ONLY NORTH AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND SA SHOULD HOST ANC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
ONLY NORTH AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND SA SHOULD HOST ANC

Post by vancity eagle »

I am sorry but I have to say this.

Only countries which have the needed infrastructure should be able to host ANCs.

This giving our Confederatioinal tournament to whichever country has to stop. I am primarily worried about the state of African pitches. Time and time again we see that most African countries cannot even produce ONE pitch of quality where we can actually have proper football being played.

I for one am sick of watching the quality of the tournament really go down due to piss poor bumpy pitches, and cow grazing fields where the game that is being played does not even resemble the beautiful game. It is shameful to be honest, and CAF is about to make the biggest mistake by offering now a 24 team tournament to Cameroon, a country known for their piss poor pitches.

If the US can host every single Gold Cup, I see no reason why the ANC does not just alternate between countries with have the necessary facilities, especially with an expanded 24 team tournament. I feel we are about to witness an embarassement.

Only Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, and South Africa should be hosting tournaments.

I think Angola is pretty decent as well, I remember they had some nice stadiums in the tournament they hosted. Everybody else forget it.

I want to watch the continents best playing real football, and not running around on desert patches, or grazing fields having trouble trapping the ball, or make accurate passes on bumpy pitch. THis disgrace really has to stop, it is a disservice to the beautfiul game.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ONLY NORTH AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND SA SHOULD HOST ANC

Post by vancity eagle »

Or the other countries can consider co-hosting if they can provide enough quality pitches between them.

Equatorial Guinea and Gabon actually weren't that bad either but I still remember one of their pitches was just piss poor.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ok, we will send your order to all the African countries you don’t want to host via YouTube.
OCCUPY NFF!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Ghana hosted it successfully not too long ago, all they'll probably need is to refurbish what they have.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I agree,in order for Africa to progress a standard must be set and it has be above the standard of the average African countries infrastructure and leaves South Africa,all North Africa (when safe) minus Libya and possibly Angola.No nation that can't invest in its national sport should even be allowed to bid or give nations more time to prepare by playing the tournament every four years with three hosts chosen in advance!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't agree

Nigeria, Ethiopia and etc can certainly host the nation's cup.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

vancity eagle wrote:Or the other countries can consider co-hosting if they can provide enough quality pitches between them.

Equatorial Guinea and Gabon actually weren't that bad either but I still remember one of their pitches was just piss poor.
Gabon has a proper infrastructure agency that uses a private/public partnership approach to building and managing infrastructure, their stadium was built and managed by Bechtel, hence the reason why they have proper stadia. Nigeria uses feudal techniques to approach every problem hence the reason why I can't bring myself to watch that eyesore without wanting to throw up due to embarrassment.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Nothing worse than trying to kick a ball on a nigerian pitch and kick stubborn grass instead
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

It's not about excluding some countries from bidding but setting a minimum standard for the quality of stadiums, pitches, transportation, hotels etc. The detailed specifications can be set out clearly during the bidding process. Only countries that demonstrate they can meet those specifications in the given time can win the bid. I’m sure they already do this, but it needs to be stricter. Instead of excluding some countries CAF needs to encourage those with less infrastructure to invest in the necessary infrastructure to host the cup. This could continue to benefit their football long after the competition is over.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

What happened to the sand beach called Nelspruit in South Africa that allowed the Burkina stallions to gallop around our boys with ease? And wasn't it Morocco (North Africans) who pulled out of hosting at the last minute that year?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Ghana can easily host African cup
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Rwanda hosted CHAN to great success.

Libya, Tunisia, Egypt and heck even Morocco do not meet Rwanda's standards except for the grass stadiums.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Guy there are a lot of African countries that can host an AFCON. Zambia, Tanxania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Angola , Gabon etc. I think East Africa should be given a chance to host although Kenya disgraced themselves by losing the rights to host the CHAN. I would like to see different countries host these competitions instead of the same old
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

A very elitist thread. Not to mention a thread that excludes most of the continent. I would rather CAF sets a minimum standard for hosting the ANC but also helps the various countries reach this minimum standard or even encourage cohosting as has already been mentioned.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:A very elitist thread. Not to mention a thread that excludes most of the continent. I would rather CAF sets a minimum standard for hosting the ANC but also helps the various countries reach this minimum standard or even encourage cohosting as has already been mentioned.
:agree:
Rwanda, Uganda & Tanzania could make for a great tournament.
Zimbabwe, Zambia and Namibia could make for another good tournament.

The 24 team tourney is a good idea but few single countries can and should take on that burden.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Standard of pitches is only one standard. You also need countries that have money to host, reliable transport, and safety/sound security. In recent years some of the North African countries have not even been allowed to play at home due to security issues or crowd violence!

Plus do you really think the West, Central, and East African members of CAF will vote for a resolution that would bar them from hosting the AFCON?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

VE is projecting what is well known as the soft bigotry of low expectations. He puts the whole of black Africa together as unworthy just like he does our local players, coaches and everything else Nigerian.

My guess is that VE is likely of mixed race, likely that his only connection to Nigeria is a parent and football. Everything else about Nigeria is of no interest to him unless it's football related and it's on tv or YouTube. Many have made critical comments about Nigeria and Africa on CE but rarely do you cybers label them as unworthy. Nigeria is a mystery to VE. He has to balance what he sees national geaographic, BBC and EPL games to come up with a view of Nigeria. I don't blame him but I'd encourage him to actually GO to Nigeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Orion wrote:It's not about excluding some countries from bidding but setting a minimum standard for the quality of stadiums, pitches, transportation, hotels etc. The detailed specifications can be set out clearly during the bidding process. Only countries that demonstrate they can meet those specifications in the given time can win the bid. I’m sure they already do this, but it needs to be stricter. Instead of excluding some countries CAF needs to encourage those with less infrastructure to invest in the necessary infrastructure to host the cup. This could continue to benefit their football long after the competition is over.
This is all that needs to be said about this topic.

:thumb:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

why don't we host AFCON in USA

Ghana-Nigeria in a third country in Africa hardly draws a crowd
Ghana-Nigeria in Chicago, Houston or New York will likely draw over 20,000 (mainly illegals)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rawlings wrote:why don't we host AFCON in USA

Ghana-Nigeria in Chicago, Houston or New York will likely draw over 20,000 (mainly illegals)
Illegal Ghanaians. Yup!
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rawlings wrote:why don't we host AFCON in USA

No
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Kabalega wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote:A very elitist thread. Not to mention a thread that excludes most of the continent. I would rather CAF sets a minimum standard for hosting the ANC but also helps the various countries reach this minimum standard or even encourage cohosting as has already been mentioned.
:agree:
Rwanda, Uganda & Tanzania could make for a great tournament.
Zimbabwe, Zambia and Namibia could make for another good tournament.

The 24 team tourney is a good idea but few single countries can and should take on that burden.
:clap: :clap:
In Zim we have 4 stadia up to CAF standard, Botswana has like 2, Namibia 2, Zambia about 3 :thumbs: More importantly top notch infrastructure :thumbs: :taunt:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q