Thierry Henry appointed as Manager of AS Monaco

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Thierry Henry appointed as Manager of AS Monaco

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:The business of talking football is being taken too seriously. Talking the talk is different from walking the walk. He should have given himself time to learn the trade and not throw himself into an ocean when he has not mastered the art of swimming in a pool
txj, talks a lot of football, so are you saying he is a poet? :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:The business of talking football is being taken too seriously. Talking the talk is different from walking the walk. He should have given himself time to learn the trade and not throw himself into an ocean when he has not mastered the art of swimming in a pool
Spot on sir, I also think the Belgian asst position got into his head.

This guy that Arsene wanted to stay and coach the Arsenal reserve ...yabbed Wenger well and now is seeing the fire.

My only qualm was taking Ampadu to crash with him, that one sef should have stayed with the U23 team ( he was doing so well with them ).
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:

This guy that Arsene wanted to stay and coach the Arsenal reserve ...yabbed Wenger well and now is seeing the fire.

My only qualm was taking Ampadu to crash with him, that one sef should have stayed with the U23 team ( he was doing so well with them ).
Yep, Zidane did it the right way starting out with the youth team and building.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Many more axes will fall and the queue for the coveted with curve corners like Morten Gamst Pedersen. Get the contract typed up on his desk now before it's too late. Whose desk? None other than Samwise Allardyce. Big.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I feel sorry for him, he should have stayed in the studio where he was doing a great coaching by clicking and moving players into right positions. Truth be told, he was very good at this.

Now he has gone in to demystify himself and open himself to ridicule. I remember Alan Shearer rushing in too believing he is the Messiah Newcastle was waiting for to escape relegation.... He took them down. I like him, he simply jettison the idea of coaching and decided to go with Gary Lineker on MOTD.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tough luck Henry. Keep your head up and NEVER give up
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:I feel sorry for him, he should have stayed in the studio where he was doing a great coaching by clicking and moving players into right positions. Truth be told, he was very good at this.

Now he has gone in to demystify himself and open himself to ridicule. I remember Alan Shearer rushing in too believing he is the Messiah Newcastle was waiting for to escape relegation.... He took them down. I like him, he simply jettison the idea of coaching and decided to go with Gary Lineker on MOTD.
He always hide a desire to coach, he thought the way to that was the pundit job, that were wahala started with Wenger ( plus at one time while employed by Arsenal , he decided to yab Wenger as a pundit .. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: )

Wenger no find am funny and asked him to chose between the two ..hindsight is 20/20 he should have dropped pundit and knuckled down to do the asst coaching position for the arsenal u23. By now he would have learnt something. and more pundit gigs would have come ..he put the cart before the horse. and e dey pain me because I really like the bobo :(.

...Socrates
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote:I feel sorry for him, he should have stayed in the studio where he was doing a great coaching by clicking and moving players into right positions. Truth be told, he was very good at this.

i do not feel sorry for any of the TV pundits
Gary Neville is/was a very good pundit with the pen and screen

when it comes to talking and bashing coaches, they are 1st in line
Imagine if Monaco hires Wenger to replace him

Next up is Scholes

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

How humiliating. Why suspend the guy? You either fire him or give him a vote of confidence. Suspension is a lose-lose situation. My only guess is they are suspending him in hopes that he resigns so they don't have to pay the remainder of his salary.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Heliopolis wrote:How humiliating. Why suspend the guy? You either fire him or give him a vote of confidence. Suspension is a lose-lose situation. My only guess is they are suspending him in hopes that he resigns so they don't have to pay the remainder of his salary.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

...Socrates
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Adieu Henry .... grass ain’t always greener on the other side ... there goes ya rep
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I just cannot kick a man like Henry when he is down. I say tough luck, hang in there and fight on. You will be better for this experience. All the best.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

translation - he lost the dressing room

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

He went into the job with an English mentality. I heard Ince say he would have won the game OGS won, I laughed see OGS first appease Pogba, then sorted Rashfird, now he is telling Lukaku to be patient. He didn't go in looking for who to blame like the English press were doing. How can you go into a club and try to be big man chase first team players to reserve.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

He can at least smile until the next job.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

No surprise.

Never thought he had the temperament to be a manager.

Another one is Gerrard.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Prince wrote:He went into the job with an English mentality. I heard Ince say he would have won the game OGS won, I laughed see OGS first appease Pogba, then sorted Rashfird, now he is telling Lukaku to be patient. He didn't go in looking for who to blame like the English press were doing. How can you go into a club and try to be big man chase first team players to reserve.
He needed humility and experience. He will be better for the lessons learnt.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Prince wrote:He went into the job with an English mentality. I heard Ince say he would have won the game OGS won, I laughed see OGS first appease Pogba, then sorted Rashfird, now he is telling Lukaku to be patient. He didn't go in looking for who to blame like the English press were doing. How can you go into a club and try to be big man chase first team players to reserve.
That Paul Ince must be the most arrogant dumb prick to come out of that generation. It was the same arrogance that made Fergie dump his arse out of United. I remember when he was lined up as one of the coaches to understudy Capello, the clown refused saying such is not for him. Where is he today coaching backwater teams.. I read that statement last week and I just shook my head at some things that can never change.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Henry hope you learn from this but I have no pitty for you when you are making money after sacked.Good luck and try to be hunble like Wenger and it will help you.You cant take Pep mentality and think you know it all and push first team players around.Hope its a big lesson learn.Go and see Wenger for some few lesson how to humble and deal with players.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Yep, Zidane did it the right way starting out with the youth team and building.
Pep too
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Better for it? This ill fated adventure may cost him a career in management.