Is Balogun out injured?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Is Balogun out injured?

Post by 1naija »

I didn't see him against Man city.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Balogun out injured?

Post by maceo4 »

No...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Probably hiding under the bench :biggrin:.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

They wont play him with that English dude Dunk starting, even if their defense was clearly much better when he started for Brighton.

He should be patient. At some point, the coach will care more about his job than his patriotism. Them maybe he will play his best defenders.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

the injured player he was starting in place of is back
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Yes o. He played very well when Dunk was out. Whatever the case he'll get his chance BUT Dunk is the face of that club and unless your name is Pele, and Dunk has no legs then Balogun will have chance barring injuries. If he (Balogun) plays objectively better, that will not be enough to bench Dunk...sentiment factor
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

charlie wrote:They wont play him with that English dude Dunk starting, even if their defense was clearly much better when he started for Brighton.

He should be patient. At some point, the coach will care more about his job than his patriotism. Them maybe he will play his best defenders.
Kpom. That Chris Houghton guy is an English man to the core.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

icee wrote:Yes o. He played very well when Dunk was out. Whatever the case he'll get his chance BUT Dunk is the face of that club and unless your name is Pele, and Dunk has no legs then Balogun will have chance barring injuries. If he (Balogun) plays objectively better, that will not be enough to bench Dunk...sentiment factor
... then Balogun is doomed - it seems. In such is the situation, what is/are Balogun's options(s)?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

At 29, Balogun can rest his legs and play a mental game from the bench.
I always improve my game, while playing a mental game due injury or other issues.
Thus Balogun can be ready for SE matches while collecting his weekly 'donations'.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Oloye warned about the situation when Balogun joined Brighton. He said Dunk and Duffy were about the first names on the team sheet and that Balogun faces a Herculean task in displacing either of them.
Last edited by Dammy on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Except that Chris Hughton is Irish and Ghanaian, and played over 50 times for the Republic of Ireland.
Sir V wrote:
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

icee wrote:Yes o. He played very well when Dunk was out. Whatever the case he'll get his chance BUT Dunk is the face of that club and unless your name is Pele, and Dunk has no legs then Balogun will have chance barring injuries. If he (Balogun) plays objectively better, that will not be enough to bench Dunk...sentiment factor
KPOM! Balogun is waaayy better than Dunk. It's not even close, even check the results of the games. Balogun played against Man U and Liverpool and they conceded less goals in those games. I agree it's a sentiment factor for Hughton. If it doesn't get better by January, I believe he should move else where.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote:
KPOM! Balogun is waaayy better than Dunk. It's not even close, even check the results of the games. Balogun played against Man U and Liverpool and they conceded less goals in those games. I agree it's a sentiment factor for Hughton. If it doesn't get better by January, I believe he should move else where.
Or if things don't get better, Houston might be forced to leave and who knows? The new manager might start to field Balogun over Dunk - if he truly is that much better.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Damunk wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Or if things don't get better, Houston might be forced to leave and who knows? The new manager might start to field Balogun over Dunk - if he truly is that much better.

:biggrin:

"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Sir V wrote:
charlie wrote:They wont play him with that English dude Dunk starting, even if their defense was clearly much better when he started for Brighton.

With a Ghanaian and Irish back ground that would be hard one but any way......
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Its very difficult to displace an established CB duo especially when they are not shipping in goals. Didn't they play together all of last season? Balogun will have opportunities at some point.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16