Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:03 pm 

He does have the potential to be a top class professional footballer. He has size and speed and could probably outpace any defender in the world :!:

https://twitter.com/CCMariners/status/1 ... 9502862338

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:20 pm 

He looks awkward as a striker.

I think he could be a good central defender.

He has the size and speed. Just need to work on positioning, tackling and passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:34 pm 

ohenhen1 wrote:
He looks awkward as a striker.

I think he could be a good central defender.

He has the size and speed. Just need to work on positioning, tackling and passing.

bwaahaha..so he doesn't need size and speed to be a striker.. :rotf: :rotf:

and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:07 pm 

looks like the keeper just let him score; dove 5 seconds after the shot. even the defender just dey follow am like say na race

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:31 pm 

Just don't let Mourinho see this.

----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:06 am 

I suspect that once the soccer world gets used to him being a soccer player, he’ll end up in a very big team. With his size and speed, he’ll be a handful for any defender :!:

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:13 am 

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
I suspect that once the soccer world gets used to him being a soccer player, he’ll end up in a very big team. With his size and speed, he’ll be a handful for any defender :!:

Cheers.

Problem is his age.

It's like Mourinho said, Football lost a great talent to Athletics.

The guy is a true athlete, and true athletes can succeed in many different sports. Perhaps not all, but definitely many. Obafemi Martins is another example of a true athlete. He could have run track.

BUT, when you are in your 30s, no matter how talented you are, you have this massive ceiling coming down on you. Usain Bolt is having to learn things that are being taught to 15 year olds.

His best bet is to somehow capitalize on strengths that could possibly make up for his significant weaknesses. He has significant weakness in endurance. He is built for short bursts of acceleration. He has weaknesses in his first touch, he has weaknesses with his finesse. He says he is good aerially (I will take his word for it), he is obviously also good with pace.

He has to make the things he is good at count, while also working a bit on his weaknesses. I think he means business, but I doubt he will reach the level that you claim.

Especially as he is not necessarily being positioned for that. I think he needs to be somewhere on the wing, whether as a deep lying forward, a winger, a wing-back, a fullback etc. He should be on the wing in some capacity.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:19 am 

...a very small defender manhandled.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:57 am 

Problem is not his age, problem is football is a skill oriented sport. He couldn't play in the 3rd division of any major league.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 am 

Never knew that Bolt was this good. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:18 am 

zee wrote:
Never knew that Bolt was this good. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

you're funny. Even CE's Ohehen can score that goal :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:20 am 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
zee wrote:

you're funny. Even CE's Ohehen can score that goal :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Chief oo, you get bad mouth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:53 pm 

Tbite wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Cheers.

Problem is his age.

It's like Mourinho said, Football lost a great talent to Athletics.

The guy is a true athlete, and true athletes can succeed in many different sports. Perhaps not all, but definitely many. Obafemi Martins is another example of a true athlete. He could have run track.

BUT, when you are in your 30s, no matter how talented you are, you have this massive ceiling coming down on you. Usain Bolt is having to learn things that are being taught to 15 year olds.

His best bet is to somehow capitalize on strengths that could possibly make up for his significant weaknesses. He has significant weakness in endurance. He is built for short bursts of acceleration. He has weaknesses in his first touch, he has weaknesses with his finesse. He says he is good aerially (I will take his word for it), he is obviously also good with pace.

He has to make the things he is good at count, while also working a bit on his weaknesses. I think he means business, but I doubt he will reach the level that you claim.

Especially as he is not necessarily being positioned for that. I think he needs to be somewhere on the wing, whether as a deep lying forward, a winger, a wing-back, a fullback etc. He should be on the wing in some capacity.

Gradually, a good coach will help him discover his true position soon and play him to his strength.

e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:06 pm 

Only on CE. A guy scores twice in his professional debut and you think he’s not good enough to make the grade :roll: :!:

Cheers.