ROHR, JUST PUTTING LIPSTICK ON A PIG WITH REGARDS TO IGHALO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
ROHR, JUST PUTTING LIPSTICK ON A PIG WITH REGARDS TO IGHALO

Post by JACKAL »

Sorry People, I dont share your jubilation about Ighalos hatrick today.

Penalty, potential offside, scrappy goal !!!

This is Rohr trying to justify his unexplained belief in Ighalo. His hattrick today is just an attempt to put lipstick on a pig.

Ighalo is not the striker who will take us to the promised. He is a fully grown striker who is still learning how to play the position at this late time in his life. Not recipe for sustained success at the highest level. When we start playing real teams, then you will find out you have been sold a bill of goods again.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ROHR, JUST PUTTING LIPSTICK ON A PIG WITH REGARDS TO IGH

Post by paj »

A goal is like a child...none is ever ugly!..well..except for AnikuMongrel :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Not sure why you are worried about a lipstick on a pig unless you are interested in kissing the pig :taunt:
I'm one of Rohr's biggest critics but he adjusted well in the second half. Couple with the fact that the Ghadaffi boys were tired.
Back to misses Ighalo, for now until we find someone prolific, I'll take a useless striker with a hat trick over Kelechi who is always sticking out is tongue and Onyekuru who was interested in showboating in his cameo appearance today.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The pen was soft...... and he almost missed it Keeper went the right way and got a hand to it. He missed several chances in the first half if we had a proper striker the game would of been over by half time. Imagine even after the third goals I was praying that he gets taken off.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Flex Swift wrote:The pen was soft...... and he almost missed it Keeper went the right way and got a hand to it. He missed several chances in the first half if we had a proper striker the game would of been over by half time. Imagine even after the third goals I was praying that he gets taken off.

You are a HATER

After hat trick? Abeg go jump in a lake :thumbs:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Flex Swift wrote:The pen was soft...... and he almost missed it Keeper went the right way and got a hand to it. He missed several chances in the first half if we had a proper striker the game would of been over by half time. Imagine even after the third goals I was praying that he gets taken off.
That's the big if. Do we have one? Do we have another striker that has proven himself with GOALS in the last 10 games for the SE that we can safely say is a better option than Ighalo? Or are we gonna prefer to have someone there who is not scoring so that we can point the finger at the coach and complain instead of acknowledging that perhaps our striker is just not good enough?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

JACKAL wrote:Sorry People, I dont share your jubilation about Ighalos hatrick today.

This is Rohr trying to justify his unexplained belief in Ighalo. His hattrick today is just an attempt to put lipstick on a pig.

Ighalo is not the striker who will take us to the promised. He is a fully grown striker who is still learning how to play the position at this late time in his life. Not recipe for sustained success at the highest level. When we start playing real teams, then you will find out you have been sold a bill of goods again.
Well it is you who I and a few others explained earlier that 3points are the ultimate goal,had Nigeria not found the net earlier in this game thanks to Ighalo's penalty (all be it slightly lucky) we may have given Libya confidence as the game went on and who knows what may have happened.I personally was disgusted with Ighalo's inhability to find the net in Russia especially against Argentina but today he scored a hatrick and of cause that won't make up for his earlier performances but we got a win today now it's on to the next game!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=291560&p=5334933#p5334933
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Rohr is not a good coach,how this madman bench iwobi in world cup is something he ned to be send back to Germany.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

kajifu wrote:Rohr is not a good coach,how this madman bench iwobi in world cup is something he ned to be send back to Germany.
34004 posts and na this kine post you dey post?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Funny people on here :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

JACKAL wrote:Sorry People, I dont share your jubilation about Ighalos hatrick today.

Although I agree with you on Ighalo, there was not potential offside goal. It wasn't even close. Ighalo was well onside when Iwobi palyed him through. However, it seems things fell for Ighalo today. He always seems to want to control the ball and shoot within the penalty box and good teams wont give him that luxury. If we rely on him in tight games we would be in trouble. I believe we should be looking at Success instead,
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Post-Libyan match press conference.

Rohr talks about Ighalo, Ogu, Mikel, new players etc

[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am also not convinced. We need a striker.

Ighalo is not consistent enough for me.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

This coach is clueless, sticking with only igahlo will be his down fall. Igahlo was is not a good striker at all, we need to try others
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

+1
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Even Ighalo’s most harden supporters know the truth and no longer support him with arguements such as hold up and physical play. The sooner the coaching staff realise they have much better options the better it will be for the team. When think of the list of strikers Nigeria has had from Thompson, Yekini, Martins, Kanu, Yakubu to think we are now fielding this wastepipe that can even play football
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Damunk wrote:Post-Libyan match press conference.

[/video]
Great post match press conference. However, pls can Toyin Ibitoye arrange this much better since it is going out to the world audience. The loud muttering and chattering from the folks there was not good at all. The continuous disruption from phone signals and the ringtones also contributed to the chaos. I don't think it will be too much for Toyin Ibitoye to enforce some tough rules that will bring the press conference to the levels that we saw in Russia.

Hope he reads this.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:Post-Libyan match press conference.

[/video]
The only good stadium where we can play football in Nigeria
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Naija people are something else, Ms Ighalo no score nah wahala, Ms Ighalo scores nah fluke goals.........................Lord help you people.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Ighalo is not a trustworthy striker, we've only got 90 mins a game to score a goal or two. The bigger issue is there aren't options out there peeps are clamouring for to replace him. We need to find a good striker, it may take looking indepth and not just relying on which club or league the player is at.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

felarey wrote:Ighalo is not a trustworthy striker, we've only got 90 mins a game to score a goal or two. The bigger issue is there aren't options out there peeps are clamouring for to replace him. We need to find a good striker, it may take looking indepth and not just relying on which club or league the player is at.
If there is a striker somewhere ready to slot into the role then there should be evidence of his existence already.
At this level, he's not just going to pop out of the woodwork or a bowl of rice. And Rohr isn't going to manufacture him in the NFF kitchen. That's not his role as national team coach.
Na beans?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Damunk wrote:
felarey wrote:Ighalo is not a trustworthy striker, we've only got 90 mins a game to score a goal or two. The bigger issue is there aren't options out there peeps are clamouring for to replace him. We need to find a good striker, it may take looking indepth and not just relying on which club or league the player is at.
If there is a striker somewhere ready to slot into the role then there should be evidence of his existence already.
At this level, he's not just going to pop out of the woodwork or a bowl of rice. And Rohr isn't going to manufacture him in the NFF kitchen. That's not his role as national team coach.
Na beans?
Have you not heard of Isaac Success. The only reason he's not starting for Watford is due to the form & understanding between Deeny & Gray. In his 2 starts this season he scored in both. In the recent weeks he has been getting more playing time and it seems inevitable that he would confine Gray to the bench in due course. I can see the same scenario with the super eagles.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

How can we find a striker, when the coach refuses to look or call up replacements.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx