Amuneke's TZ team Beaten like they stole sometin'....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Amuneke's TZ team Beaten like they stole sometin'....

Post by Kabalega »

AFCON 2019 Qualifiers: Gomez stars with a brace as Cape Verde humbles visiting Tanzania

1 hour ago
by David Isabirye

2019 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers (Group L)

1st Leg: Cape Verde 3-0 Tanzania

Return Leg: Tuesday, 16th October 2018:

Tanzania Vs Cape Verde – National Stadium, Dar es salaam
Action between Cape Verde and Tanzania in Praia on Friday

Cape Verde Islands recorded their first victory in the on-going AFCON 2019 qualifiers, triumphing 3-0 against Tanzania at Praia stadium on Friday.

Ricard Gomes scored twice in the opening 23 minutes as the West Africans took a 2-0 lead heading to the half time break.

Gomes struck the opener in the 16th minute before he added the second seven minutes later.

Stopira then wrapped the scoring business with the icing on the already baked cake with five minutes to the climax of the game.
Cape Verde defeated Tanzania Taifa Stars 3-0
The team captains and referees prior kick off

This was the first win of Cape Verde having lost 1-0 at home to Uganda in the group L opener in Praia before rallying from a goal down to hold Lesotho to a one all draw in the second leg.

Cape Verde Islands thus overtakes Uganda Cranes aloft the summit of group L.

Both countries now have four points but the Islanders have a goal advantage.

Tanzania is now rock bottom with two points as Lesotho who face Uganda on Saturday remains third with two points.

Team Line Ups:

Cape Verde XI: Thierry Graça, Stopira, Jeffrey Fortes, Gêgê, Tiago Almeida, Ponck, Babanco, Garry Rodrigues, Héldon, Ricardo Gomes, Djaniny

Tanzania XI: Aishi Manula, Michael, Banda, Morris, Mwantika, Kessy, Mao, Yahya, Mbwana Samatta, Thomas Ulimwengu, Msuva
https://www.kawowo.com/2018/10/13/afcon ... -tanzania/
Last edited by Kabalega on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Amuneke's TZ team Beaten like they stole sometihng....

Post by mcal »

...I felt sorry for Amunike, seems his players not cooperating.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

mcal wrote:...I felt sorry for Amunike, seems his players not cooperating.
hey!! :P , do you know that Cabo Verde team is full of players from the Portuguese league?
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

CV is a good team
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Really? How do you know this?
Could it be that Cape Verde is a good team?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

pajimoh wrote:CV is a good team
...kpom, that means dem go take go fit take SE to task given where awa pipul dey :laugh:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

To earn a draw at Cape Verde was unexpected to be frank. Cape Verde is a tough team and had been ranked head of Nigeria on some occasions.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

They are cooperating but not good enough. They will still be thrashed if they had klop as their coach and Mesi in the team.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Does Tanzania have any star players? In hindsight this may have been a wrong move for Amuneke. Hope the damage to his pedigree is not much.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

they can still finish second in the group
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

felarey wrote:Does Tanzania have any star players? In hindsight this may have been a wrong move for Amuneke. Hope the damage to his pedigree is not much.
They have a very dangerous striker, Samatta who I believe, plies his trade at FK Genk.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mbwana- ... ler/182201
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Kabalega wrote:
felarey wrote:Does Tanzania have any star players? In hindsight this may have been a wrong move for Amuneke. Hope the damage to his pedigree is not much.
They have a very dangerous striker, Samatta who I believe, plies his trade at FK Genk.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mbwana- ... ler/182201

Samatta is very good, but Cape Verde is just a stronger side.