Iwobi now Prince of Arsenal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Iwobi now Prince of Arsenal

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

After a couple so so years the boy is now the darling of the fickle Arsenal fans who have always targeted him for abuse even when he was doing well. Now the boy is turning into the player we all thought he could be, his haters have now scattered in obscurity, no where to be found.

Thank God for kelechi, he has always supported Iwobino matter what, now he's able to say I told u so.Hes a real Nigerian football fan. Not those on CE who only associate with Nigeriamon YouTube and in sports.

Look at the passion, the joy , loyalty and believe he has for Iwobi. :clap: :clap:
[/video]

I wonder if Ayo and VE are still looking for a playmaker for SE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi now Prince of Arsenal

Post by kajifu »

True Arsenal and Naija fan Kelechi not some fake season ticket holders in London hating on Arsenal fans TV because they call the old French dictator out.Arsenal fans TV expose and promote Wenger out. and it work like charm.Iwobi is Arsenal best play maker but we have fake Arsenal fans that are Nigerians hating Iwobi just to promote over paid Ozil,
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Abeg change title to Iwobi is now King of Arsenal.Emery need to wake up and build his team around this boy not Ozil.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

kajifu wrote:True Arsenal and Naija fan Kelechi not some fake season ticket holders in London hating on Arsenal fans TV because they call the old French dictator out.Arsenal fans TV expose and promote Wenger out. and it work like charm.Iwobi is Arsenal best play maker but we have fake Arsenal fans that are Nigerians hating Iwobi just to promote over paid Ozil,

When trouble sleep, yanga go wake am........... :mrgreen:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:After a couple so so years the boy is now the darling of the fickle Arsenal fans who have always targeted him for abuse even when he was doing well. Now the boy is turning into the player we all thought he could be, his haters have now scattered in obscurity, no where to be found.

Thank God for kelechi, he has always supported Iwobino matter what, now he's able to say I told u so.Hes a real Nigerian football fan. Not those on CE who only associate with Nigeriamon YouTube and in sports.

Look at the passion, the joy , loyalty and believe he has for Iwobi. :clap: :clap:
[/video]

I wonder if Ayo and VE are still looking for a playmaker for SE.
Hopefully, you will get a job one day so you too can tell us I told you so, instead if spending 24/7 roaming the internet.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Iwobi is definitely rediscovering his form under Unai Emery, but all accolades should go to Wenger who brought him from the youth academy and gave him a chance inspite of all the heavy backlash Iwobi got last year as a result of his lethargic form... Wenger inspite of his shortcomings stood by our boy and got all manner of insults , that's why I'll always respect that man, loyalty is rare.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

kajifu wrote:True Arsenal and Naija fan Kelechi not some fake season ticket holders in London hating on Arsenal fans TV because they call the old French dictator out.Arsenal fans TV expose and promote Wenger out. and it work like charm.Iwobi is Arsenal best play maker but we have fake Arsenal fans that are Nigerians hating Iwobi just to promote over paid Ozil,

If you play Iwobi in the middle who will be on the wings for Arsenal? They have no other winger on the squad.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

is he really doing that well? :-)
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:is he really doing that well? :-)
One Arsenal legend thinks so....
Robert Pires reveals what he told Alex Iwobi after Arsenal’s victory v Watford
Metro Sport Reporter
Wednesday 3 Oct 2018 11:34 am

Alex Iwobi helped Arsenal defeat Watford at the weekend (Picture: Getty)

Robert Pires has revealed he told Alex Iwobi that he ‘made the difference’ for Arsenal in Saturday’s Premier League victory over Watford. The Gunners have enjoyed a fine run under new manager Unai Emery but appeared to be heading for a goalless draw at home to the Hornets. However, the hosts scored two late goals to secure their seventh consecutive victory and jump above Watford into fifth in the Premier League.

Iwobi replaced Aaron Ramsey with 30 minutes remaining and it was his cross that forced Watford’s Craig Cathcart to turn the ball into his own net for Arsenal’s opener. And the Nigerian’s performance caught the eye of Arsenal legend Pires, who believes Iwobi has a huge future ahead of him at the Emirates.

Robert Pires rates Iwobi highly (Picture: Getty)

‘I know just one thing, I told him after the game he made the difference,’ Pires told Standard Sport. ‘He’s a great player, very fast. ‘He finds good solutions on the field with his vision. He has good mentality and spirit. Of course, he’s young but he’s learning very quickly. ‘Arsenal with Alex Iwobi and Alex Iwobi with Arsenal have a good future.’

Iwobi, meanwhile, revealed after the 2-0 victory over Watford that Emery has told him to stop being ‘so critical’ about his own performances.
‘I’m more positive and more confident with the ball,’ the 22-year-old said. ‘The boss has basically told me that if something doesn’t work, just keep going and don’t dwell on it. ‘He’s told me to stop being so critical and to just keep trying no matter what happens, no matter if things don’t go as I want them to.

‘That’s given me a lot more confidence to try a few more things, like beat a player, to shoot more. I’m always ready to get on the ball a bit more, so I guess it’s helped in that sense. ‘I’ve lost a bit of weight because of the intense training and I think it’s made me a bit sharper.’

The Gunners continue their Europa League campaign on Thursday evening with a trip to Azerbaijan to face Qarabag. They then return to the Premier League and make the short trip across London to Fulham on Sunday.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/03/robert-p ... to=cbshare
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:is he really doing that well? :-)
One Arsenal legend thinks so....
Robert Pires reveals what he told Alex Iwobi after Arsenal’s victory v Watford
Metro Sport Reporter
Wednesday 3 Oct 2018 11:34 am

Alex Iwobi helped Arsenal defeat Watford at the weekend (Picture: Getty)

Robert Pires has revealed he told Alex Iwobi that he ‘made the difference’ for Arsenal in Saturday’s Premier League victory over Watford. The Gunners have enjoyed a fine run under new manager Unai Emery but appeared to be heading for a goalless draw at home to the Hornets. However, the hosts scored two late goals to secure their seventh consecutive victory and jump above Watford into fifth in the Premier League.

Iwobi replaced Aaron Ramsey with 30 minutes remaining and it was his cross that forced Watford’s Craig Cathcart to turn the ball into his own net for Arsenal’s opener. And the Nigerian’s performance caught the eye of Arsenal legend Pires, who believes Iwobi has a huge future ahead of him at the Emirates.

Robert Pires rates Iwobi highly (Picture: Getty)

‘I know just one thing, I told him after the game he made the difference,’ Pires told Standard Sport. ‘He’s a great player, very fast. ‘He finds good solutions on the field with his vision. He has good mentality and spirit. Of course, he’s young but he’s learning very quickly. ‘Arsenal with Alex Iwobi and Alex Iwobi with Arsenal have a good future.’

Iwobi, meanwhile, revealed after the 2-0 victory over Watford that Emery has told him to stop being ‘so critical’ about his own performances.
‘I’m more positive and more confident with the ball,’ the 22-year-old said. ‘The boss has basically told me that if something doesn’t work, just keep going and don’t dwell on it. ‘He’s told me to stop being so critical and to just keep trying no matter what happens, no matter if things don’t go as I want them to.

‘That’s given me a lot more confidence to try a few more things, like beat a player, to shoot more. I’m always ready to get on the ball a bit more, so I guess it’s helped in that sense. ‘I’ve lost a bit of weight because of the intense training and I think it’s made me a bit sharper.’

The Gunners continue their Europa League campaign on Thursday evening with a trip to Azerbaijan to face Qarabag. They then return to the Premier League and make the short trip across London to Fulham on Sunday.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/03/robert-p ... to=cbshare
He is a young player and young players are prone to inconsistency and dips in form. I just hope those who once criticised him, and now change their minds, remember his quality and talent, when he suffers another dip in form, before they start to criticise.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It hurt last season when Arsenal fans told me to forget about Iwobi and despite being an Arsenal fan they claimed I was blind because of my Nigerian heritage but I see useless English youngsters getting all the support they need deserve it or not until it’s apparent they just can’t cut it!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Some Arsenal fans even went as far as calling Iwobi a championship level player.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Eaglezbeak wrote:It hurt last season when Arsenal fans told me to forget about Iwobi and despite being an Arsenal fan they claimed I was blind because of my Nigerian heritage but I see useless English youngsters getting all the support they need deserve it or not until it’s apparent they just can’t cut it!
Iwobi criticisms, it must be said were not at the Emirates. At the Emirates there is a pride in seeing one of our own coming through and making it in the first team. So the vast majority then to be very supportive of homebred young players. I cannot count how many times I wrote things here defending the player and trying to explain why he is being played in a role that does not suit him etc etc.

Also, many of these supporters have been there for years, they are very knowledgeable and are able to gauge young players with eye and experience. In Iwobi they saw quality in a kid with size, power and pace. They knew it was all about patience and Wenger knew this better than most, as he worked on his weaknesses.

Iwobi has not suddenly become the player we are seeing overnight, it has taken years of development and hard work most of all, from the player.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

This is what has bothered me the most, how he seemed so overcritical of himself when he made a mistake. Its so annoying, the likes of Ozil that make mistakes all the deg gone time just run back and get on with it, but our boy will throw his hands in the air gesticulate to himself remonstrate his own self for every small mistake he does. I'm glad Emery is working on this...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

maceo4 wrote:
This is what has bothered me the most, how he seemed so overcritical of himself when he made a mistake. Its so annoying, the likes of Ozil that make mistakes all the deg gone time just run back and get on with it, but our boy will throw his hands in the air gesticulate to himself remonstrate his own self for every small mistake he does. I'm glad Emery is working on this...
A young player desperate to succeed in the face of criticisms and insults. It was hard for him.

But I love watching all the Iwobi haters and people who do not understand the devolpment phase in football crawling out of their caves now. Now they claim, "How he changed under Emery". Abject nonsense.

Under Wenger Alex Iwobi signed his first pro contract when just 18 yrs old and made his first pro start, he was named amongst top 50 young players in the world and was selected for our Super Eagles.

Wenger did not fail Iwobi, he was the one pushing him on the path he is today. He was the one who started it all for Iwobi, I was there and witnessed it in the youth team. When Iwobi was ignored and was to be excluded and pushed out, it was Wenger who overruled the youth coaches ordering he replaced their choice at number 10. I have told the story here many times.

Not to worry, they will start appreciating Xhaka too.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

maceo4 wrote:
This was happening under Wenger because Iwobi get bench after such mistakes and it worries him.Emery seems to understand why the boy reacts to his own performance but need to show faith in playing him after games not bench him after every wonderful performance.If emery do that then all will be fine
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Some Arsenal fans even went as far as calling Iwobi a championship level player.
You are one of them that wanted him loan out last year,you have been the only guy here not seeing reason why the kid from France should be starting at beloved.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

If you play Iwobi in the middle who will be on the wings for Arsenal? They have no other winger on the squad.
That is not Iwobi problem,Emery should go buy correct winger and play Iwobi where he is best at.You cant be baby sitting over paid players like ozil when you have a Prince in the house that can be your best playmaker :thumbs: :thumbs: Ozil should play on the wing and allow Prince Iwobi in the #10 position,i mean Ozil even play on on wing while Ramsey playing in the middle behind the striker.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Some Arsenal fans even went as far as calling Iwobi a championship level player.
You are one of them that wanted him loan out last year,you have been the only guy here not seeing reason why the kid from France should be starting at beloved.
:roll: :roll:

I want Guendouzi loaned out.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Isnt there an Assanal crap ..I mean..thread..opened already? Must we be subjected to this? :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I have a dream.
That one day I will open thread on this board and say...
Free at last, Free at last ...my people have gotten jobs
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

paj wrote:Isnt there an Assanal crap ..I mean..thread..opened already? Must we be subjected to this? :evil:
I have a scream that now Iwobi is getting better and better, one day you change teams again and return to Arsenal. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: