Is Salah a one hit wonder?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Is Salah a one hit wonder?

Post by Benedict Iroha »

I thought the dude was over-hyped last season.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Is Salah a one hit wonder?

Post by balo »

Benedict Iroha wrote:I thought the dude was over-hyped last season.

How was he over-hyped? Wasn't he consistently good last season? Season is still young.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Another London cyber classic :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Based on what? My brother na wao.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It may even be the mentality.

Messi became the real deal in 2007/2008. But one might question if his performances would have taken an early dive, without the introduction of the rivalry with Ronaldo.

Performing consistently at the highest of highests levels for 10 years+ is NOT normal.

What Salah did last season was the real deal, somehow he must be able to continue to do so for many years to come to draw comparison with the aforementioned players, that takes more than talent, it takes more than ability.

It doesn't mean he was ever over-hyped though.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

lol...how so?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Another London cyber classic :laugh:
Put your money and ifa where your mouth is, Salah ain't scoring 30 EPL goals this season
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Apparently he was better than Messi and Ronaldo last season, hmm
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:Apparently he was better than Messi and Ronaldo last season, hmm
Better than almost every player that play the game from Hazard,Neymar, etc
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Once in a while a player's performance drops.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

He hasn't recovered his form since the CL final. He was rushed back during the WC and was way off his game and also played like crap in our 6-0 win over Niger (granted, Egypt's NT is sh*t this year). His touch is heavy and his shots are way off. I'm not worried at all though. He's still making good runs, finding space, and creating scoring chances. I'd be more worried if he wasn't creating opportunities for himself and his teammates. He has a good work ethic so I expect him to start clicking eventually and if that happens, he's bound to score another 20+ goals this season given Liverpool's playing style.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Last season was an outlier. He’d never scored more tgan 15 goals in a league
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

joplass wrote:Once in a while a player's performance drops.
More like once in a while a player hits highs, but only the truly elite can maintain them. Everybody is watching this season, hopefully he can show he is elite...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

YUJAM wrote:Last season was an outlier. He’d never scored more tgan 15 goals in a league
You are not very smart :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

See bad belle, Salah started slow last season as well..I just think the guy is fatigued
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:See bad belle, Salah started slow last season as well..I just think the guy is fatigued
Stating ones opinion is not "bad belle". Firstly - scoring 40 goals inbthe EPL is a rare occurrence. So the chances of him doing it again is very slim. Secondly- Salah had a stellar season last time. He's not a 30 goals a season man. He's never been. So smart money will be on him NOT repeating it twice in a row.

You can always put your "good belle" where your mouth is and state your prediction? :D
Last edited by pajimoh on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I remember this Brazillian that played for Werder Bremen(Ayeldson?). Now when you talk of a one hit wonder, there should be a picture of him for demonstration.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

bamenda boy wrote:I remember this Brazillian that played for Werder Bremen(Ayeldson?). Now when you talk of a one hit wonder, there should be a picture of him for demonstration.
Ailton.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

YemiBrazil wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:I remember this Brazillian that played for Werder Bremen(Ayeldson?). Now when you talk of a one hit wonder, there should be a picture of him for demonstration.
Ailton.
But he's saying the same thing, just with a goat accent :twisted: :tic: :sneaky:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

pajimoh wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Ailton.
But he's saying the same thing, just with a goat accent :twisted: :tic: :sneaky:
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :taunt:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

bamenda boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Ailton.
sorry o. na yoke I dey yoke o :tic: :D
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

pajimoh wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Ailton.
Pajimoh how body? Long time. You know I have never taken anything to her here now? Hope family is good.
By the way Totoham is still uselsess.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

bamenda boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Ailton.
Pajimoh how body? Long time. You know I have never taken anything to her here now? Hope family is good.
By the way Totoham is still uselsess.
By His Grace o, family dey fine and yours?

You see how trobu dey sit down jejely and you go poke am with stick? Abegi, there's nothing useless about my toto in ham :sneaky: