKAL wrote:As always this Pinnick is a Pin head !..he is asking for all the wrong things.

He doesn't need Dagote or Otedola for sponsorship of the Nigerian league....What he needs them for more than their money is first Business and organizational ideas to turn Nigerian football into the goldmine that it is...

That money that Dagote wants to go use in buying Arsenal, they should think about using it to start a "SUPER ELITE YOUTH LEAGUE" that would be the best in the world. He would make 10 times the profit from it and it would be a sustainable model.

Our best product are our youth players, its what the world wants.. We a proven commodity in the youth football world. 5 world championships. We are the brazil of that level. However the big donut hole in our football is in the 18-21 age category... too old for Academy football and not old enough for National league football. And there or no U-18, U-19, u20, U21 competition in Africa or Nigeria. This is where the business opportunity is..

So instead of sending them to North Africa and backwaters of europe, they should be getting their training in Nigeria in all our ELITE ACADEMIES in our ELITE YOUTH LEAGUE manned by top world coaches and systems based in Nigeria. So that they can sell the players at a premium instead of the money going to Belgium, north African teams. and every other backwater league in the world. Cut out the middle man, no need for sell-on clauses.. Sell the finished product for $20MM per head. Dagote and his business associates with all their business acumen will make it happen and they will make a $#% load of money.

He should also be talking to them about a sports manufacturing and marketing company like Nike & Addidas. Nigeria is now a proven product. We are ripe for a Nigerian based marketing brand. Black people all over the world will buy it. Even whites too. Again, marry it with Nollywood, Music, Nigerian football. its a winning combination

...whether it would work as presented or not, this is the kind of thinking needed in Nigeria. And not just in sports. Analyze it and suggest improvements as necesary. Thank you, sir.
Bell
The sad thing is the people that get payed in Nigeria don't think that far ahead just look at Nigeria the people yesterday had no vision for today and the people today have no vision for tomorrow all they want is money now but nothing will change that mindset whilst they are still around!
Let's not fool ourselves into assuming they are not capable of having a vision. Nigerians in Nigeria are not stupid or less intelligent than Nigerians in the diaspora.
It is not true.

This has nothing to do with feelings or Nigerians there or here it's about the state of things,read it again I said "the people being payed don't think that far ahead" so I was implying that those in position to change things obviously haven't done a damn thing and the proof is in the pudding,Nigerian have had ample time to progress as a nation in many fields but have they?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
It is not true.

This has nothing to do with feelings or Nigerians there or here it's about the state of things,read it again I said "the people being payed don't think that far ahead" so I was implying that those in position to change things obviously haven't done a damn thing and the proof is in the pudding,Nigerian have had ample time to progress as a nation in many fields but have they?
And my point is that the reason why nothing gets done is not because you or I know better than they do, but because in Nigeria they can ‘get paid’ for doing nothing.
Focus shifts from what they know to what they want. And all they want is to get paid.
And when you come to lecture them on what they should know and what they should do, they will show you what they know plus what you don’t even know yet. There’s nothing you can say today that ‘government’ has not been saying before you were born.

Nigeria’s problem is not a lack of knowledge or ideas.
It is a lack of immunity to corruption.

You need to check your own immunity status otherwise e go do you like Ebola virus if your waka carry you near government office.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
It is not true.

And my point is that the reason why nothing gets done is not because you or I know better than they do, but because in Nigeria they can ‘get paid’ for doing nothing.
Focus shifts from what they know to what they want. And all they want is to get paid.
And when you come to lecture them on what they should know and what they should do, they will show you what they know plus what you don’t even know yet. There’s nothing you can say today that ‘government’ has not been saying before you were born.

You need to check your own immunity status otherwise e go do you like Ebola virus if your waka carry you near government office.
Damunk,
Actually you are wrong, the problem is a lack of ideas and knowledge....which if i boil it down comes to a lack of competence and leadership. Corruption is a Symptom and by product of those other issues i mentioned..its not the real issue. Corruption is "A" problem... it is not the main problem with all that does not work in Nigeria.

I have argued this for the last 20 years on Cyber eagles and people keep going back to corruption because its the default emotional issue. Pinnick is just saying what he what he sees as a model in other places. It is not necessarily the answer to the issues in Nigeria.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
It is not true.

Damunk,
Actually you are wrong, the problem is a lack of ideas and knowledge....which if i boil it down comes to a lack of competence and leadership. Corruption is a Symptom and by product of those other issues i mentioned..its not the real issue. Corruption is "A" problem... it is not the main problem with all that does not work in Nigeria.

I have argued this for the last 20 years on Cyber eagles and people keep going back to corruption because its the default emotional issue. Pinnick is just saying what he what he sees as a model in other places. It is not necessarily the answer to the issues in Nigeria.

NEVER DOUBTED THE INTELLECTUAL CAPABILITIES OF THE NIGERIAN, AND...

...it's not necessary here to discuss whether those in Nigeria have the intelligence of those outside the country - the fact is that, for a country that is behind, there should be a raging flood of ideas which those in office should be implementing. As I've occasionally said here, Nigeria should be a reformer's dream. Unfortunately, instead of creativity and new ideas, Nigerians seem most comfortable with things tested outside the continent, whether they are a good fit or not. Come up with something new and original and people would be looking to point out one thing wrong with it so they can come up with their favorite conclusion: it won't work. That way they can thrash it and free themselves from the burden of analyzing and implementing it.

Say what you like about the US but one admirable trait they have is the tendency to design something that fits their unique situation regardless of what the rest of the world is doing. Can you believe that when it was time to name their soccer league, Nigeria had to come up with the original moniker of Nigeria Premier League? The Nigerian environment simply does not encourage originality. Nigerians are, by nature, non-risk takers. Nigeria must stop trying to be like the rest of the world and look for good fits, moreso when the weaknesses of some of those systems have been exposed.
Bell
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Bell wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk,

NEVER DOUBTED THE INTELLECTUAL CAPABILITIES OF THE NIGERIAN, AND...

...it's not necessary here to discuss whether those in Nigeria have the intelligence of those outside the country - the fact is that, for a country that is behind, there should be a raging flood of ideas which those in office should be implementing. As I've occasionally said here, Nigeria should be a reformer's dream. Unfortunately, instead of creativity and new ideas, Nigerians seem most comfortable with things tested outside the continent, whether they are a good fit or not. Come up with something new and original and people would be looking to point out one thing wrong with it so they can come up with their favorite conclusion: it won't work. That way they can thrash it and free themselves from the burden of analyzing and implementing it.

Say what you like about the US but one admirable trait they have is the tendency to design something that fits their unique situation regardless of what the rest of the world is doing. Can you believe that when it was time to name their soccer league, Nigeria had to come up with the original moniker of Nigeria Premier League? The Nigerian environment simply does not encourage originality. Nigerians are, by nature, non-risk takers. Nigeria must stop trying to be like the rest of the world and look for good fits, moreso when the weaknesses of some of those systems have been exposed.
Bell
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Bell... Dude,..you just touched on 3 big things missing in our mordern cultural educational awareness in our New Africa. I have been meaning to write about these 3 topics on Rant and rave for a long time and I will soon.

These 3 Things are missing Big time in our new "modern" African Life:

Conceptualization
Inutive reasoning
Naming Conventions

just speaking of naming conventions: You talked about the Nigerian top league calling itself the "Premier league" they don't understand the uniqueness and the originality of their own names is what speaks of their independence and selfesteem ...meanwhile...the more successful nations call their own top leagues Erividesier, Bundesliga, la liga, Serie A etc...

Even the names of a lot of our clubs are copy cats: Rangers, Internaztionale , etc... But on a bigger scale in Africa we Invent things but we just dont name it and the Oyinbos name it and rebrand it and sell it back to us. In Business I hear pinnick and others using expressions like "Service Delivery", "Capacity building " .... I really just laugh becuase it makes them think they sound smart, but they dont understand that this is something they are already doing but calling it by another name... but its rebranded and sold back to them by consultants from the west. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: