How good is that Left back new boy?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
How good is that Left back new boy?

Post by Tobi17 »

Collins? I've been seeing some very decent reviews about him based on his performance so far. Granted we haven't really played any quality oppositions yet, but there seems to be so much positives about Collins to suggest he can stake a claim to that problematic LB position. What do you guys make of his positional, tactical, and overall quality so far.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: How good is that Left back new boy?

Post by paj »

club?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This Collins boy is a very wicked boy. In 45mins he has put all other lb out of contention for the spot, owns it He’s strong in the tackle, reads the game well and joins the attack promptly. He must really hate Idowu.
OCCUPY NFF!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Tobi17 wrote:Collins? I've been seeing some very decent reviews about him based on his performance so far. Granted we haven't really played any quality oppositions yet, but there seems to be so much positives about Collins to suggest he can stake a claim to that problematic LB position. What do you guys make of his positional, tactical, and overall quality so far.

The kid was super dope, could have scored, he hit the post, great composure. Verdict? Complete baller :thumbs:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

club?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This Collins boy is a very wicked boy. In 45mins he has put all other lb out of contention for the spot, owns it He’s strong in the tackle, reads the game well and joins the attack promptly. He must really hate Idowu.
no be so so una hail Idowu after his goal in his debut abi second game?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sir V wrote:club?
He plays for Paderborn in the German second div
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This Collins boy is a very wicked boy. In 45mins he has put all other lb out of contention for the spot, owns it He’s strong in the tackle, reads the game well and joins the attack promptly. He must really hate Idowu.
Aina will have something to say about that though!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Tobi17 wrote:
Oga Rohr don plan better choppings :D
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

zee wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Oga Rohr don plan better choppings :D
Na so we see am Oga Zee :taunt:, but the bobo no too bad sha.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

The boy is good but according to CE he is thrash.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

wale1974 wrote:The boy is good but according to CE he is thrash.
He is just a decent 2 bundesliga player.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Google FC
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Aina will have something to say about that though!
Aina is a RB along with Tyrone................Shehu can move back to the middle.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

zee wrote:
As long as he getting REGULAR playing time there and playing WELL for SE............Case Closed
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sir V, forget about his club. However, what do you think of him? Any comment?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

wale1974 wrote:
zee wrote:
As long as he getting REGULAR playing time there and playing WELL for SE............Case Closed
Rohr na his agent!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I dey use this bobo for my fifa 19.. quality player
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

zee wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
zee wrote:
Rohr na his agent!!!
Nawa you sabi................Go take your Meds :mrgreen:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Odas wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sir V, forget about his club. However, what do you think of him? Any comment?
He did well today . Make we dey see.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Jamilu Collins Responds to PaJ and Sir V
Nigeria hopeful Jamilu Collins has no time for haters
http://www.espn.com/soccer/nigeria/stor ... ters-wrong
Aug 30, 2018
Colin Udoh

If there is one thing that has remained consistent among Nigerian football fans, it is a determination to tear into the seeming demerits of any newly-released Super Eagles squad.

This week, after coach Gernot Rohr released his squad for next month's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Seychelles, the complaining centered around the call up of two second division players, Jamilu Collins and Semi Ajayi.

One of those two players is not taking the criticism lightly. Collins, who plays in Germany's Bundesliga 2 for SC Paderborn, bristles with indignation at any suggestion that the division he plays in should be a hindrance to his international prospects.

"Because I play the second Bundesliga does not mean I am not capable. The second Bundesliga is one of the toughest leagues in the world," the defender tells KweséESPN.

"It is rated the same as Portugal first division, as the Turkish first division, as the Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Netherlands first division.

"It is called second but it is just second in name only. The game and the quality inside is great. If it is cheap, I don't think the coach can call me.

"When the qualifier comes and if I get my chance, we will see if it is second division football that I play."

Collins was an integral part of why Paderborn secured promotion to Bundesliga 2 last season, which prompted a Nigeria look-in.
Them's fightin' words from a player who doesn't even have his foot in the door yet. But Jamilu is used to confronting, and overcoming, adversity.

Born in Kaduna, the city known as a veritable conveyor belt of football talent in Nigeria where only the best make the breakthrough, the now-24-year-old excelled enough to find himself at the Football Academy Abuja as a teen.

Signed up by Croatian side Rijeka in 2014, the defender found minutes hard to come by and was sent out on loan every season for the next four years. In each of those seasons, he made appearances in double figures, but still ended up unable to break into the Rijeka side.

As if that was not bad enough, he suffered two serious injuries during those periods, not only further compromising his chances of first team football with his parent club, but costing him a move to a different club.

"I went on loan because I asked for it because I needed to play. I did not want to be seen as a young player who did not play. I was the youngest on the team so I wanted to get playing time and then come back to my club," he says.

"But I got injured for most of the season when I was playing on loan in Slovenia and when I returned to Rijeka, I got injured again. It was a difficult time for me but even with the injuries, I never doubted myself. I always believed that I would come back stronger."

Come back stronger he did, but not before another setback, when he was released by Rijeka after his recovery. He quickly joined the then-third division Paderborn and has not looked back since, amassing 19 league appearances as the club finished second last season to secure promotion to Bundesliga 2.

It was those performances that caught the eye of the Nigeria manager, with Rohr telling KweséESPN: "He is a young player I saw in Paderborn and he is a very interesting player for us in that position."

What's interesting is the German's decision to call up another left-sided fullback when he has Bryan Idowu, Elderson Echiejile, and Ola Aina at his disposal. This suggests that he is either in need of extra depth in that position, or is simply not convinced by the personnel available.

Echiejile's lack of club minutes so far this season, and his advancing age (he is 30 this year) means he may have drifted out of Rohr's youth-focused considerations. Idowu is currently first choice, and Aina has shown enough to present a strong back up option.

But there are many who remain unconvinced by Idowu's World Cup showing and have not seen enough of Aina as yet. All of which mean that Collins will have a winnable battle on his hands to dislodge either of the two.

He takes this in stride, adding: "It has always been a tough time for me. I have faced a lot of difficulties. But you have to stand up and keep pushing. This is just another challenge in front of me, and I will continue to give my best.

"It has always been my dream to play in the national team because it is the biggest fulfilment of my career. Those who are doubting me, we will see when we meet."
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I would've loved to see him put crosses in the box.
I am happy