Fulham 1 VS Arsenal 5 Laca *2 Ramsey, Auba *2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Fulham 1 VS Arsenal 5 Laca *2 Ramsey, Auba *2

Post by anikulapo »

Leno: 7.0: Composed and Re-assuring with the ball at feet. Will Cech ever play for Arsenal In the EPL again?

Mustafi: 8.0: Looks like he visited his shrink. Always thought there was a player in there. Was outstanding today but I won’t get carried away. But it’s encouraging that his only bad play was finding a way to injure himself :lol:

Holding: 8.0: Slowly growing into the player we thought he could be. If he can focus more when on the ball we might be on to something .

Nacho: 4.5: awful outing for Mr. Consistency. Was terrorized down the flank and his needless giveaway gave Fulham their goal.

Bellerin : 8.0: That’s how you shut down the Haters my son :mrgreen: dem don run :taunt: :taunt: we still dey wait for Mezut and Xhaka to do the same

Welbeck: 7.0: still don’t understand why he was subbed so early .

Iwobi 7.0: was having a blinder but faded early . He just needs to make better decisions with the ball in his own end, and Biko coach play him in the middle :curse:

9.0: Lacazette: All Star MOTM performance ... nothin more to add.

Xhaka: 4.0: Aside from one half of football it’s been the same story with this lout. Unai please get rid of this life slow, cumbersome Lorry :roll:

LT: 8.0: What a player. If Arsenal ever find a taller, physical and more athletic version of him then they would become legit title contenders
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Fulham 0 VS Arsenal 5 Laca *2 Ramsey, Auba *2

Post by anikulapo »

zee wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Mehn, that was a ruthless team performance from Arsenal. Delighted for all at the club.....and that was done without Koscielny, Sokratis, and Ozil.

Let’s keep this going after the International break!
But the General's :thumbs: influence was their for ALL to see.

Zee this ya Emperors new clothes vision dey make me laugh .... ahem prepare for ya Dean :taunt: e don do :taunt:

I know that humble pie wey Alexis and Mou serve you dey cause indigestion :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Fulham 0 VS Arsenal 1 Laca

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Honestly the foolish decision making of Arsenal players will always be their demise.

Iwobi

xhaka

Holding

Under no pressure gave the ball away and they got away with it, and then Monreal literally dashed them a goal opportunity for no just cause.

Just stupid :curse:

Don’t know what Emery is demanding from them to make them act this stupidly
After playing so well, they ruin it with that late goal. Hopefully, they come out with same attitude and form in the 2nd half.
Waffi, TBH, that goal was a matter of time. Yes, Arsenal has played VERY well, but they have been playing out very carelessly. You need excellent vision and confidence to execute the kinds of play our players are trying to pull from behind. So far, only Torreira is capable of doing that. Even Xhaka, when his passes are accurate, are to players surrounded by opponents.
I agree that the passing from the back has been uncomfortable, but it is not meant to be. Fulham are there to make it that way, but there were too many mistakes just before their goal. The funny thing is, it seems like the fewer big chances a team gets, the more clinical they are. That first half was our best half (before the 2nd half) in terms of not giving up loads of big chances but we get punished for the one we do give up.

Overall, it must be said, today was our most accomplished performance. I must add, it is all too easy when we give up goals trying to play from the back, but Ramsey's and Aubameyang 2nd goal all came from playing out from the back. Auba's started from the goal keeper - who once again really impressed me.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Welbeck has been solid.

oh you are giving him credit? :mrgreen: :taunt: :taunt:

I am a fair man. The guy finally played according to his talent and physical attributes. Can anyone see that Iwobi is barely moving?
Hearing Iwobi pulled something. Hope it is not serious. Naija needs him.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Fulham 0 VS Arsenal 2 Laca 2

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Unai Ball!
Yep! :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote::clap: :clap: LT

excellent player
Nor bi una tok say He too small. :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

excellent player

Saying you are concerned about his size isn’t a critique .... but as usual you dey always tell fables ... ahem no one missed Mezy eh? :laugh: :laugh:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

excellent player

Saying you are concerned about his size isn’t a critique .... but as usual you dey always tell fables ... ahem no one missed Mezy eh? :laugh: :laugh:
Moving the goalposts again. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Chai! See wayoman. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

excellent player

Moving the goalposts again. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Chai! See wayoman. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As usual Waffiber always Lyin’ :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Again how Mezzy nah?

Looks like Unai is seeing the light :taunt:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I give a 10 to coach Wenger for today's game. Great job Arsene. People forget that you signed all these players... Maybe Wenger should become director of football at Manchester United !!! ok ... just kidding.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bepanda wrote:I give a 10 to coach Wenger for today's game. Great job Arsene. People forget that you signed all these players... Maybe Wenger should become director of football at Manchester United !!! ok ... just kidding.
:D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys I told you guys this team can win the league,now is for city and pool to draw cancel each other to be just 2 points ahead of us.After international break hope manu can beat this Chelsea to end their unbeaten run..
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Did we just score 5 goals without Mezut? WTF is going on at Arsenal. No Wenger, No Ozil and we still win?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Did we just score 5 goals without Mezut? WTF is going on at Arsenal. No Wenger, No Ozil and we still win?

:rotf:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffi , tell the boys that from now, this is how we f*cking play. Win, lose, draw, just play with heart and pride.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kajifu wrote:Guys I told you guys this team can win the league,now is for city and pool to draw cancel each other to be just 2 points ahead of us.After international break hope manu can beat this Chelsea to end their unbeaten run..
Calm down bro, this team is still ways off from winning the league, still lots of holes and bad habits to sort out over the course of a few windows so there'll be hiccups along the way; but at least we seem to be making progress and heading forward rather than in circles; at best we can definitely contend for the title.

At least the notion that Arsenal will fall apart without Wenger has been proven to be a myth.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Waffi , tell the boys that from now, this is how we f*cking play. Win, lose, draw, just play with heart and pride.

Funny how those things seem to happen when someone is mysteriously absent :tic:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:Leno: 7.0: Composed and Re-assuring with the ball at feet. Will Cech ever play for Arsenal In the EPL again?

Mustafi: 8.0: Looks like he visited his shrink. Always thought there was a player in there. Was outstanding today but I won’t get carried away. But it’s encouraging that his only bad play was finding a way to injure himself :lol:

Holding: 8.0: Slowly growing into the player we thought he could be. If he can focus more when on the ball we might be on to something .

Nacho: 4.5: awful outing for Mr. Consistency. Was terrorized down the flank and his needless giveaway gave Fulham their goal.

Bellerin : 8.0: That’s how you shut down the Haters my son :mrgreen: dem don run :taunt: :taunt: we still dey wait for Mezut and Xhaka to do the same

Welbeck: 7.0: still don’t understand why he was subbed so early .

Iwobi 7.0: was having a blinder but faded early . He just needs to make better decisions with the ball in his own end, and Biko coach play him in the middle :curse:

9.0: Lacazette: All Star MOTM performance ... nothin more to add.

Xhaka: 4.0: Aside from one half of football it’s been the same story with this lout. Unai please get rid of this life slow, cumbersome Lorry :roll:

LT: 8.0: What a player. If Arsenal ever find a taller, physical and more athletic version of him then they would become legit title contenders
disagree on Monreal. Other than the mistake that led to the goal, he was solid. I would give him a 6.5.
perhaps, I don't understand how the midfield works, but I would give Xhaka a 2.0 :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

LT would be my MOM. Can't argue against Laca though. What about Obamayoung? 2 goals and 1 assist in 30 min....8.5

LT is showing is a micro-Veira, a less talented Santi, but a more tenacious and dogged version.

Yes, I know it is just Fulham, but our frontline today reminded me of the days of Henry, DB10, Pires running riot. Strikers shooting like they mean to score, not shoot like Ozil hoping something happens.

Hope Iwobi is OK. Showed flashes of brilliance, and looked like the Iwobi we all dream of. But made a few poor decisions, and appeared gassed or injured at the end.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Leno is a very good keeper. Quite impressive. We've got ourselves two top drawer keepers.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cally wrote:Leno is a very good keeper. Quite impressive. We've got ourselves two top drawer keepers.
Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damn...make persin go find somewhere hide...the Gunners don dey find their voices and vuvuzela
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Another example of the importance of intangibles i.e unity, self belief & hustle.

At no point this season have Arsenal allowed ghosts of years past effect their play. Struggles vs likes of Watford, Everton role up sleeves nick win late. In control @ Fulham, concede equaliser but heads never dropped.

Onwards And upwards lads.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Another example of the importance of intangibles i.e unity, self belief & hustle.

At no point this season have Arsenal allowed ghosts of years past effect their play. Struggles vs likes of Watford, Everton role up sleeves nick win late. In control @ Fulham, concede equaliser but heads never dropped.

Onwards And upwards lads.

Funny how fluent up front Arsenal were today without You Know Who :taunt: :taunt: You know that guy .... the greatest phantom chance creator ever :lol:

MLK.