MATRIX PERFORMANCE RESULTS VS LIBYA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
MATRIX PERFORMANCE RESULTS VS LIBYA

Post by JACKAL »

1. Coaches Game Management : 5
A better management of game by Rorh compared to the last game. Finding Jamiu collins is a nice feather in Rohrs cap. The kid is the real deal. Much better player and physical presence than Idowu. Good substitutions, giving success and Onyereku a chance to play. He needs to curtail wild plays from Kalu and Onyerku and insist on more team play,

2. Captains Leadership: 3
While Musa had an ok game, he showed almost no leadership for the team on the field.

3. Influencing the Referee: 6
All the credit for influencing the referee goes to Ighalo. He was always seeking to get ref to give him favorable calls and he got a penalty call for his efforts that boosted the confidence of the team early in the game. More of the team needs to do that all through the game.

4. Aesthetic Play : 5
There were a few moments of Aesthetic brilliance but it mostly came from one player: Iwobi. The team needs to have more clean passes and plays that gives us more control of the game.

5. Kickoff: Must hold the ball for more than 1 minutes before giving it away: 10
I never saw the kick offs...so I will give them the benefit of the doubt

6. Passing: 60 % + possession time: 5
Passing was still all over the place.. not enough consistency in holding on to the ball The first half was a mess.

7. Set Pieces : 0
Nothing good to report. Back to lack of seriousness and focus on set pieces

8. Pressing the Ball: 0
We just dont press the ball. Its insane.

9. Quality of Goal Keeping : 3
Terrible, inconsistent goal kicks

10. Quality Goals Scored VS. Conceded: 3 vs. 0 : 9
I will give the team a very high score here. We were playing a terrible team at home so we scored 4 goals and created a plethora of opportunities. The goals were good goals..but i give a lot of credit of Iwobi for playing the 10 role beautifully. His offensive distribution gave us the width we have been looking for some time.

FINAL RESULTS: 46 out of 100.
Still not a great result , but definite improvement.

The game tomorrow will tell you how good a team this is.. Playing against a poor team away should be an automatic win for us, but our coach is already shooting for a draw. That already disappoints me. A GOOD TEAM WINS ANYWHERE...

EAGLES PERFORMANCE TARGETS: These are the areas the team traditionally has not done well so we need to figure how they are improving from game to game.

1. Coaches Game Management
2. Captains Leadership
3. Influencing the Referee
4. Aesthetic Play
5. Kickoff: Must hold the ball for more than 1 minutes before giving it away.
6. Passing: 60 % + possession time
7. Set Pieces
8. Pressing the Ball
9. Quality of Goal Keeping
10. Quality Goals Scored VS. Conceded: 3 vs. 0

There is Maximum 100 Points attainable. 10 points per. I’ll announce the results after the game.
Last edited by JACKAL on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JACKALS EAGLES MATRIX PERFORMANCE TARGET VS LIBYA

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

JACKAL wrote:EAGLES PERFORMANCE TARGETS: These are the areas the team traditionally has not done well so we need to figure how they are improving from game to game.

2. Captains Leadership
4. Aesthetic Play
7. Set Pieces
8. Pressing the Ball

There is Maximum 100 Points attainable. 10 points per. I’ll announce the results after the game.

How about a win? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

All this one na akuko Mike Ejeagha, all that matters is a win and 3 points in the bag.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Since I doubt Libya are turning up for a holiday and everything you are asking for may not guarantee a win so I’d settle for 3 points first then you can revise and nitpick at whatever you want!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
JACKAL wrote:EAGLES PERFORMANCE TARGETS: These are the areas the team traditionally has not done well so we need to figure how they are improving from game to game.

2. Captains Leadership
4. Aesthetic Play
7. Set Pieces
8. Pressing the Ball

How about a win? :roll:
doesn't 3-0 target sound like a win ? :blink: :blink:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Tobi17 wrote:All this one na akuko Mike Ejeagha, all that matters is a win and 3 points in the bag.

Its that type of attitude that has led to a lack development in anything..not just soccer. When you dont care about the details until you start losing games !! :boo: :boo:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Since I doubt Libya are turning up for a holiday and everything you are asking for may not guarantee a win so I’d settle for 3 points first then you can revise and nitpick at whatever you want!
Libya's ambition should not be our primary concern... Our concern is how well we do against a very weak team. They are not Seychelles, however, they are not Egypt either...
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

JACKAL wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Since I doubt Libya are turning up for a holiday and everything you are asking for may not guarantee a win so I’d settle for 3 points first then you can revise and nitpick at whatever you want!
Libya's ambition should not be our primary concern... Our concern is how well we do against a very weak team. They are not Seychelles, however, they are not Egypt either...
Agreed but the our primary concern is to win so there for if your criteria isn't fully fulfilled but Nigeria win it's another 3 points towards qualification and that's better than ticking boxes and not getting a the needed result!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: MATRIX PERFORMANCE RESULTS TARGET VS LIBYA

Post by JACKAL »

updated with results
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MATRIX PERFORMANCE RESULTS VS LIBYA

Post by Odas »

JACKAL wrote:
A better management of game by Rorh compared to the last game. Finding Jamiu collins is a nice feather in Rohrs cap. The kid is the real deal. Much better player and physical presence than Idowu. Good substitutions, giving success and Onyereku a chance to play. He needs to curtail wild plays from Kalu and Onyerku and insist on more team play,

While Musa had an ok game, he showed almost no leadership for the team on the field.

All the credit for influencing the referee goes to Ighalo. He was always seeking to get ref to give him favorable calls and he got a penalty call for his efforts that boosted the confidence of the team early in the game. More of the team needs to do that all through the game.

There were a few moments of Aesthetic brilliance but it mostly came from one player: Iwobi. The team needs to have more clean passes and plays that gives us more control of the game.

5. Kickoff: Must hold the ball for more than 1 minutes before giving it away: 10

Passing was still all over the place.. not enough consistency in holding on to the ball The first half was a mess.

I will give the team a very high score here. We were playing a terrible team at home so we scored 4 goals and created a plethora of opportunities. The goals were good goals..but i give a lot of credit of Iwobi for playing the 10 role beautifully. His offensive distribution gave us the width we have been looking for some time.

The game tomorrow will tell you how good a team this is... Playing against a poor team away should be an automatic win for us, but our coach is already shooting for a draw. That already disappoints me. A GOOD TEAM WINS ANYWHERE...

... don't be disappointed. We might still win, but like you know, getting a point is better than losing and earning no point at all.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EagleEye
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleEye »

Who told you that Libya is a poor team? Give credit where it's due......... to the Super Eagles young players, it is also said that you need a bit of luck in football.

I like some of the Libyan movement and that will pose a problem for the SE.

Rohr need to coach them how to press the ball when not in possession!
EagleEye
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleEye »

JACKAL wrote:

Who told you that Libya is a poor team? Give credit where it's due......... to the Super Eagles young players, it is also said that you need a bit of luck in football.

The game tomorrow will tell you how good a team this is.. Playing against a poor team away should be an automatic win for us, but our coach is already shooting for a draw. That already disappoints me. A GOOD TEAM WINS ANYWHERE...

EAGLES PERFORMANCE TARGETS: These are the areas the team traditionally has not done well so we need to figure how they are improving from game to game.

2. Captains Leadership
4. Aesthetic Play
7. Set Pieces
8. Pressing the Ball

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

EagleEye wrote:Who told you that Libya is a poor team? Give credit where it's due......... to the Super Eagles young players, it is also said that you need a bit of luck in football.

Libya is the worst North African team.. They are not Egypt or Morocco or Tunisia or Algeria.... They have always sucked.. they are like always around number 100 in world FIFA rankings...Its even worse now that the country is totally destabilized. Do you now we are playing hem in Tunisia and not in Tripoli because of the unrest over there... so this 2nd leg is like an away game for them