Usain Bolt’s first goal...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Usain Bolt’s first goal...

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

He does have the potential to be a top class professional footballer. He has size and speed and could probably outpace any defender in the world :!:

Cheers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Usain Bolt’s first goal...

Post by ohenhen1 »

He looks awkward as a striker.

I think he could be a good central defender.

He has the size and speed. Just need to work on positioning, tackling and passing.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

ohenhen1 wrote:He looks awkward as a striker.

I think he could be a good central defender.

He has the size and speed. Just need to work on positioning, tackling and passing.
bwaahaha..so he doesn't need size and speed to be a striker.. :rotf: :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

looks like the keeper just let him score; dove 5 seconds after the shot. even the defender just dey follow am like say na race
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Just don't let Mourinho see this.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

I suspect that once the soccer world gets used to him being a soccer player, he’ll end up in a very big team. With his size and speed, he’ll be a handful for any defender :!:

Cheers.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I suspect that once the soccer world gets used to him being a soccer player, he’ll end up in a very big team. With his size and speed, he’ll be a handful for any defender :!:

Cheers.
Problem is his age.

It's like Mourinho said, Football lost a great talent to Athletics.

The guy is a true athlete, and true athletes can succeed in many different sports. Perhaps not all, but definitely many. Obafemi Martins is another example of a true athlete. He could have run track.

BUT, when you are in your 30s, no matter how talented you are, you have this massive ceiling coming down on you. Usain Bolt is having to learn things that are being taught to 15 year olds.

His best bet is to somehow capitalize on strengths that could possibly make up for his significant weaknesses. He has significant weakness in endurance. He is built for short bursts of acceleration. He has weaknesses in his first touch, he has weaknesses with his finesse. He says he is good aerially (I will take his word for it), he is obviously also good with pace.

He has to make the things he is good at count, while also working a bit on his weaknesses. I think he means business, but I doubt he will reach the level that you claim.

Especially as he is not necessarily being positioned for that. I think he needs to be somewhere on the wing, whether as a deep lying forward, a winger, a wing-back, a fullback etc. He should be on the wing in some capacity.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...a very small defender manhandled.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Problem is not his age, problem is football is a skill oriented sport. He couldn't play in the 3rd division of any major league.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Never knew that Bolt was this good. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

zee wrote:Never knew that Bolt was this good. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

you're funny. Even CE's Ohehen can score that goal :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
zee wrote:Never knew that Bolt was this good. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

you're funny. Even CE's Ohehen can score that goal :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Chief oo, you get bad mouth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Tbite wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I suspect that once the soccer world gets used to him being a soccer player, he’ll end up in a very big team. With his size and speed, he’ll be a handful for any defender :!:

Cheers.
Problem is his age.

It's like Mourinho said, Football lost a great talent to Athletics.

The guy is a true athlete, and true athletes can succeed in many different sports. Perhaps not all, but definitely many. Obafemi Martins is another example of a true athlete. He could have run track.

BUT, when you are in your 30s, no matter how talented you are, you have this massive ceiling coming down on you. Usain Bolt is having to learn things that are being taught to 15 year olds.

His best bet is to somehow capitalize on strengths that could possibly make up for his significant weaknesses. He has significant weakness in endurance. He is built for short bursts of acceleration. He has weaknesses in his first touch, he has weaknesses with his finesse. He says he is good aerially (I will take his word for it), he is obviously also good with pace.

He has to make the things he is good at count, while also working a bit on his weaknesses. I think he means business, but I doubt he will reach the level that you claim.

Especially as he is not necessarily being positioned for that. I think he needs to be somewhere on the wing, whether as a deep lying forward, a winger, a wing-back, a fullback etc. He should be on the wing in some capacity.

Gradually, a good coach will help him discover his true position soon and play him to his strength.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Only on CE. A guy scores twice in his professional debut and you think he’s not good enough to make the grade :roll: :!:

Cheers.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bolt don retire.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

ohenhen1 wrote:He looks awkward as a striker. (Adebayo was too).

I think he could be a good central defender. (His speed would count for nothing in defense.

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg