ONAZI INJURED? ETEBO MAY TAKE HIS PLACE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
ONAZI INJURED? ETEBO MAY TAKE HIS PLACE

Post by Obong »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/10/12/in ... -midfield/

Trabzonspor midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has been ruled out of Nigeria’s AFCON 2019 Qualifiers tie against Libya tomorrow as he presently struggling with an injury picked up in yesterday’s training.
Onazi started the session with the rest of the players but had to leave midway through it after complaining of discomfort arising from a knock picked up in their first session.
His absence has opened the door for Stoke City forward Oghenekaro Etebo to start against Libya tomorrow in midfield alongside Wilfred Ndidi with Alex Iwobi handed a more advanced role behind the main striker Odion Ighalo.
Yesterday sources close to Onazi said it was just a minor knock but it appears a bit worse than initially feared as he also missed today’s session which is ongoing now behind close doors at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium, venue of the game.

If established as correct, then the proposed starting line-up for the match will change as follows using Rohr's famous 4-2-3-1 formation:

Uzoho- Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Collins- Ndidi, Etebo- Iwobi, Musa, Kalu- Ighalo.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ONAZI INJURED? ETEBO MAY TAKE HIS PLACE

Post by 1naija »

What did they mean by Etebo to take his place? Wasn't Etebo starting in the first place? If so, Rohr must go.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Shehu again. Does not contribute anything meaningful going forward.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I like this our coach for what he has achieved in the last few years but this man stubbornness is very infuriating. Why is ighalo still starting after proving numerous times that his incapable of scoring easy chances? Why is shehu, alleged(wife beater) even called up let alone starting ahead of in form “Aina” anyway sha I will just respect our coach decision because of his previous antecedent at WCQ
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:I like this our coach for what he has achieved in the last few years but this man stubbornness is very infuriating. Why is ighalo still starting after proving numerous times that his incapable of scoring easy chances? Why is shehu, alleged(wife beater) even called up let alone starting ahead of in form “Aina” anyway sha I will just respect our coach decision because of his previous antecedent at WCQ
Very stubborn guy...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

I don't know why Rohr keep inviting him. He lost his edge already. He does not even have a spring in his feet anymore. Last time I saw him play in a friendly, he was running like a pregnant woman and I keep wondering if he was suffering from hemorrhoid.

Please let Onazi off the Eagles squad.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rohr will have to come up with a 12 page essay on why he keeps inviting a deadweight like Onazi, I just don't get why we keep wasting time on the likes of Onazi and Ighalo that are clearly not good enough.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

walesvilla wrote:Shehu again. Does not contribute anything meaningful going forward.
"absolutely...." like the Iwobi's goal against Zambia :sneaky:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Shehu has been injured and not played for his club for a while. I'll be surprised if he starts ahead of Aina.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote:What did they mean by Etebo to take his place? Wasn't Etebo starting in the first place? If so, Rohr must go.
If you have been following Etebo's performance at Stoke, you won't make such a statement.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

To me the inclusion of Shehu in the starting lineup is even more baffling than Ighalo.

I can see the experience, intelligence, holdup play, and dribbling ability that Ighalo brings to the team, and Success while the greater prospect may have fitness issues, or simply may not have the team understanding yet, he also has not been playing that much club football even though he has been making effective cameo appearances. So I can even understand this a little.

What is completely unacceptable is starting a midfielder at RB, when that midfielder has been exposed as not good enough at RB going forward, and that midfielder has been injured all season and only played his first match just last week, and that midfielder doesn't even play RB at his club which is in an inferior league to that of a NATURAL RB, who is playing week in week out in a SUPERIOR LEAGUE, and is getting rave reviews.

What kind of bone headed decision is this ?

The thing is for all of us claiming Rohr is stubborn and conservative, which I agree with to an extent, then why did he quickly drop Idowu for Jamilu Collins ? How do we explain that one ?

This Shehu at RB needs to stop. He is not a RB, he doesn't play that position at his club, and we have the likes of Aina, Ebuehi.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Iwobi and Iheanacho have worked great together, if Success is not fit enough for 90 minutes. Not to mention Iheanacho would be the best freekick taker on our team.

I agree with Shehu. I like the guy, but let him be a midfielder. And let's play a RB at RB.

Everyone else is the best player available at the position with Onyekuru a question mark relative to Musa and Kalu.

BTW Victor Moses being out might actually be a godsend, because I like what I see with Kalu much more than what Moses offered.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I agree completely with the sentiments already expressed above.
I have no earthly idea why Shehu can start ahead of Aina.
I am baffled why Onazi is still in the mix and a younger, better player like Ejaria is ignored.
I can't understand how Ighalo starts ahead of Success.
Even how Balogun who hasn't been playing gets the nod over Semi.

Anyway, make I siddon dey look.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?