Arnaut the Danjuma Dumps Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Arnaut the Danjuma Dumps Nigeria

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arnaut the Danjuma Dumps Nigeria

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Call me sceptic but I wasn't expecting him to play for Nigeria and if his international career falls through and he becomes a nobody Nigerians wouldn't even remember this so.........?
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

We missed out on this one. Just my opinion. I wish we had put the press on him at the initial stage. This dude can play
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The guy is good so I'm not surprised they called him before us, and of course he will always choose them. If he is a left over and they don't cap him then he will come play for us...simple as that.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Silly boy, He just pulled a silly stunt which paid off. He was never really interested in Nigeria. He used Nigeria to force the dutch's hand. Naija has been played.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

how could he have dumped us when we never invited him?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

fledy wrote:We missed out on this one. Just my opinion. I wish we had put the press on him at the initial stage. This dude can play
You cannot miss out on what you never had.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

DIMKA76 wrote:Silly boy, He just pulled a silly stunt which paid off. He was never really interested in Nigeria. He used Nigeria to force the dutch's hand. Naija has been played.
Getting what you want doesn't make you silly but falling for such a trick multiple times is pathetic.
How many times must Nigerians fall for this?If some body wants to play for Nigeria with a possibility of another nation showing interest they should sort it out professionally and under the radar and the NFF shouldn't go public until the deal is confirmed,we are dealing with professional footballers who ply their trade in a professional setting but because they Nigerians don't understand that they use Nigeria to get the attention of their preferred national team!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Eaglezbeak wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Silly boy, He just pulled a silly stunt which paid off. He was never really interested in Nigeria. He used Nigeria to force the dutch's hand. Naija has been played.
Getting what you want doesn't make you silly but falling for such a trick multiple times is pathetic.
How many times must Nigerians fall for this?If some body wants to play for Nigeria with a possibility of another nation showing interest they should sort it out professionally and under the radar and the NFF shouldn't go public until the deal is confirmed,we are dealing with professional footballers who ply their trade in a professional setting but because they Nigerians don't understand that they use Nigeria to get the attention of their preferred national team!

I am missing something here. Did the NFF show interest in him? Because everything I read suggests that he was the one talking about Nigeria, nit teh other way round.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

I am missing something here. Did the NFF show interest in him? Because everything I read suggests that he was the one talking about Nigeria, nit teh other way round.
Well I did separate my opinion From my questions and stated from factraul evidence and at no point mentioned what happened in this instance (involving Arnaut) but yes the NFF have gone public in the past over similar situations and I personally don't think that should happen.This time I heard the hype from CE fans and didn't believe he was going to play for Nigeria at any point as it clearly reads above in my first post!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

fledy wrote:We missed out on this one. Just my opinion. I wish we had put the press on him at the initial stage. This dude can play
Just saw an absolutely spectacular goal he scored against Atletico today, from absolutely nothing, against Jan Oblak of all people. Wow!

[/video]
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohsee wrote:
Just saw an absolutely spectacular goal he scored against Atletico today, from absolutely nothing, against Jan Oblak of all people. Wow!

[/video]
If you were wondering why Holland were fast to cap this kid... Look no further than that absolute beauty of a goal he scored,the placement alone... I'm not the type to go crazy over this foreign born or bred kids that burst into the spotlight, but on this one I can definitely say we have definitely lost a gem... but nothing spoil.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:
ohsee wrote:

[/video]
If you were wondering why Holland were fast to cap this kid... Look no further than that absolute beauty of a goal he scored,the placement alone... I'm not the type to go crazy over this foreign born or bred kids that burst into the spotlight, but on this one I can definitely say we have definitely lost a gem... but nothing spoil.
We didn't raise him or nurture or coach him the Dutch did all that so Nigeria didn't lose or even find him!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:
ohsee wrote:

[/video]
YouTube is bad for ya head! His team got beat like they stole bread at oshodi market. Do you have a YouTube clip of the hatrick the man he supposed to be tracking scored?
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

all these things are you guys heads simple
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ghanaweb dumps Kongi
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:how could he have dumped us when we never invited him?
Exactly what I thought. How can we miss what we never had? Anyway, good luck to him
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Tobi17 wrote:
ohsee wrote:

[/video]
My bros, I am not sure Holland has capped him at senior level--I just saw that he got a call up. Unless someone can show me evidence, wherever I look, they say he is still eligible to play for both Nigeria and the Netherlands, unless he plays on October 13 in a competitive game. I don't know when the kid left Lagos, but he was born there. And he wears "Danjuma" on his jersey, not his mom's name Groeneveld, which is sometimes how he is listed. I think it says something, but I could be wrong.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

If its the likes of Danjuma that we are getting from this foreign first policy then I would be ecstatic about it, but the truth is, the real gems like Danjuma WILL be snapped up by the bigger countries.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:If its the likes of Danjuma that we are getting from this foreign first policy then I would be ecstatic about it, but the truth is, the real gems like Danjuma WILL be snapped up by the bigger countries.
But it shouldn't get to a situation where the boy is calling for Nigeria to come for him. If you want a real shot at "real gems" start putting in work early before they become to hot to be ignored by the countries that groomed them especially for those kids that express an interest in Nigeria.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

‘He Isn’t Keen On Playing For Nigeria ‘ – NFF Chief Opens Up On Failed Attempt To Lure Club Brugge Arnold Danjuma
October 4, 201801

A chieftain of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) has exclusively revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com how they tried but failed to lure Club Brugge rave of the moment Arnold Groeneveld Danjuma ‎to the Super Eagles.

Danjuma scored one of the goals of the latest round of the UEFA Champions League in Club Brugge’s 1-3 loss to Atletico Madrid and it led to Nigerians questioning why the wing forward was allowed to play for the Netherlands unchallenged.

Born in Nigeria to a Dutch mother and a Nigerian father, the forward who recently made his debut for the Dutch U21 said he is open to the idea of playing for Nigeria after his debut but insist on the Netherlands where he was brought up as his top priority.

The Dutch wasted no time in handing him a call up but the NFF did contacted him before his debut for the U21 of the Netherlands but according to a chieftain of the NFF, he has his mind made up already.

” I can categorically tell you that we approached him to play for Nigeria even before he played for the U21 of the Netherlands. However like most kids raised abroad he felt more Dutch than Nigerian. We can’t force him”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com on the condition of anonymity.

” It’s not what it seems because even when he said he is open to playing for Nigeria, the Dutch were still his first option and despite his statement he wasn’t keen when we (NFF) approached him via his representatives”, he concluded.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/10/04/he ... d-danjuma/
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:If its the likes of Danjuma that we are getting from this foreign first policy then I would be ecstatic about it, but the truth is, the real gems like Danjuma WILL be snapped up by the bigger countries.
But it shouldn't get to a situation where the boy is calling for Nigeria to come for him. If you want a real shot at "real gems" start putting in work early before they become to hot to be ignored by the countries that groomed them especially for those kids that express an interest in Nigeria.
Menn, we might have to start capping potential foreign players in their early teens :rotf: Because by 19 your potential is pretty well known and you are usually on track to fulfill it. And the ones that aren't on track are usually those ready and willing to turn out for us.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Danjuma is Dutch..........I don't blame him.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley