One cold Star beer..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: One cold Star beer..

Post by azuka »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Gotti wrote:
cic old boy wrote:For the first person to name the players here:
Squatting (R-L): Segun Odegbami (capt); Henry Nwosu; Muda Lawal (RIP); Felix Owolabi, Andrew (not Alloy) Atuegbu; Sylvanus Okpalla
Standing (L-R): Christian Chukwu; Tunji Banjo; Kenneth (Okey) Boardman; Okey Isima (RIP); Tunde Bamidele; Christian Nwokocha; Peter Rufai; Stephen Keshi; and David Adiele (?).

Donate the beer to charity (or to SIR V - same difference :lol: )!
My man Gotti,
For the first time, you yab o... how that guy resemble Adiele?
That face is more like Thompson Usiyan's...(Oga Enugu II, over to you...)
Dem recall am..? (along with Chairman Chukwu & Andrew Atuegbu; in a fit of vanity by NFA, because there was no need for those recalls) for that futile final leg play-off against Algeria at Sports-City...

Remember that fateful afternoon like yesterday...Sat Oct 10 1981...Uncle carry me go stadium, but size of the crowd spooked him so much that we had to turn back home...watched the game on TV...
That's definitely not Usiyen.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kai....this post brought Gotti out of retirement :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

The only folks I was able to identify were Odegbami, Muda, Nwosu, Banjo, Ogedegbe, Rufai, Chukwu and perhaps, Bamidele.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

kajifu wrote:That Ranger team will beat likes of Barca of today silly,this players only looking at their picture put fear to your heart.
You have started drinking the beer already?? :blink: :blink:
YNWA
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Kai....this post brought Gotti out of retirement :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

The only folks I was able to identify were Odegbami, Muda, Nwosu, Banjo, Ogedegbe, Rufai, Chukwu and perhaps, Bamidele.
Owoblow dey dia too, so you nor see young Keshi there?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Kai....this post brought Gotti out of retirement :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I see am and Gotti don name all of them.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Gotti wrote:
Squatting (R-L): Segun Odegbami (capt); Henry Nwosu; Muda Lawal (RIP); Felix Owolabi, Andrew (not Alloy) Atuegbu; Sylvanus Okpalla
Standing (L-R): Christian Chukwu; Tunji Banjo; Kenneth (Okey) Boardman; Okey Isima (RIP); Tunde Bamidele; Christian Nwokocha; Peter Rufai; Stephen Keshi; and David Adiele (?).

:lol: I need correct brandy.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

azuka wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Gotti wrote:

My man Gotti,
For the first time, you yab o... how that guy resemble Adiele?
That face is more like Thompson Usiyan's...(Oga Enugu II, over to you...)
Dem recall am..? (along with Chairman Chukwu & Andrew Atuegbu; in a fit of vanity by NFA, because there was no need for those recalls) for that futile final leg play-off against Algeria at Sports-City...

Remember that fateful afternoon like yesterday...Sat Oct 10 1981...Uncle carry me go stadium, but size of the crowd spooked him so much that we had to turn back home...watched the game on TV...
That's definitely not Usiyen.
By 1982 I have already left Nigeria for a long time thus I was not abreast with Nigeria soccer. Please was Chukwu striped off the SE captainship and handed over to Odegbami?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

bully12 wrote:By 1982 I have already left Nigeria for a long time thus I was not abreast with Nigeria soccer. Please was Chukwu striped off the SE captainship and handed over to Odegbami?
Chukwu retired from the national team after winning the ANC. There was a clamour for him to come back esp after Rangers' feats in 1981. So he came back for the WC qualifiers.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
CIC, take time o...
Nonsense you..! Ordinary Level..!! Adjective Soldier..!! Eating turkey and giving me the winging part of it... Just watched a clip of Icheoku at a pal's home on Oct 1... :biggrin:

You dangled a prize, then swiftly nullified your offer by responding to your question... Rubbish..I want my Guinness...
:lol: The competition had run for two days.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:

I no recognize am, as I no follow you give am crunching tackle onibeji.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cic old boy wrote:
Gotti wrote: Squatting (R-L): Segun Odegbami (capt); Henry Nwosu; Muda Lawal (RIP); Felix Owolabi, Andrew (not Alloy) Atuegbu; Sylvanus Okpalla

:clap: :clap:
You try. I think it was Godwin Odiye that you referred to as Adiele.
That can't be Odiye because i doubt if he ever played for the SE again after the own goal against Tunisia in the race for the 1978 World Cup. Remember he never even made the 1980 ANC winning team if my memory is correct.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Guys I am confused. Did Nigeria make it to the 82 WC?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bamenda boy wrote:Guys I am confused. Did Nigeria make it to the 82 WC?
They didn't fail to win each of their games at that World Cup I'll tell you that.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Nope. We lost to Algeria i believe.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

cic old boy wrote:
bully12 wrote:By 1982 I have already left Nigeria for a long time thus I was not abreast with Nigeria soccer. Please was Chukwu striped off the SE captainship and handed over to Odegbami?
Chukwu retired from the national team after winning the ANC. There was a clamour for him to come back esp after Rangers' feats in 1981. So he came back for the WC qualifiers.
Thanks
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The picture is from the 82 WC qualifiers.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

azuka wrote:
That can't be Odiye because i doubt if he ever played for the SE again after the own goal against Tunisia in the race for the 1978 World Cup. Remember he never even made the 1980 ANC winning team if my memory is correct.
Odiye came back after 1978, this time he was based in the US. He was part of the 1980 ANC squad. I think he made appearances as a sub during the WC 82 qualifiers.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cic old boy wrote:
Gotti wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Another bottle if you can name this Rangers line up.
Way too many blurry faces in the pic, but the recognizable ones are...

Squatting (R-L): Emmanuel Okala; Emmanuel Osigwe; Alloysius Atuegbu; Patrick Okala (RIP); Anthony "Irongate" Orji; Blurry; Kenneth Boardman; Blurry.
Standing (R-L): Sam "404" Onyeaka; Christian Chukwu; Christian Ogbodo (RIP); Blurry; Amaechi "Darkness" Igweobi (?); Blurry; Ifeanyi "Ahidjo" Onyedika; Sylvanus ("Hafia"/"Qiucksilver") Okpalla; and Ejike the Physiotherapist!

Send a bottle of Guinness to OLOYE! :lol:
Squatting 1st blurry on Boardman's right is Ibezim Ofoedu (who entered yawa with Stone Igwebuike in the US), 2nd blurry to Boardman's left is Uche Okonkwo (I think, need to confirm later).

Standing 1st blurry b/w Ogbodo and Igweobi is Mike Ogbuodudu, 2nd blurry b/w Ahidjo and Darkness Igweobi is Innocent Obiekwo.
That was Uche Nwachukwu.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

kajifu wrote:That Ranger team will beat likes of Barca of today silly,this players only looking at their picture put fear to your heart.
but these are mostly the 1980s Rangers; equally good but not the dreaded 70s Rangers. I dont see sam okoronkwo, ufele, nwobodo etc
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

cic old boy wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Gotti wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Another bottle if you can name this Rangers line up.
Way too many blurry faces in the pic, but the recognizable ones are...

Squatting (R-L): Emmanuel Okala; Emmanuel Osigwe; Alloysius Atuegbu; Patrick Okala (RIP); Anthony "Irongate" Orji; Blurry; Kenneth Boardman; Blurry.
Standing (R-L): Sam "404" Onyeaka; Christian Chukwu; Christian Ogbodo (RIP); Blurry; Amaechi "Darkness" Igweobi (?); Blurry; Ifeanyi "Ahidjo" Onyedika; Sylvanus ("Hafia"/"Qiucksilver") Okpalla; and Ejike the Physiotherapist!

Send a bottle of Guinness to OLOYE! :lol:
Squatting 1st blurry on Boardman's right is Ibezim Ofoedu (who entered yawa with Stone Igwebuike in the US), 2nd blurry to Boardman's left is Uche Okonkwo (I think, need to confirm later).

Standing 1st blurry b/w Ogbodo and Igweobi is Mike Ogbuodudu, 2nd blurry b/w Ahidjo and Darkness Igweobi is Innocent Obiekwo.
That was Uche Nwachukwu.
Uche Nwachukwu...that's one name I'd never have remembered in a hundred yrs (and I always believed I'm a bona fide Rangers encyclopaedia...)

Oya, CIC, I no vex again...I withdraw the demand for that Guinness... :biggrin:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

FATHER TIKO wrote: Uche Nwachukwu...that's one name I'd never have remembered in a hundred yrs (and I always believed I'm a bona fide Rangers encyclopaedia...)

Oya, CIC, I no vex again...I withdraw the demand for that Guinness... :biggrin:
:lol: I will still buy you Guinness. Uche was mainly a squad player.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

jette1 wrote: but these are mostly the 1980s Rangers; equally good but not the dreaded 70s Rangers. I dont see sam okoronkwo, ufele, nwobodo etc
Stanley
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

jette1 wrote:
but these are mostly the 1980s Rangers; equally good but not the dreaded 70s Rangers. I dont see sam okoronkwo, ufele, nwobodo etc
Honestly 70's Rangers are most revered and fearsome team I have seen in my lifetime . To name a few Emeka Onyedika, Harrison Mecha, Ogidi Ibeabuchi, Kenneth Ilodibe , Dominic Ezeani , Nwabueze Nwankwo, Ernest Ufele , Chimezie Ngadi, Motimor Okoroigwe, masters of them all Christain Chukwu and Man mountain Okala. I loved this team to death . When I was leaving late 70's Nigeria I was shedding tears because of the thought of
missing my darling team. Then I absolutely believed the team was invincible until moronic Hafia of Guenia defeated them then idiotic Bendel. That's the last match I watched I left Nigeria. Less I forget Dominic Nwobodo and Mathias Obianaka. For me this is best team that ever walked on the surface of earth. I have never loved any team like like this team maybe Phil slama jama Houston Cougars in the beginning of eighties.
Last edited by bully12 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.