[TBL] West Ham (3-1) Man United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] West Ham (3-1) Man United

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:...manchester United is finished as top whatever club. From now on they got to fight for mid table.
We not finished, our board need to act now
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
mcal wrote:...manchester United is finished as top whatever club. From now on they got to fight for mid table.
Marko logic

Board - not to blame
Manager - blame
Players - no blame

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
Marko logic

Board - not to blame
Manager - blame
Players - no blame

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Just asking....not sure why but maybe curiosity.

Paul Pogba......He played at Juventus under Antonio Conte and Maxi Allegri and actually won titles with them reached the champions league finals as one of their best players. He was actually well behaved and had a clean disciplinary record besides being dropped once for coming to late for practice. His agent said that extenuating circumstances were behind his late coming. He is playing for the french national team under Didier Deschamps where he just helped them to win the world cup. Didier Deschamps recently credited him for assuming the leadership of the team and acting as a link between the younger and older players within the national team. He is eccentric yes but otherwise non of the managers he played under never complained about him(as far as I know). Why now?

The same thing apply with Anthony Martial.

Is there by any chance that the said players(and some other players within that team) are used by the manager as scapegoats for his( and the board to some extent) failure to get the best out of the team?

We both know that Mourinho has got history of falling out with players after spending a certain amount of time with them. Are the problems at the club partly/fully due to that or due to the board failing to sign players he wanted?

Would that mean, the board should sign a completely new set of players because this current batch seem not to be reacting to his methods(at least now), even the ones he signed?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

bk-one wrote:
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
Marko logic

Board - not to blame
Manager - blame
Players - no blame

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Paul Pogba......He played at Juventus under Antonio Conte and Maxi Allegri and actually won titles with them reached the champions league finals as one of their best players. He was actually well behaved and had a clean disciplinary record besides being dropped once for coming to late for practice. His agent said that extenuating circumstances were behind his late coming. He is playing for the french national team under Didier Deschamps where he just helped them to win the world cup. Didier Deschamps recently credited him for assuming the leadership of the team and acting as a link between the younger and older players within the national team. He is eccentric yes but otherwise non of the managers he played under never complained about him(as far as I know). Why now?

Is there by any chance that the said players(and some other players within that team) are used by the manager as scapegoats for his( and the board to some extent) failure to get the best out of the team?

We both know that Mourinho has got history of falling out with players after spending a certain amount of time with them. Are the problems at the club partly/fully due to that or due to the board failing to sign players he wanted?

Would that mean, the board should sign a completely new set of players because this current batch seem not to be reacting to his methods(at least now), even the ones he signed?

I actually think the easiest solution so far is to say Jose is the problem at United gets rid of him.

But the real fun will start when a new manager comes in as starts experiencing a bit of the same issues.
That is when we may say for sure who was at fault.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

bk-one wrote:
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
Marko logic

Board - not to blame
Manager - blame
Players - no blame

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Pogba was not the star at Juventus nor the Star at the French National team. At United, he is the star to carry the weight of the team. That load is too heavy for him and he seems not ready yet.

Signing Mourinho was a mistake and the purchase of Pogba, Sanchez etc are bigger mistakes.

United is in TROUBLE
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The problem is Mourinho. His methods fail to motivate players in his 3rd season.
Why ManU signed him to an extension is baffling. They should have waited out his 3rd season.

The only break I give to Mourinho, is the fact that he didn't have his 1st team for the preseason. He complained about that in their USA trip.

Fans who are slugging players, especially Pogba, clearly don't know what they are talking about.

I suggest they look at Mourinho's spell at Real Madrid.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Slow down bros - when they eventually get serious, an underdog tag on a super rich club will always be a huge advantage then boom... they are back at the top :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

bk-one wrote:
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
Marko logic

Board - not to blame
Manager - blame
Players - no blame

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

never really heard about Pogba disciplinary record at Italy, dont think he had issues, he was a star player there helping Juventus to several titles, champions league final, young player of the year, all of a sudden, he comes in touch with Mourinho and things go down hill

lets look at Mourinho and his famous fall outs, lets include players he allowed to leave on loan

Ronaldo- falling out
salah- allowed to leave, now world class player at liverpool
ramos- falling out
casillas- shipped away
robben-falling out
du bryne- allowed to leave chelsea, now world class at city
lukaku- not suitable for him at chelsea
Martial- not good enough for united
rashford- not good enough to start
bailly- not a leader on the pitch
shaw- he had to think for him on the pitch
hazard- fell out with Chelsea
Pogba- took captainvy away from him
Miky- sold to arsenal after winning Bundesliga player of the year or Borrusia dortmund player of the year
Jones- not a leader on the pitch

can we see a pattern? now same scenario is playing out at united, not even groomed any potential stars at united, united is his last chance at coaching a high profile club, from now it goes downhill, maybe in China or international team but i am not sure anyone will want to touch him

I just hope he takes time out and come back a better person
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko