Nigeria v Libya (4-0) FT - Ighalo (Hattrick lo mo), Kalu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria v Libya (3-0) 2H - Ighalo (Hattrick lo mo)

Post by metalalloy »

paj wrote:
Odas wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:Now, I am very happy. We have won this game convincingly
About time!! On to Tunisia!
... exactly! Hopefully we will get a point there, if not more
Tunisia ke? Nor be Libya we dey play?

Yeye smelly mouf ghananese looking musician, you wan make dem play for warzone? Libya plays its "home" games abroad.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/lib ... -in-tunis/
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Lol. All the Rohr critics done pick race for this thread. We no deserve beta tin for Naija. Real talk.

Don't like his philosophy of the game...

But hard to see a game where he got his tactics wrong, save for the Croatia match...
I hear you but our people in general lack patience. They believe in the myth of overnight success which is why steady progress doesn't happen in Nigeria.
And frankly it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

paj wrote:
Odas wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Yes, but Libya's "home" games are not played in Libya, so in this case, the game will be played in Tunisia
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria v Libya (4-0) 2H - Ighalo (Hattrick lo mo), Kalu

Post by ohsee »

Ekorian wrote:Misses Ighalo will get the MOTM but I would have given to JAY JAY IWOBI :clap:
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Kpom! :D Who be dis Samuel Kalu by di way? That was some goal :scared: :scared:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good win for Nigeria. We look forward to the next game. Happy for Odion.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

No point crying over spilt milk, but one can only wonder what would have happened at the world cup if Iwobi was our AM.

I've always felt Ighalo has been unfairly criticised for failing to score because in more than half the games he's played for the SE, he has received very poor service. Even the likes of Harry Kane, Cavani, Lewandoski, and Suarez would have struggled to score in some of the games Ighalo has played for the SE. You can only judge a striker objectively when he's getting support and receiving the ball from those around him.
Last edited by olu on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

john12 wrote:Typical Cowardice Nigerians like Zee and co wouldn’t give the coach credit for this win, but if he had lost, they would had castigated the man.
Everyone should stay honorable at all times and you cannot blame the coach when the team loses while praising the players when we win
How can the highlighted happen to folks whose minds are on a one way track?
You go wait tire!
Abeg, chop rice and leave stone jare.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

bushboy wrote:Isaac success is a very good player. Even with the short time on the pitch. You could see his class.
Would have made it 5:0 had the ref not wrongly called a foul.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Cito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cito wrote:Kalu is irritating the crap out of me with his play that only seeks personal glory.
Sharap abeg, Kalu is one of our few players that can create chances for himself and others.
He is not creating for others. Most times he is worse placed than team mates he goes for personal glory. That’s not to say he is a bad player. He needs to correct that aspect of his game and he will be on the next level.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

9jaman you’re the real clown for not accepting defeat and learning from it than insulting our coach.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohsee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Misses Ighalo will get the MOTM but I would have given to JAY JAY IWOBI :clap:
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Kpom! :D Who be dis Samuel Kalu by di way? That was some goal :scared: :scared:
That Kalu bobo selfish small but na baller and that goal was sweet mehn... :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

paj wrote:
Odas wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Libya plays their games in Tunisia due to unrest in their country.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Robbynice wrote:
ohsee wrote:
That Kalu bobo selfish small but na baller and that goal was sweet mehn... :clap:
Hopefully it's just him trying to prove his worth with his first competitive start. He seems much more of a team player at Bordeaux.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohsee wrote:

gfor me iwobi was better than even field marshal mikel could have done
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria v Libya (4-0) FT - Ighalo (Hattrick lo mo), Kalu

Post by john12 »

People should stop saying rohr got his tactics wrong against Argentina or Croatia, he didn’t. We just lost to a better team with better players. Shikena! If you want to challenge world class teams, produce world class players. You see how these boys destroyed Libya today?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Lol. All the Rohr critics done pick race for this thread. We no deserve beta tin for Naija. Real talk.

But hard to see a game where he got his tactics wrong, save for the Croatia match...
I hear you but our people in general lack patience. They believe in the myth of overnight success which is why steady progress doesn't happen in Nigeria.

Absolutely. We are probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the continent atm...

Just need to sort out the 3rd midfielder position, more from a tactical standpoint than a personnel standpoint.

Iwobi is great in the last third, but overall contribution to central MF control is lacking...
Against an opponent like Libya he need not be perfect in the defensive phase because they lack the threat to capitalize on the spaces left behind but against more quality opponents I expect him to adjust accordingly to provide greater balance.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Based on this game, Aina should start ahead of Sheu and Usain bolt Collins should always be in the 1st eleven. I'm not sure why Musa is still playing from the wings and not centrally. Ndidi shouldn't be allowed near Uyo run girls again and Uzoho 2 left boots should be replace ASAP. Solid 2nd half but the Libyans were honestly gassed out....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

john12 wrote:People should stop saying rohr got his tactics wrong against Argentina or Croatia, he didn’t. We just lost to a better team with better players. Shikena! If you want to challenge world class teams, produce world class players. You see how these boys destroyed Libya today?
ol boi we still have to beat south africa and libya again then you can gloat about rohr
Last edited by jette1 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

:curse: 1 dodgy pena, 1 offside goal, And the fourth was Marginally offside at some stage. Only one legit goal......... :curse:

only kidding :lol:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

john12 wrote:People should stop saying rohr got his tactics wrong against Argentina or Croatia, he didn’t. We just lost to a better team with better players. Shikena! If you want to challenge world class teams, produce world class players. You see how these boys destroyed Libya today?
Nigeria were visibly better than Argentina. They lacked however a creative force in midfield. Iwobi would have made a world of difference. As would a proper winger on the wings.

Every Rohr critic has been saying the same thing since the November Nigeria - Argentina thrashing - Iwobi must start.
Last edited by marutimon on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Is South Africa a better team with better players than Nigeria?

Why did they beat Nigeria in Uyo?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

So who gets to qualify from the group? First 2 teams?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

Absolutely. We are probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the continent atm...

Just need to sort out the 3rd midfielder position, more from a tactical standpoint than a personnel standpoint.

Iwobi is great in the last third, but overall contribution to central MF control is lacking...
Against an opponent like Libya he need not be perfect in the defensive phase because they lack the threat to capitalize on the spaces left behind but against more quality opponents I expect him to adjust accordingly to provide greater balance.

Wish I had ur confidence. Don't trust these Arsenal players and their sauna bath owner mentality- profiting off other people's sweat...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp