NFF Cultivates Aliko Dangote......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF Cultivates Aliko Dangote......

Post by Enugu II »

Pinnick to meet business mogul in few days ahead mega sponsorship of NFF
ByAyodeji AyodejiPosted on September 25, 2018
https://jollofsports.com/2018/09/25/pin ... ip-of-nff/
COMMENTS

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President Amaju Pinnick has revealed that he will hold talks with Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote ‘in few days’ over the sponsorship of the federation.

Pinnick, who ensured the business tycoon and Forte Oil Chairman Femi Otedola accompanied him to the FIFA Football Awards in London on Monday night, is confident Dangote will help in bankrolling the federation to achieve it’s complete financial independence ambition.

“Alhaji Dangote is perhaps the biggest business brand in Africa, and one of Nigeria’s leading Ambassadors. I am very happy to be in a position to invite himself and Mr. Otedola to such an event of global stature and essence,” Pinnick told ­The NFF.

“As a nation, it is important that we continue to showcase our best brands in all fields. Doing this enhances the stock of our country globally. Alhaji Dangote and Mr. Otedola were happy to meet the world’s top governors of football and the football governors were also happy to meet them.

“Our objective as a Football Federation is to attain financial autonomy so that the Government can channel resources otherwise taken up by football into other critical sectors, and we believe that if we have persons like Dangote and Otedola partnering with Nigerian Football, we will get there faster,” said Pinnick, who is also the 1st Vice President of the Confederation of African Football.

“The NFF has invited Alhaji Dangote to a couple of matches previously, including the friendly match with England in London before the FIFA World Cup in Russia, but he was unable to attend. Now, we are discussing with him on a relationship with Nigerian Football and he is showing immense interest.”

Under Pinnick’s leadership, the NFF have secured sponsorship from Nigeria’s leading business companies including AITEO Oil, TGI, Nigeria Breweries and Payporte.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Cultivates Aliko Dangote......

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Well done Pinnick!With his sugar,cement,salt and trucking monopolies the least he could do is sponsor the NFF so the common men that have to suffer to get enough money to buy his sticky spagetti or lumpy salt and sugar can at least have something fun to watch on Dstv if they happen to be able to afford it. Btw, when will inland revenue go after Dangote?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Who are they L-R?
??-PINNICK-DANGOTE-INFANTINO-??-OTEDOLA
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

without cheating. I suspect the guy on the left is not a Nigerian, he looks like one of those Southern African Billionaires. The guy next to Infantino, I have no chance guessing.

Ok let me go and cheat.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Guy on the left is Shehu Dikko.

Guy next to Infantino is Seyi Akinwunmi

All Nigerian contingent (minus the FIFA Boss of course).
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Tbite wrote:Guy on the left is Shehu Dikko.

Seyi Akinwunmi...great guy...
Has left large footprints on "genuine" youth development programmes...

Has been Pinnick's deputy the past 4yrs, and is tipped to succeed Pinnick if Pinnicks keeps his declaration that this is going to be his last term...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

FATHER TIKO wrote:

Has been Pinnick's deputy the past 4yrs, and is tipped to succeed Pinnick if Pinnicks keeps his declaration that this is going to be his last term...
I joined NFF to develop grassroots football – Akinwunmi
Published September 1, 2018

https://punchng.com/i-joined-nff-to-dev ... akinwunmi/

Vice President, Nigeria Football Federation, Seyi Akinwunmi, talks about his vision for grassroots football development in this interview with ’TANA AIYEJINA

What’s the motivation behind the hosting of the Seyi Akinwunmi U-13 Football Tournament, which begins on Saturday (today)?

I’ve always wanted to be involved in charity work and two years ago, I thought it as an opportunity for me to expand the charity work into one where the kids, who are talented as footballers, also get the benefits of the idea that I have about charity. The idea I have about charity is to empower the kids themselves by helping them to get an education. So, if you have a talented kid who couldn’t get an education, you have helped him, and he will be given an alternative pathway but will also expose him to the scouts and the teams so that he can also grow as a footballer. That’s how the idea came about and we decided to have an event where we could also have an end-of-year celebration and feed the kids in the Lagos Island neighbourhood, where we used to be based. So, we feed about 1,000 kids at the end of the year, but we have adults who come to play the finals of the tournament, as well as celebrities. This year, we decided to have another event because over the past five years, each successive year has reduced the amount of time we could give to the kids, so we decided to have one specifically for the U-13 kids and we decided to test it with a small group of six schools. We had an empirical way of choosing the schools (private schools); we just picked the Channels International Kids Cup semi-finalists. We will be giving an award to the IDPs camp’s private school so that they can sponsor as many kids as they want, and that is really where we are. And I have been overwhelmed in the past two weeks by how interested people are across the country, in this programme.

Is this charity work a national project, because going through the list of the teams for the competition, there is none from the South-East?

It has nothing to do with East, North, West and South. What we did was to choose the four semi-finalists in the Channels International Kids Cup held this year at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos. The schools are winners LGEA Central School, Kaiama, Kwara State; Emmanuel Anglican Nursery and Primary School, Oke Isa, Ado Ekiti; Baptist Government Primary School, Osogbo, Osun State and X-Planter Nursery and Primary School, Ikorodu, Lagos State. Others that will join them are Abogo Larema Military School Biu, Borno State and Eko Football Future Stars, Lagos State. The year before, I think we chose four teams, two of them came from the East, so it has nothing to do with where you are from, it has to do with how well you did in that competition (Channels Kids Cup). So, it has nothing to do with where you are coming from; I don’t see religion, race, and tribe in all of this. For me it’s all of U-13 kids who are indigent, who are intelligent and who are good footballers and putting them into the dream of the FA.

The Nigerian Football Federation has been criticised severally for paying too much attention to the country’s stars abroad and neglecting the grassroots. But as a member of the federation, you have been involved in football at the grassroots. Would you say are fulfilled?

I will be honest with you, that’s one of the reasons I vied for a position in the NFF. And I made it clear when I was looking for votes that the reason why I want to be in the NFF is for youth development, which is my passion. When people make all these complains, they forget that things have gone bad for decades, they won’t turn right overnight. Let’s be honest and look at the league five years ago, it was almost dead. We even wanted to have a Lagos super league at a time, but the minister of sports (then) told me, ‘Seyi, you cannot do it. If you do, the national league will cease to exist.’ So, if you are in a position where a state league can usurp the position of a national league, you don’t expect that in five years everything will change; it takes a while. If we can do this grassroots tournament freely across the country we will have a pool of talents, a pool of kids who are exposed to competition early, who are exposed to interaction with people from other places early in life, it will affect the kind of football they play. Education affects the kind of football you play, it affects your exposure. If we can do this, things will change, we just need to be patient, but in Nigeria we are always in a hurry. We have players in the national team who are locally based, we have done well so it is not about ability, it is about the gravitation as we are now. In time to come, you will ask a player, ‘a team from another country wants your services.’ And the player will say, ‘no, I want to stay here.’ We will get there, but it has to be gradual.

Do you have plans like using football to help reintegrate the IDPs back into the society?

Yes, the NFF has been doing that. Recently we went to give out cheques for the insurance of somebody who died in Borno, and the crowd was immense. We’ve shown the pictures of El-Kanemi playing and the whole stadium was full, even the Federal Government used that picture. We’ve had no fights in their matches over there throughout last year and the year before. When these kids got back to Borno after the Channels Kids Cup, they were like heroes, people were waiting on the streets for them. That is what we trying to do by giving them education and football charity awards because that way people will know that there is more to life than killing and fighting each other.

In terms of organisation, what are the plans on ground to ensure a successful tournament for the kids?

I have a team doing this year-in-year-out. We have a state government who is supportive, so we have a hostel in Teslim Balogun Stadium where we keep these kids. We have people who are donating money to feed the kids, we are giving all the teams money to transport themselves to and fro to locations, we have people who gave us jerseys for the kids. So, in terms of logistics, we are quite fine, there is really no problem at all, we are used to doing this anyway, it is our home ground. As far as logistics and the health of the kids are concerned, we are on top on that. We must take it seriously. It is like a child coming to your house, you have to look after that child like the child is your own.

Are there incentives for outstanding players at the championship?

Yes, we have kids who will be superstars in any competition, that is what I think. So, we have scouts, we have coaches who will be there to independently write the list of players in terms of how well they play, their attitude and potential. In terms of incentives to individual players, what we are trying to do is to give the best player in each of the four schools a scholarship and then we monitor that kid specially, so that becomes our project, to make sure that the kids are doing well. The scholarships will take them to the end of their private school days . But we will monitor them and see if they need help, it means that they are part of the family. Then we can support them further. But one thing is sure, if they are that good, when we are having our programmes for the U-15 national team, they will be invited to prove their worth, and that means they won’t go into oblivion. That is the benefit of this kind of tournament because every coach wants a player who will improve his team in an empirical way and luckily, the Channels Kids Cup is an NFF endorsed event, so we are not doing anything under the table.

Copyright PUNCH.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

FATHER TIKO wrote:

According to my sauce: Shenu was 'promised' to take over after Pinnick, (they still don't know how to manage Seyi Ambition).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

How about the Dangote National football Stadium with no running track!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

People like Dangote would love to invest, actually more Dangote's would emerge if the business climate was easier.

You want people to invest in Stadia? Maybe they would be so inclined if their overheads were lower. If energy was delivered as it should be and cost effectively. What happens when an Adenuga or an Otedola comes along and builds your grandiose edifice, but the requisite transport hubs and connections are nonexistent?

I'm sure Pinnick, Diko et al will form a good partnership with businessmen like Dangote, as they have already done with other sponsors. But ultimately until the FG and State Governments do their part as well, we will only scratch the surface.

But this is a start, kudos to the leadership of LMC and NFF for thinking ahead.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

but come to think of it, there is no reason why a 70,000 stadium is not viable in Eti-Osa, particularly with the growth in the entertainment industry. Transport there is still questionable, but doable.

No track stadium? Perhaps, but multi-purpose nonetheless. It would need to accommodate concerts all year round. The likes of Davido, Wizkid, Tekno etc. would funnily enough help to sustain the viability. They are already selling out large venues around the world, why not 70K in Lagos?

The revenue can then be used to grow football proper.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote:but come to think of it, there is no reason why a 70,000 stadium is not viable in Eti-Osa, particularly with the growth in the entertainment industry. Transport there is still questionable, but doable.

No track stadium? Perhaps, but multi-purpose nonetheless. It would need to accommodate concerts all year round. The likes of Davido, Wizkid, Tekno etc. would funnily enough help to sustain the viability. They are already selling out large venues around the world, why not 70K in Lagos?

How large though? :idea:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:Who are they L-R?
??-PINNICK-DANGOTE-INFANTINO-??-OTEDOLA
Exactly what I was asking myself. Thanks for the question, Damunk! Who is who in the picture?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:but come to think of it, there is no reason why a 70,000 stadium is not viable in Eti-Osa, particularly with the growth in the entertainment industry. Transport there is still questionable, but doable.

Really? Around the world?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Eti-osa ke? Land cost and Omonile would make that project impossible.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The guy on the left look like Shehu Dikko.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Dangote should not give the money to the NFF directly. He has to be hands on how the money is used.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:

How large though? :idea:
70K is okay for Lagos. Can also make money just outside the stadium. Would generate employment.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Infantino don hammer!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

As always this Pinnick is a Pin head !..he is asking for all the wrong things.

He doesn't need Dagote or Otedola for sponsorship of the Nigerian league....What he needs them for more than their money is first Business and organizational ideas to turn Nigerian football into the goldmine that it is...

That money that Dagote wants to go use in buying Arsenal, they should think about using it to start a "SUPER ELITE YOUTH LEAGUE" that would be the best in the world. He would make 10 times the profit from it and it would be a sustainable model.

Our best product are our youth players, its what the world wants.. We a proven commodity in the youth football world. 5 world championships. We are the brazil of that level. However the big donut hole in our football is in the 18-21 age category... too old for Academy football and not old enough for National league football. And there or no U-18, U-19, u20, U21 competition in Africa or Nigeria. This is where the business opportunity is..

So instead of sending them to North Africa and backwaters of europe, they should be getting their training in Nigeria in all our ELITE ACADEMIES in our ELITE YOUTH LEAGUE manned by top world coaches and systems based in Nigeria. So that they can sell the players at a premium instead of the money going to Belgium, north African teams. and every other backwater league in the world. Cut out the middle man, no need for sell-on clauses.. Sell the finished product for $20MM per head. Dagote and his business associates with all their business acumen will make it happen and they will make a $#% load of money.

He should also be talking to them about a sports manufacturing and marketing company like Nike & Addidas. Nigeria is now a proven product. We are ripe for a Nigerian based marketing brand. Black people all over the world will buy it. Even whites too. Again, marry it with Nollywood, Music, Nigerian football. its a winning combination
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ohenhen1 wrote:Dangote should not give the money to the NFF directly. He has to be hands on how the money is used.
In accountable nations that’s the way it’s done,a sponsor is not there to feed you,the NFF are supposed to discuss what they need the money for.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

JACKAL wrote:As always this Pinnick is a Pin head !..he is asking for all the wrong things.

He doesn't need Dagote or Otedola for sponsorship of the Nigerian league....What he needs them for more than their money is first Business and organizational ideas to turn Nigerian football into the goldmine that it is...

That money that Dagote wants to go use in buying Arsenal, they should think about using it to start a "SUPER ELITE YOUTH LEAGUE" that would be the best in the world. He would make 10 times the profit from it and it would be a sustainable model.

Our best product are our youth players, its what the world wants.. We a proven commodity in the youth football world. 5 world championships. We are the brazil of that level. However the big donut hole in our football is in the 18-21 age category... too old for Academy football and not old enough for National league football. And there or no U-18, U-19, u20, U21 competition in Africa or Nigeria. This is where the business opportunity is..

So instead of sending them to North Africa and backwaters of europe, they should be getting their training in Nigeria in all our ELITE ACADEMIES in our ELITE YOUTH LEAGUE manned by top world coaches and systems based in Nigeria. So that they can sell the players at a premium instead of the money going to Belgium, north African teams. and every other backwater league in the world. Cut out the middle man, no need for sell-on clauses.. Sell the finished product for $20MM per head. Dagote and his business associates with all their business acumen will make it happen and they will make a $#% load of money.

He should also be talking to them about a sports manufacturing and marketing company like Nike & Addidas. Nigeria is now a proven product. We are ripe for a Nigerian based marketing brand. Black people all over the world will buy it. Even whites too. Again, marry it with Nollywood, Music, Nigerian football. its a winning combination

WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH THE PLAN ABOVE OR NOT...

...whether it would work as presented or not, this is the kind of thinking needed in Nigeria. And not just in sports. Analyze it and suggest improvements as necesary. Thank you, sir.
Bell
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bell wrote:
JACKAL wrote:As always this Pinnick is a Pin head !..he is asking for all the wrong things.

WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH THE PLAN ABOVE OR NOT...

...whether it would work as presented or not, this is the kind of thinking needed in Nigeria. And not just in sports. Analyze it and suggest improvements as necesary. Thank you, sir.
Bell
The sad thing is the people that get payed in Nigeria don't think that far ahead just look at Nigeria the people yesterday had no vision for today and the people today have no vision for tomorrow all they want is money now but nothing will change that mindset whilst they are still around!