Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31057
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Why does tiny Wales produce much better technical players than Scotland, Ireland or even England. Ramsay is sublime. Bale is a beast. Giggs was untouchable. Even the likes of Bellamy and Speed had that little extra something.


My bro. Long before Ramsey, Bale and Giggs, Scotland produce these sorts of players.

However, I agree that of recent, Scotland have major issues in producing quality footballers.


Hmm Dalglish, Souness and McCallister? They were okay but I don't think they are on the level of Wale's current players.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMHO, Dalglish was better than all of them.


Better than Giggs and even Bale? Fa-fa-fa-foooooul!!! :D

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34020
airwolex wrote:
Why does tiny Wales produce much better technical players than Scotland, Ireland or even England. Ramsay is sublime. Bale is a beast. Giggs was untouchable. Even the likes of Bellamy and Speed had that little extra something.

Why is Nigeria produce better players than USA,China etc,population doesn't make you produced better players,Spain produce better players than Nigeria...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
airwolex wrote:
fabio wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Why does tiny Wales produce much better technical players than Scotland, Ireland or even England. Ramsay is sublime. Bale is a beast. Giggs was untouchable. Even the likes of Bellamy and Speed had that little extra something.

Always pushing the Welsh agenda:

England: Steve McManaman, Kevin Keegan, Matt Le Tissier and Kevin Keegan.


See you struggle to name English players so much you name one twice. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No country did more to destroy technical footballers more than England.

But, add, John Barnes, Waddle, Hoddle, Gascoigne, Trevor Stevens etc etc. They even had technical defenders like Viv Anderson, Gary Parker etc.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31057
Location: Your worst Nightmare
kajifu wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Why does tiny Wales produce much better technical players than Scotland, Ireland or even England. Ramsay is sublime. Bale is a beast. Giggs was untouchable. Even the likes of Bellamy and Speed had that little extra something.

Why is Nigeria produce better players than USA,China etc,population doesn't make you produced better players,Spain produce better players than Nigeria...


Bro haba! Which kain logic be this? Wales can be compared to their cousins nah.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 8532
Location: loughborough.
Waffiman wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No country did more to destroy technical footballers more than England.

But, add, John Barnes, Waddle, Hoddle, Gascoigne, Trevor Stevens etc etc. They even had technical defenders like Viv Anderson, Gary Parker etc.

Airwolex, who is laughing now?

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
airwolex wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Why does tiny Wales produce much better technical players than Scotland, Ireland or even England. Ramsay is sublime. Bale is a beast. Giggs was untouchable. Even the likes of Bellamy and Speed had that little extra something.


My bro. Long before Ramsey, Bale and Giggs, Scotland produce these sorts of players.

However, I agree that of recent, Scotland have major issues in producing quality footballers.


Hmm Dalglish, Souness and McCallister? They were okay but I don't think they are on the level of Wale's current players.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMHO, Dalglish was better than all of them.


Better than Giggs and even Bale? Fa-fa-fa-foooooul!!! :D

You missed Ian Rush.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34020
airwolex wrote:
kajifu wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Why does tiny Wales produce much better technical players than Scotland, Ireland or even England. Ramsay is sublime. Bale is a beast. Giggs was untouchable. Even the likes of Bellamy and Speed had that little extra something.

Why is Nigeria produce better players than USA,China etc,population doesn't make you produced better players,Spain produce better players than Nigeria...


Bro haba! Which kain logic be this? Wales can be compared to their cousins nah.

Ok got you was thinking our cousin is China and uncle USA..lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31057
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Why does tiny Wales produce much better technical players than Scotland, Ireland or even England. Ramsay is sublime. Bale is a beast. Giggs was untouchable. Even the likes of Bellamy and Speed had that little extra something.


My bro. Long before Ramsey, Bale and Giggs, Scotland produce these sorts of players.

However, I agree that of recent, Scotland have major issues in producing quality footballers.


Hmm Dalglish, Souness and McCallister? They were okay but I don't think they are on the level of Wale's current players.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMHO, Dalglish was better than all of them.


Better than Giggs and even Bale? Fa-fa-fa-foooooul!!! :D

You missed Ian Rush.


Yep him too. For all of Scotlands good players in the 80s they didn't do much. Wales were in the Euro semis. They've got a good thing going.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
airwolex wrote:
kajifu wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Why does tiny Wales produce much better technical players than Scotland, Ireland or even England. Ramsay is sublime. Bale is a beast. Giggs was untouchable. Even the likes of Bellamy and Speed had that little extra something.

Why is Nigeria produce better players than USA,China etc,population doesn't make you produced better players,Spain produce better players than Nigeria...


Bro haba! Which kain logic be this? Wales can be compared to their cousins nah.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:15 pm
Posts: 2386
Waffiman wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Leno is a very good keeper. Quite impressive. We've got ourselves two top drawer keepers.

Leno was rated 2nd to Nueur 2 seasons ago. But he made 9 mistakes quick led to goals last season and his stock went down.

But Emery, many reckon has the best goalkeeping coach in the game. Just look at what he did with PSG goalie. So when we got Emery, I checked to make sure his goalie coach was coming with him. When I saw he was on board I was happy.

Just look at the difference he has made to Cech. Leno will be the best goalie in the league in time. The best thing that happened to us is getting Emery, like I said, we are evolving, this is not a revolution.

Why get 40yr old Buffon then?


Buffon's move had nothing to do with Emery. Emery was gone when they announced that Buffon is joining.....They had to get a goalkeeper to cover for Alphonse Areola because Kevin Trapp wanted to leave.

You miss my point. They have the best goalkeeping coach in the game yet they had to sign a 40yr old no longer good enough for Juve. How come he didn’t develop the goalkeepers they had on the roster?

After the Wenger debacle I take these Waffi stories with a heavy grain of salt. Now it’s Emery Emery .......forgetting the decline and near empty stadium towards the end of Mugabes reign and his fervent praise of the status quo.


First off, whatever I say is my view, opinion and at times belief. I back up my position with facts and when I have an opinion, I call it that - an opinion. You are under no obligation to take my word with anything, just like I am under no obligation to takes yours.

But it pays to approach things with an open mind and try to educate yourself in the process. I have learnt a lot from a lot of people in this forum because it is my approach and the way I am.

Long before Emery became our Coach, about 3 years ago, I was on record here as stating, he is the one Coach I would have replacing Wenger when the time came. I have also given many reasons why I saw him as the right fit. So if you have read things I have written here with an open mind, you will not be suggesting I am just jumping on an Emery band wagon.

Emery was my pick to replace Wenger and I am the only one here who ever did. This is a fact. It was written here by me, so I am more than right and justified to write the words, "My man Emery". If it also rubs any the Wenger outers the wrong way it is all the more sweeter for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Football is a passion for me, I follow the game and try to educate myself about every aspect of the game. I am not the type to jump on band wagons. No matter how passionate one gets, and we all do, it is the game we love, I always try to look at things dispassionately.

I have followed Emery for years, from when he made his mark at La Liga. I have read about his methods and systems. I know all about his team's and how they played. What you have missed in all the responses to you is, the goalkeeping coach is a part of Emery's coaching staff. He goes with Emery to every job, when Emery left PSG, he followed him to Arsenal, and we are already seeing the benefits of his work.

One big mistake about Wenger's coaching staff was his goal keeping coach. I know Cech asked to bring his goal keeping coach from Chelsea to Arsenal. I know Gazidis tried to fire the goalkeeping coach at the club but was over ruled by Wenger.

Like everyone, Wenger has his foibles, and one was, he became too loyal. He really should have got rid of the goalkeeping coach. The goalkeeping position is a stand alone and unique position in the game, it is one position you can analyse in segregation. Emery's goalkeeping coach has made a big difference to our goalkeepers. The numbers prove this emphatically even though it is early days.

You talk about a Wenger debacle, it is only so because of the standards he set. I am very respectful of criticisms of Wenger, when they are informed, balanced abd justified. Let's address your so called debacle with facts. Arsenal, last season had the 2nd best home record in the league. Only City win more games at home. Yes. City won one game more than Arsenal and scored 5 more goals in the process at home. Arsenal's problems lay away from home. Moreover, that home record was his 2nd best in his 20 years plus at the club. But it is a debacle, thanks to Wenger and the expectations he created. The foundations were in place, it was just a matter of sorting out the away form. My man Emery is doing exactly that.

You talk about empty seats. I was at the Emirates for every game last season, so far this season, I have missed the Beer Cup game only. Have there been empty seats this season, yes there have been even for league games. Europa league attendance is actually worse this season than last, but no one can blame Wenger now. Has it been talked about? It has, when Arsenal fans took on journalists on Twitter was most noted. Last season, the home form was outstanding, it gave Wenger leeway at his stadium, when fans did not turn up for two of the three games for whatever reasons, I talked about it here too. Where the fans protesting at Wenger, it is a question of opinion, only those fans can answer the question. Empty seats of a minority means nothing if you want to put it in the context of empty seats this season, unless you wanted to make it something because you had or have an agenda.

People are thankful and respectful, at the Emirates, it was exactly that. Even if the majority of the fans felt the time was right for Wenger to go in that stadium, they had too much love and respect to protest or push him out. All the protest matches were flops for a reason.

You have your opinion about Wenger I have mine. I state my opinion and back it up with factual events. In the final analysis, it is water off a duck's back. Wenger is gone and I look forward to the day he returns to the Emirates seating in the Director's box. I just hope it is never in the opposition's dugout, cos then we are enemies.

To avoid any doubt, I hope that my man Unai and this team go on to smash all of our and any other teams existing straight wins records, taking Arsenal to higher heights than Wenger ever did, because my agenda is, was and always will be about the club.

No epistle necessary. You are a “company” man. The memo from management says support Emery and you with great ease switched from Wenger must stay to Emery is the best thing since slice bread. The inherent contradiction in that position is lost on you....let’s just leave it as is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Leno is a very good keeper. Quite impressive. We've got ourselves two top drawer keepers.

Leno was rated 2nd to Nueur 2 seasons ago. But he made 9 mistakes quick led to goals last season and his stock went down.

But Emery, many reckon has the best goalkeeping coach in the game. Just look at what he did with PSG goalie. So when we got Emery, I checked to make sure his goalie coach was coming with him. When I saw he was on board I was happy.

Just look at the difference he has made to Cech. Leno will be the best goalie in the league in time. The best thing that happened to us is getting Emery, like I said, we are evolving, this is not a revolution.

Why get 40yr old Buffon then?


Buffon's move had nothing to do with Emery. Emery was gone when they announced that Buffon is joining.....They had to get a goalkeeper to cover for Alphonse Areola because Kevin Trapp wanted to leave.

You miss my point. They have the best goalkeeping coach in the game yet they had to sign a 40yr old no longer good enough for Juve. How come he didn’t develop the goalkeepers they had on the roster?

After the Wenger debacle I take these Waffi stories with a heavy grain of salt. Now it’s Emery Emery .......forgetting the decline and near empty stadium towards the end of Mugabes reign and his fervent praise of the status quo.


First off, whatever I say is my view, opinion and at times belief. I back up my position with facts and when I have an opinion, I call it that - an opinion. You are under no obligation to take my word with anything, just like I am under no obligation to takes yours.

But it pays to approach things with an open mind and try to educate yourself in the process. I have learnt a lot from a lot of people in this forum because it is my approach and the way I am.

Long before Emery became our Coach, about 3 years ago, I was on record here as stating, he is the one Coach I would have replacing Wenger when the time came. I have also given many reasons why I saw him as the right fit. So if you have read things I have written here with an open mind, you will not be suggesting I am just jumping on an Emery band wagon.

Emery was my pick to replace Wenger and I am the only one here who ever did. This is a fact. It was written here by me, so I am more than right and justified to write the words, "My man Emery". If it also rubs any the Wenger outers the wrong way it is all the more sweeter for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Football is a passion for me, I follow the game and try to educate myself about every aspect of the game. I am not the type to jump on band wagons. No matter how passionate one gets, and we all do, it is the game we love, I always try to look at things dispassionately.

I have followed Emery for years, from when he made his mark at La Liga. I have read about his methods and systems. I know all about his team's and how they played. What you have missed in all the responses to you is, the goalkeeping coach is a part of Emery's coaching staff. He goes with Emery to every job, when Emery left PSG, he followed him to Arsenal, and we are already seeing the benefits of his work.

One big mistake about Wenger's coaching staff was his goal keeping coach. I know Cech asked to bring his goal keeping coach from Chelsea to Arsenal. I know Gazidis tried to fire the goalkeeping coach at the club but was over ruled by Wenger.

Like everyone, Wenger has his foibles, and one was, he became too loyal. He really should have got rid of the goalkeeping coach. The goalkeeping position is a stand alone and unique position in the game, it is one position you can analyse in segregation. Emery's goalkeeping coach has made a big difference to our goalkeepers. The numbers prove this emphatically even though it is early days.

You talk about a Wenger debacle, it is only so because of the standards he set. I am very respectful of criticisms of Wenger, when they are informed, balanced abd justified. Let's address your so called debacle with facts. Arsenal, last season had the 2nd best home record in the league. Only City win more games at home. Yes. City won one game more than Arsenal and scored 5 more goals in the process at home. Arsenal's problems lay away from home. Moreover, that home record was his 2nd best in his 20 years plus at the club. But it is a debacle, thanks to Wenger and the expectations he created. The foundations were in place, it was just a matter of sorting out the away form. My man Emery is doing exactly that.

You talk about empty seats. I was at the Emirates for every game last season, so far this season, I have missed the Beer Cup game only. Have there been empty seats this season, yes there have been even for league games. Europa league attendance is actually worse this season than last, but no one can blame Wenger now. Has it been talked about? It has, when Arsenal fans took on journalists on Twitter was most noted. Last season, the home form was outstanding, it gave Wenger leeway at his stadium, when fans did not turn up for two of the three games for whatever reasons, I talked about it here too. Where the fans protesting at Wenger, it is a question of opinion, only those fans can answer the question. Empty seats of a minority means nothing if you want to put it in the context of empty seats this season, unless you wanted to make it something because you had or have an agenda.

People are thankful and respectful, at the Emirates, it was exactly that. Even if the majority of the fans felt the time was right for Wenger to go in that stadium, they had too much love and respect to protest or push him out. All the protest matches were flops for a reason.

You have your opinion about Wenger I have mine. I state my opinion and back it up with factual events. In the final analysis, it is water off a duck's back. Wenger is gone and I look forward to the day he returns to the Emirates seating in the Director's box. I just hope it is never in the opposition's dugout, cos then we are enemies.

To avoid any doubt, I hope that my man Unai and this team go on to smash all of our and any other teams existing straight wins records, taking Arsenal to higher heights than Wenger ever did, because my agenda is, was and always will be about the club.

No epistle necessary. You are a “company” man. The memo from management says support Emery and you with great ease switched from Wenger must stay to Emery is the best thing since slice bread. The inherent contradiction in that position is lost on you....let’s just leave it as is.


Incorrect. I am an Arsenal supporter. If you support Arsenal, you support who works for Arsenal. That is what you fail to understand. I have switched from all previous Arsenal Managers with great ease. It should be no different with Wenger to Emery.

I also look forward to Arsene returning to watch a game at the Emirates. I will be the first to hail him.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32822
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Leno is a very good keeper. Quite impressive. We've got ourselves two top drawer keepers.

Leno was rated 2nd to Nueur 2 seasons ago. But he made 9 mistakes quick led to goals last season and his stock went down.

But Emery, many reckon has the best goalkeeping coach in the game. Just look at what he did with PSG goalie. So when we got Emery, I checked to make sure his goalie coach was coming with him. When I saw he was on board I was happy.

Just look at the difference he has made to Cech. Leno will be the best goalie in the league in time. The best thing that happened to us is getting Emery, like I said, we are evolving, this is not a revolution.

Why get 40yr old Buffon then?


Buffon's move had nothing to do with Emery. Emery was gone when they announced that Buffon is joining.....They had to get a goalkeeper to cover for Alphonse Areola because Kevin Trapp wanted to leave.

You miss my point. They have the best goalkeeping coach in the game yet they had to sign a 40yr old no longer good enough for Juve. How come he didn’t develop the goalkeepers they had on the roster?

After the Wenger debacle I take these Waffi stories with a heavy grain of salt. Now it’s Emery Emery .......forgetting the decline and near empty stadium towards the end of Mugabes reign and his fervent praise of the status quo.


First off, whatever I say is my view, opinion and at times belief. I back up my position with facts and when I have an opinion, I call it that - an opinion. You are under no obligation to take my word with anything, just like I am under no obligation to takes yours.

But it pays to approach things with an open mind and try to educate yourself in the process. I have learnt a lot from a lot of people in this forum because it is my approach and the way I am.

Long before Emery became our Coach, about 3 years ago, I was on record here as stating, he is the one Coach I would have replacing Wenger when the time came. I have also given many reasons why I saw him as the right fit. So if you have read things I have written here with an open mind, you will not be suggesting I am just jumping on an Emery band wagon.

Emery was my pick to replace Wenger and I am the only one here who ever did. This is a fact. It was written here by me, so I am more than right and justified to write the words, "My man Emery". If it also rubs any the Wenger outers the wrong way it is all the more sweeter for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Football is a passion for me, I follow the game and try to educate myself about every aspect of the game. I am not the type to jump on band wagons. No matter how passionate one gets, and we all do, it is the game we love, I always try to look at things dispassionately.

I have followed Emery for years, from when he made his mark at La Liga. I have read about his methods and systems. I know all about his team's and how they played. What you have missed in all the responses to you is, the goalkeeping coach is a part of Emery's coaching staff. He goes with Emery to every job, when Emery left PSG, he followed him to Arsenal, and we are already seeing the benefits of his work.

One big mistake about Wenger's coaching staff was his goal keeping coach. I know Cech asked to bring his goal keeping coach from Chelsea to Arsenal. I know Gazidis tried to fire the goalkeeping coach at the club but was over ruled by Wenger.

Like everyone, Wenger has his foibles, and one was, he became too loyal. He really should have got rid of the goalkeeping coach. The goalkeeping position is a stand alone and unique position in the game, it is one position you can analyse in segregation. Emery's goalkeeping coach has made a big difference to our goalkeepers. The numbers prove this emphatically even though it is early days.

You talk about a Wenger debacle, it is only so because of the standards he set. I am very respectful of criticisms of Wenger, when they are informed, balanced abd justified. Let's address your so called debacle with facts. Arsenal, last season had the 2nd best home record in the league. Only City win more games at home. Yes. City won one game more than Arsenal and scored 5 more goals in the process at home. Arsenal's problems lay away from home. Moreover, that home record was his 2nd best in his 20 years plus at the club. But it is a debacle, thanks to Wenger and the expectations he created. The foundations were in place, it was just a matter of sorting out the away form. My man Emery is doing exactly that.

You talk about empty seats. I was at the Emirates for every game last season, so far this season, I have missed the Beer Cup game only. Have there been empty seats this season, yes there have been even for league games. Europa league attendance is actually worse this season than last, but no one can blame Wenger now. Has it been talked about? It has, when Arsenal fans took on journalists on Twitter was most noted. Last season, the home form was outstanding, it gave Wenger leeway at his stadium, when fans did not turn up for two of the three games for whatever reasons, I talked about it here too. Where the fans protesting at Wenger, it is a question of opinion, only those fans can answer the question. Empty seats of a minority means nothing if you want to put it in the context of empty seats this season, unless you wanted to make it something because you had or have an agenda.

People are thankful and respectful, at the Emirates, it was exactly that. Even if the majority of the fans felt the time was right for Wenger to go in that stadium, they had too much love and respect to protest or push him out. All the protest matches were flops for a reason.

You have your opinion about Wenger I have mine. I state my opinion and back it up with factual events. In the final analysis, it is water off a duck's back. Wenger is gone and I look forward to the day he returns to the Emirates seating in the Director's box. I just hope it is never in the opposition's dugout, cos then we are enemies.

To avoid any doubt, I hope that my man Unai and this team go on to smash all of our and any other teams existing straight wins records, taking Arsenal to higher heights than Wenger ever did, because my agenda is, was and always will be about the club.

No epistle necessary. You are a “company” man. The memo from management says support Emery and you with great ease switched from Wenger must stay to Emery is the best thing since slice bread. The inherent contradiction in that position is lost on you....let’s just leave it as is.

:D

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32822
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Waffiman wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
No epistle necessary. You are a “company” man. The memo from management says support Emery and you with great ease switched from Wenger must stay to Emery is the best thing since slice bread. The inherent contradiction in that position is lost on you....let’s just leave it as is.


Incorrect. I am an Arsenal supporter. If you support Arsenal, you support who works for Arsenal. That is what you fail to understand. I have switched from all previous Arsenal Managers with great ease. It should be no different with Wenger to Emery.

I also look forward to Arsene returning to watch a game at the Emirates. I will be the first to hail him.

More straw man argument. Supporting Arsenal and realistic non delusional truth telling aren't mutually exclusive.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:00 pm
Posts: 2003
Can we just let this Wenger thing go! If people want to continue to hang on to the professor's nuts, can they hang in peace. Na by fuss to follow you bad mouth Wenger?! So because they were Wenger forever, they cannot praise Emery now?? Abi are we looking for cookies to say "I was right. You were wrong", like a lot of us here seem to always thirst after. It is not a bad thing for a person to change stance on something. Na wa! I too knows full this place.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32822
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Blukyt wrote:
Can we just let this Wenger thing go! If people want to continue to hang on to the professor's nuts, can they hang in peace. Na by fuss to follow you bad mouth Wenger?! So because they were Wenger forever, they cannot praise Emery now?? Abi are we looking for cookies to say "I was right. You were wrong", like a lot of us here seem to always thirst after. It is not a bad thing for a person to change stance on something. Na wa! I too knows full this place.

If it was about "I told you so" the are many more others I'd be going after much earlier, however if Waffib still continues to come here and pretend he's the only one who knows stuff and the rest of us are clueless, then we should continue to remind him what he was wrong about.

By the way ask yourself if Arsenal had completely fallen apart and sunk to relegation territory, you think Waffib wouldn't have been popping off here?

And again it's not about Wenger. I was here the other day criticizing Bellerin when I thought he was openly and publicly criticizing Wenger.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34020
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Leno is a very good keeper. Quite impressive. We've got ourselves two top drawer keepers.

Leno was rated 2nd to Nueur 2 seasons ago. But he made 9 mistakes quick led to goals last season and his stock went down.

But Emery, many reckon has the best goalkeeping coach in the game. Just look at what he did with PSG goalie. So when we got Emery, I checked to make sure his goalie coach was coming with him. When I saw he was on board I was happy.

Just look at the difference he has made to Cech. Leno will be the best goalie in the league in time. The best thing that happened to us is getting Emery, like I said, we are evolving, this is not a revolution.

Why get 40yr old Buffon then?


Buffon's move had nothing to do with Emery. Emery was gone when they announced that Buffon is joining.....They had to get a goalkeeper to cover for Alphonse Areola because Kevin Trapp wanted to leave.

You miss my point. They have the best goalkeeping coach in the game yet they had to sign a 40yr old no longer good enough for Juve. How come he didn’t develop the goalkeepers they had on the roster?

After the Wenger debacle I take these Waffi stories with a heavy grain of salt. Now it’s Emery Emery .......forgetting the decline and near empty stadium towards the end of Mugabes reign and his fervent praise of the status quo.


First off, whatever I say is my view, opinion and at times belief. I back up my position with facts and when I have an opinion, I call it that - an opinion. You are under no obligation to take my word with anything, just like I am under no obligation to takes yours.

But it pays to approach things with an open mind and try to educate yourself in the process. I have learnt a lot from a lot of people in this forum because it is my approach and the way I am.

Long before Emery became our Coach, about 3 years ago, I was on record here as stating, he is the one Coach I would have replacing Wenger when the time came. I have also given many reasons why I saw him as the right fit. So if you have read things I have written here with an open mind, you will not be suggesting I am just jumping on an Emery band wagon.

Emery was my pick to replace Wenger and I am the only one here who ever did. This is a fact. It was written here by me, so I am more than right and justified to write the words, "My man Emery". If it also rubs any the Wenger outers the wrong way it is all the more sweeter for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Football is a passion for me, I follow the game and try to educate myself about every aspect of the game. I am not the type to jump on band wagons. No matter how passionate one gets, and we all do, it is the game we love, I always try to look at things dispassionately.

I have followed Emery for years, from when he made his mark at La Liga. I have read about his methods and systems. I know all about his team's and how they played. What you have missed in all the responses to you is, the goalkeeping coach is a part of Emery's coaching staff. He goes with Emery to every job, when Emery left PSG, he followed him to Arsenal, and we are already seeing the benefits of his work.

One big mistake about Wenger's coaching staff was his goal keeping coach. I know Cech asked to bring his goal keeping coach from Chelsea to Arsenal. I know Gazidis tried to fire the goalkeeping coach at the club but was over ruled by Wenger.

Like everyone, Wenger has his foibles, and one was, he became too loyal. He really should have got rid of the goalkeeping coach. The goalkeeping position is a stand alone and unique position in the game, it is one position you can analyse in segregation. Emery's goalkeeping coach has made a big difference to our goalkeepers. The numbers prove this emphatically even though it is early days.

You talk about a Wenger debacle, it is only so because of the standards he set. I am very respectful of criticisms of Wenger, when they are informed, balanced abd justified. Let's address your so called debacle with facts. Arsenal, last season had the 2nd best home record in the league. Only City win more games at home. Yes. City won one game more than Arsenal and scored 5 more goals in the process at home. Arsenal's problems lay away from home. Moreover, that home record was his 2nd best in his 20 years plus at the club. But it is a debacle, thanks to Wenger and the expectations he created. The foundations were in place, it was just a matter of sorting out the away form. My man Emery is doing exactly that.

You talk about empty seats. I was at the Emirates for every game last season, so far this season, I have missed the Beer Cup game only. Have there been empty seats this season, yes there have been even for league games. Europa league attendance is actually worse this season than last, but no one can blame Wenger now. Has it been talked about? It has, when Arsenal fans took on journalists on Twitter was most noted. Last season, the home form was outstanding, it gave Wenger leeway at his stadium, when fans did not turn up for two of the three games for whatever reasons, I talked about it here too. Where the fans protesting at Wenger, it is a question of opinion, only those fans can answer the question. Empty seats of a minority means nothing if you want to put it in the context of empty seats this season, unless you wanted to make it something because you had or have an agenda.

People are thankful and respectful, at the Emirates, it was exactly that. Even if the majority of the fans felt the time was right for Wenger to go in that stadium, they had too much love and respect to protest or push him out. All the protest matches were flops for a reason.

You have your opinion about Wenger I have mine. I state my opinion and back it up with factual events. In the final analysis, it is water off a duck's back. Wenger is gone and I look forward to the day he returns to the Emirates seating in the Director's box. I just hope it is never in the opposition's dugout, cos then we are enemies.

To avoid any doubt, I hope that my man Unai and this team go on to smash all of our and any other teams existing straight wins records, taking Arsenal to higher heights than Wenger ever did, because my agenda is, was and always will be about the club.

No epistle necessary. You are a “company” man. The memo from management says support Emery and you with great ease switched from Wenger must stay to Emery is the best thing since slice bread. The inherent contradiction in that position is lost on you....let’s just leave it as is.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
kajifu wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Leno was rated 2nd to Nueur 2 seasons ago. But he made 9 mistakes quick led to goals last season and his stock went down.

But Emery, many reckon has the best goalkeeping coach in the game. Just look at what he did with PSG goalie. So when we got Emery, I checked to make sure his goalie coach was coming with him. When I saw he was on board I was happy.

Just look at the difference he has made to Cech. Leno will be the best goalie in the league in time. The best thing that happened to us is getting Emery, like I said, we are evolving, this is not a revolution.

Why get 40yr old Buffon then?


Buffon's move had nothing to do with Emery. Emery was gone when they announced that Buffon is joining.....They had to get a goalkeeper to cover for Alphonse Areola because Kevin Trapp wanted to leave.

You miss my point. They have the best goalkeeping coach in the game yet they had to sign a 40yr old no longer good enough for Juve. How come he didn’t develop the goalkeepers they had on the roster?

After the Wenger debacle I take these Waffi stories with a heavy grain of salt. Now it’s Emery Emery .......forgetting the decline and near empty stadium towards the end of Mugabes reign and his fervent praise of the status quo.


First off, whatever I say is my view, opinion and at times belief. I back up my position with facts and when I have an opinion, I call it that - an opinion. You are under no obligation to take my word with anything, just like I am under no obligation to takes yours.

But it pays to approach things with an open mind and try to educate yourself in the process. I have learnt a lot from a lot of people in this forum because it is my approach and the way I am.

Long before Emery became our Coach, about 3 years ago, I was on record here as stating, he is the one Coach I would have replacing Wenger when the time came. I have also given many reasons why I saw him as the right fit. So if you have read things I have written here with an open mind, you will not be suggesting I am just jumping on an Emery band wagon.

Emery was my pick to replace Wenger and I am the only one here who ever did. This is a fact. It was written here by me, so I am more than right and justified to write the words, "My man Emery". If it also rubs any the Wenger outers the wrong way it is all the more sweeter for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Football is a passion for me, I follow the game and try to educate myself about every aspect of the game. I am not the type to jump on band wagons. No matter how passionate one gets, and we all do, it is the game we love, I always try to look at things dispassionately.

I have followed Emery for years, from when he made his mark at La Liga. I have read about his methods and systems. I know all about his team's and how they played. What you have missed in all the responses to you is, the goalkeeping coach is a part of Emery's coaching staff. He goes with Emery to every job, when Emery left PSG, he followed him to Arsenal, and we are already seeing the benefits of his work.

One big mistake about Wenger's coaching staff was his goal keeping coach. I know Cech asked to bring his goal keeping coach from Chelsea to Arsenal. I know Gazidis tried to fire the goalkeeping coach at the club but was over ruled by Wenger.

Like everyone, Wenger has his foibles, and one was, he became too loyal. He really should have got rid of the goalkeeping coach. The goalkeeping position is a stand alone and unique position in the game, it is one position you can analyse in segregation. Emery's goalkeeping coach has made a big difference to our goalkeepers. The numbers prove this emphatically even though it is early days.

You talk about a Wenger debacle, it is only so because of the standards he set. I am very respectful of criticisms of Wenger, when they are informed, balanced abd justified. Let's address your so called debacle with facts. Arsenal, last season had the 2nd best home record in the league. Only City win more games at home. Yes. City won one game more than Arsenal and scored 5 more goals in the process at home. Arsenal's problems lay away from home. Moreover, that home record was his 2nd best in his 20 years plus at the club. But it is a debacle, thanks to Wenger and the expectations he created. The foundations were in place, it was just a matter of sorting out the away form. My man Emery is doing exactly that.

You talk about empty seats. I was at the Emirates for every game last season, so far this season, I have missed the Beer Cup game only. Have there been empty seats this season, yes there have been even for league games. Europa league attendance is actually worse this season than last, but no one can blame Wenger now. Has it been talked about? It has, when Arsenal fans took on journalists on Twitter was most noted. Last season, the home form was outstanding, it gave Wenger leeway at his stadium, when fans did not turn up for two of the three games for whatever reasons, I talked about it here too. Where the fans protesting at Wenger, it is a question of opinion, only those fans can answer the question. Empty seats of a minority means nothing if you want to put it in the context of empty seats this season, unless you wanted to make it something because you had or have an agenda.

People are thankful and respectful, at the Emirates, it was exactly that. Even if the majority of the fans felt the time was right for Wenger to go in that stadium, they had too much love and respect to protest or push him out. All the protest matches were flops for a reason.

You have your opinion about Wenger I have mine. I state my opinion and back it up with factual events. In the final analysis, it is water off a duck's back. Wenger is gone and I look forward to the day he returns to the Emirates seating in the Director's box. I just hope it is never in the opposition's dugout, cos then we are enemies.

To avoid any doubt, I hope that my man Unai and this team go on to smash all of our and any other teams existing straight wins records, taking Arsenal to higher heights than Wenger ever did, because my agenda is, was and always will be about the club.

No epistle necessary. You are a “company” man. The memo from management says support Emery and you with great ease switched from Wenger must stay to Emery is the best thing since slice bread. The inherent contradiction in that position is lost on you....let’s just leave it as is.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Laughing at what you do not understand eh! Laugh harder, you might eventually understand. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:26 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
Blukyt wrote:
Can we just let this Wenger thing go! If people want to continue to hang on to the professor's nuts, can they hang in peace. Na by fuss to follow you bad mouth Wenger?! So because they were Wenger forever, they cannot praise Emery now?? Abi are we looking for cookies to say "I was right. You were wrong", like a lot of us here seem to always thirst after. It is not a bad thing for a person to change stance on something. Na wa! I too knows full this place.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
theYemster wrote:
Blukyt wrote:
Can we just let this Wenger thing go! If people want to continue to hang on to the professor's nuts, can they hang in peace. Na by fuss to follow you bad mouth Wenger?! So because they were Wenger forever, they cannot praise Emery now?? Abi are we looking for cookies to say "I was right. You were wrong", like a lot of us here seem to always thirst after. It is not a bad thing for a person to change stance on something. Na wa! I too knows full this place.

If it was about "I told you so" the are many more others I'd be going after much earlier, however if Waffib still continues to come here and pretend he's the only one who knows stuff and the rest of us are clueless, then we should continue to remind him what he was wrong about.

By the way ask yourself if Arsenal had completely fallen apart and sunk to relegation territory, you think Waffib wouldn't have been popping off here?

And again it's not about Wenger. I was here the other day criticizing Bellerin when I thought he was openly and publicly criticizing Wenger.


Correction. I specifically and continuously mention you alone in our quarrel as clueless and ignorant. I have given reasons with numerous examples why I have come to this conclusion. Do not drag others into this. It is a cheap, snide and shitty thing to do. To use a colloquial term, it is 'fuckris'.

The evidence is all over this board. All one has to do is go read what you write about gridiron and the Patriots, read about what you write about Wenger, Arsenal and football. The difference is clear.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
No epistle necessary. You are a “company” man. The memo from management says support Emery and you with great ease switched from Wenger must stay to Emery is the best thing since slice bread. The inherent contradiction in that position is lost on you....let’s just leave it as is.


Incorrect. I am an Arsenal supporter. If you support Arsenal, you support who works for Arsenal. That is what you fail to understand. I have switched from all previous Arsenal Managers with great ease. It should be no different with Wenger to Emery.

I also look forward to Arsene returning to watch a game at the Emirates. I will be the first to hail him.

More straw man argument. Supporting Arsenal and realistic non delusional truth telling aren't mutually exclusive.


Emery was my pick to replace Wenger and I am the only one here who ever did. This is a fact. It was written here by me, so I am more than right and justified to write the words, "My man Emery". If it also rubs any the Wenger outers the wrong way it is all the more sweeter for me. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
Blukyt wrote:
Can we just let this Wenger thing go! If people want to continue to hang on to the professor's nuts, can they hang in peace. Na by fuss to follow you bad mouth Wenger?! So because they were Wenger forever, they cannot praise Emery now?? Abi are we looking for cookies to say "I was right. You were wrong", like a lot of us here seem to always thirst after. It is not a bad thing for a person to change stance on something. Na wa! I too knows full this place.


Yes, right now. Arsenal fans are now all united behind the team, but it is like Christians and Muslims are all behind a God. Arsenal fans are not united with each other. Beating of chest after 8 league's games only shows up divisions therein.

All you have to do is read social media for proof of what I have just written.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:15 pm
Posts: 2386
Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
No epistle necessary. You are a “company” man. The memo from management says support Emery and you with great ease switched from Wenger must stay to Emery is the best thing since slice bread. The inherent contradiction in that position is lost on you....let’s just leave it as is.


Incorrect. I am an Arsenal supporter. If you support Arsenal, you support who works for Arsenal. That is what you fail to understand. I have switched from all previous Arsenal Managers with great ease. It should be no different with Wenger to Emery.

I also look forward to Arsene returning to watch a game at the Emirates. I will be the first to hail him.

More straw man argument. Supporting Arsenal and realistic non delusional truth telling aren't mutually exclusive.


Emery was my pick to replace Wenger and I am the only one here who ever did. This is a fact. It was written here by me, so I am more than right and justified to write the words, "My man Emery". If it also rubs any the Wenger outers the wrong way it is all the more sweeter for me. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Anyone that thinks Waffiman has the inside track on anything Arsenal is an easy mark. In communications there is what is called “talkingpoints”. On any issue - Management or leaders decide how they are going to spin their response. They in turn develop a list of talking points to largely obsfucate the issue at stake and distribute it to their larkeys to spread the misinformation. For a good example of how this works watch any political show on TV - different channels, different people same message.

I suspect Waffiman quite innocently found himself either first hand or indirectly on such a list and receives talking points which he assumes are supposedly the “inside track” while in fact it’s spreading misinformation on Arsenal Managements behalf. So for years we were told we had £300million for transfers. Arsenal is in running to sign this great footballer. Arsenal’s profit was £1 trillion. Wenger is the greatest and should stay for 200yrs.

Misinformation can only last so long. At some point you have to believe what you see in front of you versus what you are being conditioned to believe. The stadium was emptying. Fans arguing online, offline, protesting and “fighting” at the Emirates. They pulled the plugged on Wengers reign - who said he was shocked to be fired!

Waffiman is all of a sudden active again posting on Emery the savior of Arsenal - his choice to replace Wenger since 1980.

I say fool me once........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54148
Location: USA
tmex12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tmex12 wrote:
No epistle necessary. You are a “company” man. The memo from management says support Emery and you with great ease switched from Wenger must stay to Emery is the best thing since slice bread. The inherent contradiction in that position is lost on you....let’s just leave it as is.


Incorrect. I am an Arsenal supporter. If you support Arsenal, you support who works for Arsenal. That is what you fail to understand. I have switched from all previous Arsenal Managers with great ease. It should be no different with Wenger to Emery.

I also look forward to Arsene returning to watch a game at the Emirates. I will be the first to hail him.

More straw man argument. Supporting Arsenal and realistic non delusional truth telling aren't mutually exclusive.


Emery was my pick to replace Wenger and I am the only one here who ever did. This is a fact. It was written here by me, so I am more than right and justified to write the words, "My man Emery". If it also rubs any the Wenger outers the wrong way it is all the more sweeter for me. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Anyone that thinks Waffiman has the inside track on anything Arsenal is an easy mark. In communications there is what is called “talkingpoints”. On any issue - Management or leaders decide how they are going to spin their response. They in turn develop a list of talking points to largely obsfucate the issue at stake and distribute it to their larkeys to spread the misinformation. For a good example of how this works watch any political show on TV - different channels, different people same message.

I suspect Waffiman quite innocently found himself either first hand or indirectly on such a list and receives talking points which he assumes are supposedly the “inside track” while in fact it’s spreading misinformation on Arsenal Managements behalf. So for years we were told we had £300million for transfers. Arsenal is in running to sign this great footballer. Arsenal’s profit was £1 trillion. Wenger is the greatest and should stay for 200yrs.

Misinformation can only last so long. At some point you have to believe what you see in front of you versus what you are being conditioned to believe. The stadium was emptying. Fans arguing online, offline, protesting and “fighting” at the Emirates. They pulled the plugged on Wengers reign - who said he was shocked to be fired!

Waffiman is all of a sudden active again posting on Emery the savior of Arsenal - his choice to replace Wenger since 1980.

I say fool me once........



Choiiiii :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :oops: :oops: :oops:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adisboy, Google [Bot], guesswho, Schillachi, wale1974 and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group